Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 05:34 AM

584 posts, read 1,136,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You would certainly know more about what's on a Georgia birth certificate than the researchers on the ground in Georgia.

Are you going to claim this is another conspiracy from the CDC?
There is a photo of a Georgia birth certificate of a baby born in 1997 in the link I posted.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony-Momma View Post
There is a photo of a Georgia birth certificate of a baby born in 1997 in the link I posted.
Oh, who cares! This relates to what I said earlier: " I have worked in immunizations in some way for most of my nursing career since 1970. I was once part of a task force on immunizations for a local health department, and one thing we all learned quickly was to not argue too much with these anti-vax people. They will take what you say and twist it, just like on CD. " Get off this birth certificate kick! Get back on topic! All these "Armchair Quarterbacks" who probably have no idea how research is actually conducted!

Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Oh, who cares! This relates to what I said earlier: " I have worked in immunizations in some way for most of my nursing career since 1970. I was once part of a task force on immunizations for a local health department, and one thing we all learned quickly was to not argue too much with these anti-vax people. They will take what you say and twist it, just like on CD. " Get off this birth certificate kick! Get back on topic! All these "Armchair Quarterbacks" who probably have no idea how research is actually conducted!
The birth certificate issue is very much on topic. Your stereotypes and anecdotes about people you call, "anti-vax" are not. We should all care about this.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The birth certificate issue is very much on topic. Your stereotypes and anecdotes about people you call, "anti-vax" are not. We should all care about this.
what we should care about is how GOOD vaccinations are

but you always look for the bad and the governmental conspiracy

you have been schooled so many times on this

fact autism is genetic and not cause by vaccinations...that is fact

Old 08-29-2014, 07:39 AM

584 posts, read 1,136,532 times
When ALL (those WITH birth certificates and those WITHOUT) of the children in the Atlanta study are included, a statistical relationship is revealed between the MMR and autism.

When the children WITHOUT birth certificates are excluded from the statistical analysis, no relationship between the MMR and autism is found. The study that is published is the partial study using the children who had birth certificates.

Why did the CDC eliminate the children WITHOUT birth certificates from the study? The CDC says in its press release they eliminated them because they needed specific info from the birth certificates, yet that specific info is NOT a part of those birth certificates.

Yes, we should all care about this!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:13 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

You're being sarcastic?

Racist?

Sexist?

Or, Government Defendist?

Should scientific data be falsified (by omission) for - "the greater good"?

"August 27, 2014 Press Release, "Statement of William W. Thompson, Ph.D., Regarding the 2004 Article Examining the Possibility of a Relationship Between MMR Vaccine and Autism"

"My name is William Thompson. I am a Senior Scientist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where I have worked since 1998."

"I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post36276232

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 08-29-2014 at 08:54 AM..

Old 08-29-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

We should care about the integrity of what is supposed to the be the authority on public health, the CDC. If they did lie and intentionally omit statistically significant information from studies for political reasons then that is not ok. It is important for them to be honest and forthcoming about information in regards to health, drugs, etc. It is extremely important.

This is much bigger then just a vaccination issue. If the CDC can be on board with this type of unethical behavior, what else have they been dishonest about?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:

Are you going to claim this is another conspiracy from the CDC?
Newsflash, katiana. If the allegations are true then it is a conspiracy by definition.
conspiracy - definition of conspiracy by The Free Dictionary

Quote:
con·spir·a·cy (kn-spîr-s)
n. pl. con·spir·a·cies 1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas.
When the scientists agreed to omit statistically significant information from the study and to avoid following proper protocol then they involved themselves in a conspiracy. I don't need to claim anything. The actions speak for themselves. The fact that you and others can deny that what occurred is problematic and defend the actions of the scientists and the CDC without even waiting to hear more about this case is mind boggling.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:12 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Newsflash, katiana. If the allegations are true then it is a conspiracy by definition.
conspiracy - definition of conspiracy by The Free Dictionary

When the scientists agreed to omit statistically significant information from the study and to avoid following proper protocol then they involved themselves in a conspiracy. I don't need to claim anything. The actions speak for themselves. The fact that you and others can deny that what occurred is problematic and defend the actions of the scientists and the CDC without even waiting to hear more about this case is mind boggling.
I agree with this clarity.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:16 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
You're being sarcastic?

Racist?

Sexist?

Or, Government Defendist?

Should scientific data be falsified (by omission) for - "the greater good"?

"August 27, 2014 Press Release, "Statement of William W. Thompson, Ph.D., Regarding the 2004 Article Examining the Possibility of a Relationship Between MMR Vaccine and Autism"

"My name is William Thompson. I am a Senior Scientist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where I have worked since 1998."

"I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed."

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post36276232
meanwhile your link is to the ANTIVAX conspiracy site 'naturalnews"

meanwhile William Thompson is a phoney

your posting a MADEUP news report..... snopes.com: Fraud at the CDC Uncovered? http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skept...ccines-autism/
The Church of Antivaccines, whose god, Mr. Andy Wakefield, should be held criminally responsible for deaths of children who never got the MMR vaccine, are so bereft of any real evidence to support their beliefs, they will either invent, misrepresent, or manipulate any story that even tenuously supports their dogma that vaccines are dangerous.

So, what is the Antivaccine movement saying? They’re pushing a story that a CDC researcher, Dr. William Thompson, has “admitted” that the CDC itself has covered up or hidden damning evidence that MMR vaccine actually causes autism. It was presented in a heavily promoted video, narrated by the aforementioned ******, Wakefield.

The producers of the video, the Autism Media Channel, have a long history of producing videos that allow Wakefield to shill his particularly vile brand of misinformation. One of the worst videos was about Alex Spourdalakis, an autistic child that was murdered by his mother and another caretaker, because they could not handle his autism. Essentially, Wakefield and his sycophants excused the murder because the poor mother and caretaker couldn’t deal with the “vaccine injuries”, and “they had no choice.” It gets worse. Wakefield, in his full narcissistic glory, takes the opportunity to ask for money from the viewers.

So the video announces that Dr. Thompson, who has published numerous articles with the CDC, all analyzing vaccine safety, is a CDC whistleblower. One of his studies, coauthored with prolific CDC researcher, Frank DeStefano, is the target of the antivaccination cult. Their study concluded that there was no difference in the rate of autism in Atlanta-area African-American children between those who were vaccinated and those who weren’t. It’s one of dozens upon dozens of studies that have shown NO link between vaccines and autism.

The center of this manufactroversy (it’s a word, one of my favorite portmanteaus) is an article by Brian Hooker, published in Translational Neurodegeneration, a journal with such a low impact factor, it doesn’t actually have one. In other words, it’s probably one of the bottom feeder journals in the world of medical journals, the place where you send your article when no one else will publish it. Hooker essentially reexamines the data from DeStefano et al., coming to a completely opposite conclusion about the data:

So who is this Brian Hooker? Dr. Hooker is an engineer with no background at all in any of the key areas of study regarding vaccines: immunology, virology, microbiology, epidemiology, public health, or anything. He’s on the faculty of Simpson University, an uncompetitive, low-ranked California based Christian university. It teaches creationism in the biology department, so being on the faculty there is a serious indictment of the quality of scientific research performed at the school. There is nothing in Dr. Hooker’s background that indicates he knows anything about vaccines, save for being a shill for the anti-vaccination group, Focus Autism.

Additionally, Hooker’s article cites studies from Mark, and his son David, Geier, infamous “researchers” who push the “vaccines cause autism” myth, and who used to push the horrific Lupron Therapy. Essentially, the Geiers believed that mercury causes autism (no, it doesn’t), that chelation removes mercury (which is incredibly dangerous), but testosterone in children binds to the mercury (no it doesn’t) so injections of Lupron, a potent drug that has specific uses in treating some types of cancer, are used to remove the testosterone. Horrifying. In fact, their Lupron therapy was so dangerous to children that several medical boards stripped them of their licenses. Neither of the Geiers, including David who has no known advanced degrees in anything and may have been practicing medicine without a license, have any experience in pediatrics, immunology, epidemiology, virology, vaccines, or anything related to vaccines. They are, at best, delusional, and at worst, a clear and present danger to the children that were under their care. They are charlatans. They violated all aspects of the physician oath of “do no harm.” It is irresponsible that any journal, even a low ranked, barely credible, barely cited journal like BioMed Research International would publish any article that had the Geiers as co-authors.

•Where is William Thompson, Ph.D.? If he’s a whistleblower, where is he? Has he spoken to the FBI or a Federal prosecutor in an investigation of the CDC? Or is Thompson some poor sap who stated things to Hooker (and maybe Wakefield) in some naive belief that they would understand what he was saying? Since all we have is hearsay from Hooker, we actually don’t know what Thompson actually said. Who knows what was taken out of context. Who knows what Thompson really believes.
•Hooker hasn’t shown anything to anyone that the original DeStefano article somehow got it all wrong. African-American children are at no more of risk from autism caused by vaccines as any other ethnic group-that is no risk.
•Let’s not forget one important scientific fact–after 15 years of looking, and looking hard in huge studies, no legitimate research has shown any link between vaccines, specifically the MMR vaccine, and autism. None. None. None. There are literally hundreds of articles, published in actually high impact factor journals, that refute, debunk, and discredit Andy Wakefield’s fraudulent claims that the MMR vaccine causes autism.
•Let me repeat myself. Vaccines do not cause autism.

oh no..debunked again

Last edited by workingclasshero; 08-29-2014 at 09:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies