Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 08:03 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,979,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You(leftist)
Actively destroy our heritage, culture, and future.
Rewrite our history
Yeah.

Because NO group of people in this country have never had their heritage, culture, and future destroyed or have their history re-written until "leftists" started doing it....

Old 10-03-2014, 05:55 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,746,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah.

Because NO group of people in this country have never had their heritage, culture, and future destroyed or have their history re-written until "leftists" started doing it....
That doesn't mean it's OK to keep doing it, especially when it's done very intentionally.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:57 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,880,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Don't you think that 77 years of celebrating the ethic cleansing that occurred here, in the interest of establishing the states that eventually became our nation, is enough? Or is your point that ethnic cleansing is a good thing, as long as it clears the way for the ethnicities you like to prevail? Or are you in the camp that refuses to admit the truth, and thereby deny that what happened here was indeed systematic forced removal of the pre-Columbian nations from these territories with the intent of creating territories inhabited by people of mostly European extraction, and of mostly Christian persuasion?
You benefit from it. Why do you not divest yourself of some of your assets and help out at the reservation if you feel that strongly about it.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:40 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,979,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That doesn't mean it's OK to keep doing it, especially when it's done very intentionally.
I... was being... SARCASTIC.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-04-2014 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: language

Old 10-03-2014, 10:23 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,154,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Not an embarrassment it was the right decision...

Old 10-04-2014, 05:13 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,744,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
You benefit from it. Why do you not divest yourself of some of your assets and help out at the reservation if you feel that strongly about it.
And I suppose your reply to someone concerned about overpopulation would be to kill themselves. Your almost-surely deliberately foolish view of how things actually change in society is ridiculous. Things change in society when the rules of society itself are changed. Stop playing stupid.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:39 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,880,762 times
You suppose incorrectly as that is not the same logic,(in fact incredibly stupid comparison) and you overreacted because the post struck at your hypocrisy. You can make the difference and so live up to your own words and do something if that is what you truly believe.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,744,999 times
Your denials are predictable... including the childish, " I know you are but what am I?" nonsense. Your offensive claptrap was exposed for what it was and you were embarrassed... Get over it.

Since you know me so well you know we already do quite a lot, more than our share (though perhaps the word "share" is beyond the bounds of your vocabulary so perhaps that won't make sense to you). I don't know you well but from what I can see I would guess I do far far more than you. I suppose that might make you feel inferior but if so then that is your problem and no excuse for the insane response you posted.

UPDATE: And let us not let your ridiculous dodge distract attention from the point: Real impact come from substantive change to society's rules. No amount of puerile silliness can detract from that fact even if it upsets you to consider.

Last edited by bUU; 10-04-2014 at 08:22 AM..

Old 10-04-2014, 08:33 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,752,744 times
Another example of why legislators should meet no more than a week in a year. LOL Let tyrants get bored and they will find something, anything at all, stupid to do.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 16,627,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Stronger groups coming in and crushing weaker groups and taking their land is sadly more common than not in history. Persians did it to take over Iran, English did it to the Celts, Turks did it to southern Armenia, etc etc. Today it's foreign Muslim fighters for ISIS slaughtering Christian Assyrians, Yazidis, and Zorastrians in the Levant.

I'm not proud of most of the things the 63/64ths of me that is European did to the 1/64th of me that is Native American. A lot of death was from disease couldn't have been prevented with the lack of medical knowledge back then but a lot of terrible things were done that were deliberate.

I'm glad in America we debate the morality of our ancestors behavior and try to make amends. Most nations don't apologize for their mistakes. We honor Native fighters were they kicked our butt at Little Big Horn. Name another nation that does that? Turkey is still pissing fire towards any nation that says they committed genocide against non Muslim groups during WWI. Belgium hasn't admitted their genocide in the Congo.

Bottom line is this: I will not move somewhere else because my forefathers shouldn't have taken the land to begin with. I can't undone anything they did. But I do support helping those people who were wronged so my ancestors were enriched. I support any program within reason that helps Native Americans or the descendents of African slaves.
I would guess that's the way Mother Nature intended it. The strong survive, the strong rule. Whether you like it or not, that's the way it's always been on this planet. We (society) have written a constitution, a Bill of Rights and many laws to protect the weaker and the average folks in the last couple of hundred years which is essentially a brand new concept on this planet considering the age of it. Sometimes it works, but it seems to be causing a lot of problems that are very hard to deal with. Not everyone is buying in to our idea of honesty and fair play and equal rights for all. Seems we have to fight a constant war and kill countless people to keep it that way.

Now we have ISIS that wants to rule the world. They sell women and children on open markets. They behead people who don't believe exactly like they do. The strong killing the weak, humans just seem to make that natural instinct so damn complicated and so horrible.

Anyone who doubts that Mother Nature demands the strong to dominate the weak and the strong to survive just has to look at the viruses and bugs that constantly pop up all over the world. We can barely make antibiotics to keep up with them. And who do they kill? The weak always first.

Our thinking is just that, our THINKING. Doesn't have anything to do with the reality of this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies