Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 09:23 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times

Advertisements

House's bioethics always seem to be to save the patient in spite of the CDC.

He seems fixated on individualism.

He also seems to always disrespect lies and liars.

Lies kill!

House: “There’s No Way the CDC’s Going to Give us Access”*|*Bioethics in Television Entertainment

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 08-29-2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old 08-29-2014, 09:23 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
meanwhile your link is to the ANTIVAX conspiracy site 'naturalnews"

meanwhile William Thompson is a phoney

your posting a MADEUP news report..... snopes.com: Fraud at the CDC Uncovered?
The Church of Antivaccines, whose god, Mr. Andy Wakefield, should be held criminally responsible for deaths of children who never got the MMR vaccine, are so bereft of any real evidence to support their beliefs, they will either invent, misrepresent, or manipulate any story that even tenuously supports their dogma that vaccines are dangerous.

So, what is the Antivaccine movement saying? They’re pushing a story that a CDC researcher, Dr. William Thompson, has “admitted” that the CDC itself has covered up or hidden damning evidence that MMR vaccine actually causes autism. It was presented in a heavily promoted video, narrated by the aforementioned ******, Wakefield.

The producers of the video, the Autism Media Channel, have a long history of producing videos that allow Wakefield to shill his particularly vile brand of misinformation. One of the worst videos was about Alex Spourdalakis, an autistic child that was murdered by his mother and another caretaker, because they could not handle his autism. Essentially, Wakefield and his sycophants excused the murder because the poor mother and caretaker couldn’t deal with the “vaccine injuries”, and “they had no choice.” It gets worse. Wakefield, in his full narcissistic glory, takes the opportunity to ask for money from the viewers.

So the video announces that Dr. Thompson, who has published numerous articles with the CDC, all analyzing vaccine safety, is a CDC whistleblower. One of his studies, coauthored with prolific CDC researcher, Frank DeStefano, is the target of the antivaccination cult. Their study concluded that there was no difference in the rate of autism in Atlanta-area African-American children between those who were vaccinated and those who weren’t. It’s one of dozens upon dozens of studies that have shown NO link between vaccines and autism.

The center of this manufactroversy (it’s a word, one of my favorite portmanteaus) is an article by Brian Hooker, published in Translational Neurodegeneration, a journal with such a low impact factor, it doesn’t actually have one. In other words, it’s probably one of the bottom feeder journals in the world of medical journals, the place where you send your article when no one else will publish it. Hooker essentially reexamines the data from DeStefano et al., coming to a completely opposite conclusion about the data:

So who is this Brian Hooker? Dr. Hooker is an engineer with no background at all in any of the key areas of study regarding vaccines: immunology, virology, microbiology, epidemiology, public health, or anything. He’s on the faculty of Simpson University, an uncompetitive, low-ranked California based Christian university. It teaches creationism in the biology department, so being on the faculty there is a serious indictment of the quality of scientific research performed at the school. There is nothing in Dr. Hooker’s background that indicates he knows anything about vaccines, save for being a shill for the anti-vaccination group, Focus Autism.

Additionally, Hooker’s article cites studies from Mark, and his son David, Geier, infamous “researchers” who push the “vaccines cause autism” myth, and who used to push the horrific Lupron Therapy. Essentially, the Geiers believed that mercury causes autism (no, it doesn’t), that chelation removes mercury (which is incredibly dangerous), but testosterone in children binds to the mercury (no it doesn’t) so injections of Lupron, a potent drug that has specific uses in treating some types of cancer, are used to remove the testosterone. Horrifying. In fact, their Lupron therapy was so dangerous to children that several medical boards stripped them of their licenses. Neither of the Geiers, including David who has no known advanced degrees in anything and may have been practicing medicine without a license, have any experience in pediatrics, immunology, epidemiology, virology, vaccines, or anything related to vaccines. They are, at best, delusional, and at worst, a clear and present danger to the children that were under their care. They are charlatans. They violated all aspects of the physician oath of “do no harm.” It is irresponsible that any journal, even a low ranked, barely credible, barely cited journal like BioMed Research International would publish any article that had the Geiers as co-authors.

•Where is William Thompson, Ph.D.? If he’s a whistleblower, where is he? Has he spoken to the FBI or a Federal prosecutor in an investigation of the CDC? Or is Thompson some poor sap who stated things to Hooker (and maybe Wakefield) in some naive belief that they would understand what he was saying? Since all we have is hearsay from Hooker, we actually don’t know what Thompson actually said. Who knows what was taken out of context. Who knows what Thompson really believes.
•Hooker hasn’t shown anything to anyone that the original DeStefano article somehow got it all wrong. African-American children are at no more of risk from autism caused by vaccines as any other ethnic group-that is no risk.
•Let’s not forget one important scientific fact–after 15 years of looking, and looking hard in huge studies, no legitimate research has shown any link between vaccines, specifically the MMR vaccine, and autism. None. None. None. There are literally hundreds of articles, published in actually high impact factor journals, that refute, debunk, and discredit Andy Wakefield’s fraudulent claims that the MMR vaccine causes autism.
•Let me repeat myself. Vaccines do not cause autism.

oh no..debunked again
Oh no, busted once again for copying and pasting an article from another website and trying to pass it off as your own. It's a copyright issue for one. It also shows that you don't appear to be able to come up with any original thoughts about this on your own. This isn't the first time I've seen you do this but this time I'm calling you out.

Here is the link that you copied directly from. How embarrassing for you!
Great CDC Coverup

Old 08-29-2014, 09:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Oh no, busted once again for copying and pasting an article from another website and trying to pass it off as your own. It's a copyright issue for one. It also shows that you don't appear to be able to come up with any original thoughts about this on your own. This isn't the first time I've seen you do this but this time I'm calling you out.

Great CDC Coverup
uhm who passed it as my own..i included two links...missed one

too bad you wont address the fact that your whole thread is now debunked....again you try to con the city-data.com people here with phoney stories

Old 08-29-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
uhm who passed it as my own..i included two links...missed one

too bad you wont address the fact that your whole thread is now debunked....again you try to con the city-data.com people here with phoney stories
You did! You can't post long passages like that anyway, even with a link, that you "forgot" to include. It's also a good idea to use the quote function or at the very least quotation marks to differentiate your writing from the words that you are quoting. I've seen you do this before so if it was an accident, it's one that keeps on happening to you. You haven't debunked anything. The fact that you think you have is comical.

From the CD TOS:
Quote:
Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You did! You can't post long passages like that anyway, even with a link, that you "forgot" to include. It's also a good idea to use the quote function or at the very least quotation marks to differentiate your writing from the words that you are quoting. I've seen you do this before so if it was an accident, it's one that keeps on happening to you. You haven't debunked anything. The fact that you think you have is comical.

From the CD TOS:

yes you have CONTINUED to post PHONEY scare....phoney CNN.....phoney CDC

mean while William thomspon, hooker, et al are all phoneys...proven...yet you continue to try to con city-data

Old 08-29-2014, 09:37 AM

You can tell he "plagiarized" because the first word of every sentence was capitalized.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:

mean while William thomspon, hooker, et al are all phoneys...proven...yet you continue to try to con city-data
Don't let her get away with it!

Report her!

Old 08-29-2014, 09:46 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:

Great CDC Coverup

Old 08-29-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Don't let her get away with it!

Report her!
I don't play like that...I don't feel the need to report anyone....rather not be a rat

Old 08-29-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:

Phoney? Does that have something to do with a phone? Oh, I get it, you meant to say, phony. Wake up buddy. This is a real scandal that is going on in the real world involving real scientists, one of whom is now known as a whistleblower, and the very real, CDC, and possibly young African American boys who may have been victims. There is nothing phony or even phoney(?) about this scandal.

Last edited by MissTerri; 08-29-2014 at 10:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies