Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a non Christian president
No 20 14.93%
Yes, (religion would be irrelevant) 83 61.94%
Yes (so long as he/she wasn't Muslim) 20 14.93%
Yes (so long as he/she wasn't Atheist) 2 1.49%
Other 9 6.72%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 04:48 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times

Advertisements

I can honestly say that I would never vote for a Muslim for any office in this country. I am not saying that someone has to be Christian, but I would certainly prefer, and not like the Presidents we have had over the last many decades, just Christian in talk only.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
For example, there is certainly no claim or other evidence that our current POTUS is a 'Christian' ... which is certainly not something a true 'Christian' goes out of their way to hide or deny. ---
I hear such claims being made on Christian TV, but I think it says more about those TV stations, than is does about the president. He has not hid, or denied it, but on many occasions has openly said he is Christian. Is he "Christian in name only" or a "fake Christian" or "good enough Christian"? I will let God be the judge of that, but I won't claim he has tried to hide it when I know he has not. No, I did not vote for him.

Here is one of the times he spoke about it.

What do you believe?
OBAMA:
I am a Christian. So, I have a deep faith. So I draw from the Christian faith.

Have you always been a Christian?
OBAMA:
I was raised more by my mother and my mother was Christian.

Did you actually go up for an altar call?
OBAMA:
Yes. Absolutely.
It was a daytime service, during a daytime service. And it was a powerful moment. Because, ti was powerful for me because it not only confirmed my faith, it not only gave shape to my faith, but I think, also, allowed me to connect the work I had been pursuing with my faith.

Is Jesus someone who you feel you have a regular connection with now, a personal connection with in your life?
OBAMA:
Yeah. Yes. I think some of the things I talked about earlier are addressed through, are channeled through my Christian faith and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Have you read the bible?
OBAMA:
Absolutely.
I read it not as regularly as I would like. These days I don’t have much time for reading or reflection, period.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-16-2014 at 05:26 AM..

Old 12-16-2014, 05:16 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Yes, but it's terrifying the amount that do.

Even though I don't think this forum is an accurate representation of America (I believe, naively perhaps, that there actually fewer fundie christian whacknuts in reality), it still amounts to millions of really dumb voters.
Not necessarily. That would be like saying it's terrifying that almost 25% or whatever of the nation speaks a foreign language all the time. Diversity is what keeps this nation from going too far in any one direction.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I would actively prefer a President that left his religion in church and not in the Oval Office. Managing this country is in the realm of money, politics and power and not religion.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:12 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,593,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Absolutely NOT. This will end the historic and traditional history of the United States.. No thanks!

Anyone who does not believe in peace, love and forgiveness shouldn't hold public office.
Like the ones who believed in slavery, segregation, discrimination, racism , Watergate, Vietnam and Iraq wars for example ?

Old 12-16-2014, 11:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, in a heartbeat. It would be refreshing to have a POTUS who doesn't feel the need to pander to the religion police who are gauging if he/she passes some litmus test to prove they are "Christian enough."
you really think any recent President has pandered to the evangilicals or any other religious group? Give me a break!!!! That being said, even though I do not vote based on religion, I have to admit I prefer a President that does believe in God, whether Christian or not.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
All other things being equal, I'd prefer to vote for an atheist. But of course all other things are never equal, and I would no more vote for Karl Rove or Yaron Brook than I would for Pat Robertson.
who ever suggested anyone vote for those you mention?

Old 12-16-2014, 11:22 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you really think any recent president has pandered to the evangilicals or any other religious group? Give me a break!!!! That being said, even though i do not vote based on religion, i have to admit i prefer a president that does believe in god, whether christian or not.

w........

Old 12-16-2014, 11:23 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
I won't vote for someone that is very religious.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So you're saying Jewish people don't believe in peace, love, or forgiveness?
I doubt he really meant that: my guess he meant how many of us feel, we need a Pres. that believes our country was founded on Christian values and believes our Pres should believe in a God. At least that is how I beleive he feels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies