Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 05:38 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,732,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yes, point out improper grammar and ignore the post...
That was my thought, too. So typical of the left.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:32 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,758,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The is what leftist do, they have the mind and mentally of a 5 year old.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:53 AM

16,739 posts, read 8,722,082 times
Quote:
Yes, point out improper grammar and ignore the post...
A tactic of someone who feels they are losing the debate. Similar to a few other tactics such as trying to portray non PC people as racists.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:38 AM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,221,854 times
Columbus wasn't exactly a great guy, so it's not a horrible thing. Funny that we celebrate a man who helped try to establish a system of economically extractive colonies, from which we later broke away and now celebrate that event (the revolution). It's a tad contradictory.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:07 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,437,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I hate the left supporting proper English Grammar. When are they going to learn that there is no official language in the U.S. and we have the right to speak and write bad English, Spanish, or whatever, probably Chinese and Arabic after the joint Sino-Islamic jihad.

I welcum are new Masturs.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:12 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,758,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
A tactic of someone who feels they are losing the debate. Similar to a few other tactics such as trying to portray non PC people as racists.
That and screaming "racist" till their throats bleed.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:18 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,384,343 times
Quote:
You(leftist)
Actively destroy our heritage, culture, and future.
Rewrite our history
Support and aid the importation of millions of 3rd worlds both legal and illegal for political gains.
Favor flat out indoctrination of children, yet oppose education reform (charter schools and vouchers)
Support a regulatory state the hinders and prevents business and commerce
Block Oil and Gas production that would create jobs and wealth, free us from the middle east
Play identity political where if you don't support blank for group blank your are a "racist" "bigotry" hate kids" ect

And lastly

Infringement our our right to self defense and bearing of arms based on emotional opinions which are intellectually void scientific bankrupt.

You are actively destroying our culture, do you think we would brush your ideologues actions of like it was not what it was?

You are antithetical to everything we stand for and want, You want us and America to be something else other then what we are, what we should be...

Like all Leftist you hate the west, and everything it is, has done, and everything it will be...

My advice is move somewhere else..Everyone can win, you guys can have you workers paradise, we can live under liberty and limited government..
No one is "rewriting history" just putting it in perspective, celebrating an Italian Explorer funded by Spain to sail a ship across the ocean that would have eventually happened in any event compared to wiping out indigenous people.

Let no opportunity to bring in guns and ammo into a thread that is absolutely unrelated

Old 10-02-2014, 06:18 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,538,990 times
Stronger groups coming in and crushing weaker groups and taking their land is sadly more common than not in history. Persians did it to take over Iran, English did it to the Celts, Turks did it to southern Armenia, etc etc. Today it's foreign Muslim fighters for ISIS slaughtering Christian Assyrians, Yazidis, and Zorastrians in the Levant.

I'm not proud of most of the things the 63/64ths of me that is European did to the 1/64th of me that is Native American. A lot of death was from disease couldn't have been prevented with the lack of medical knowledge back then but a lot of terrible things were done that were deliberate.

I'm glad in America we debate the morality of our ancestors behavior and try to make amends. Most nations don't apologize for their mistakes. We honor Native fighters were they kicked our butt at Little Big Horn. Name another nation that does that? Turkey is still pissing fire towards any nation that says they committed genocide against non Muslim groups during WWI. Belgium hasn't admitted their genocide in the Congo.

Bottom line is this: I will not move somewhere else because my forefathers shouldn't have taken the land to begin with. I can't undone anything they did. But I do support helping those people who were wronged so my ancestors were enriched. I support any program within reason that helps Native Americans or the descendents of African slaves.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,944,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Stronger groups coming in and crushing weaker groups and taking their land is sadly more common than not in history. Persians did it to take over Iran, English did it to the Celts, Turks did it to southern Armenia, etc etc. Today it's foreign Muslim fighters for ISIS slaughtering Christian Assyrians, Yazidis, and Zorastrians in the Levant.

I'm not proud of most of the things the 63/64ths of me that is European did to the 1/64th of me that is Native American. A lot of death was from disease couldn't have been prevented with the lack of medical knowledge back then but a lot of terrible things were done that were deliberate.

I'm glad in America we debate the morality of our ancestors behavior and try to make amends. Most nations don't apologize for their mistakes. We honor Native fighters were they kicked our butt at Little Big Horn. Name another nation that does that? Turkey is still pissing fire towards any nation that says they committed genocide against non Muslim groups during WWI. Belgium hasn't admitted their genocide in the Congo.

Bottom line is this: I will not move somewhere else because my forefathers shouldn't have taken the land to begin with. I can't undone anything they did. But I do support helping those people who were wronged so my ancestors were enriched. I support any program within reason that helps Native Americans or the descendents of African slaves.
Please remember you're NOT responsible for what your family did way back in the day. You have just as much right to live in the US as any other US citizen.

Too; the American Indian tribes many times did some real nasty stuff to each other BEFORE the white man got here but; few people in 2014 slam the Aztecs, Comanches and so on for that THEY did to weaker tribes before 1492. Tho the AI's today ain't guilty either of a thing for what THEIR ancestors did way back then.

I'm of Irish family; but, I def DON'T hold the English responsible in 2014 for what happened to "my people" in Ireland in 1848. It is what it is.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:31 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,734,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q123 View Post
You know that a leftie has lost the debate when they begin invoking Hitler rebuttals. That's their final line of defense, right after calling their opponent a white supremacist.
To be fair, Hitler was a conservative. Nazism is a reasonable albeit extreme analog of today's right-wing. I personally avoid Hitler references, even when they're appropriate, because I know the juvenile mind of some right-wingers cannot internalize those references with integrity even when they're appropriate, but that doesn't mean that the right-wingers' incapacity in that regard is reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies