Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:35 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
No, clearly that's not at all what I am saying. I was pointing out that the 600% rise in autism over the last twenty years (the same years the vaccine schedules went nuclear, ie; changed and increased dramatically from prior vaccine norms) cannot simply be explained away by the old red herring of "well, we have better diagnostics now and now we're just not letting little Johnny Autistic slip through the cracks anymore".
A LOT of things have changed in the last 20 years. Maybe autism is caused by having personal computers in the home! Back in the 60s and 70s no one had PCs, and I never heard of anyone having autism back then. Sounds like a definite link to me.

Or maybe sugary breakfast cereals! Kids eat a lot more of that these days. Sugary sodas too.

Or maybe it's some of the synthetic fabrics clothing is made out of these days. I'd stick to 100% cotton to be on the safe side.

Ok, sorry, I shouldn't be sarcastic, because I am trying to make a valid point. Seriously, life today is VASTLY different than it was a few decades ago:

Lack of exercise, playing video games, eating processed foods, living in air conditioned homes, using sunscreen more frequently, spending more time in day care and after-school care, children living in single-parent homes, air pollution, hormones & antibiotics in the cows and chickens we eat, pesticides on the fruits & veggies we eat. I could go on and on.

I truly don't understand why people continue to associate autism with vaccinations.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Interesting. Some apparently also suspect there is a connection between organic foods and autism.

http://weakonomics.com/wp-content/up...orrelation.jpg
Quote:
Yes, I am saying that I believe that the rise in autism dramatically over the last twenty years and the way it mirrors the rise in the vax schedules is connected. I am not sure how you missed that, but that's my opinion.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 PM

794 posts, read 819,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
A LOT of things have changed in the last 20 years. Maybe autism is caused by having personal computers in the home! Back in the 60s and 70s no one had PCs, and I never heard of anyone having autism back then. Sounds like a definite link to me.

Or maybe sugary breakfast cereals! Kids eat a lot more of that these days. Sugary sodas too.

Or maybe it's some of the synthetic fabrics clothing is made out of these days. I'd stick to 100% cotton to be on the safe side.

Ok, sorry, I shouldn't be sarcastic, because I am trying to make a valid point. Seriously, life today is VASTLY different than it was a few decades ago:

Lack of exercise, playing video games, eating processed foods, living in air conditioned homes, using sunscreen more frequently, spending more time in day care and after-school care, children living in single-parent homes, air pollution, hormones & antibiotics in the cows and chickens we eat, pesticides on the fruits & veggies we eat. I could go on and on.

I truly don't understand why people continue to associate autism with vaccinations.
Probably because there are many many parents out there who noticed the dramatic change in their child after a vaccination. Children too young to have been playing video games, surfing the net, eating crappy chicken, using sunscreen etc.

You appear to have an internet connection, why not look into what some parents have had happen to their kids after getting the schedule?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:39 PM

794 posts, read 819,366 times
All the same old "correlation" diversion arguments/attempts to ridicule rather than discuss I see. Too bad they don't work as kids getting vaccinations are generally way too young to have (fill in red herring correlation diversion here)

Old 01-30-2015, 08:40 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
I have already laid out my opinion on science/research/consensus intertwined with monied interests and business. Put another way, if I had billions of dollars I could probably get scientific consensus on anything I wanted.
Until 2014, Danish vaccines were made by a government-owned entity that turned a profit for exactly - well, no one. But it's beginning to sound you have an issue with science per se.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:42 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Correct when science is actually allowed to reach it's organic conclusion free from influence, sure.

Not so correct when science and research are funded by the same interests that want to sell you a product they have billions already invested in.
Ah, they're all lying. OK, then.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:44 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
The point is that people can spot correlations where none actually exists.
Quote:
All the same old "correlation" diversion arguments/attempts to ridicule rather than discuss I see. Too bad they don't work as kids getting vaccinations are generally way too young to have (fill in red herring correlation diversion here)

Old 01-30-2015, 08:44 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Tough call.

I guess for the biggies, polio, measles, etc.....I would say best to vaccinate.

Flu shots and similar, hum, IDK.

I will admit that I am pretty careful in public......get creeped out when someone starts coughing and/or sneezing in my vicinity.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:45 PM

458 posts, read 617,700 times
Quote:
Correlations can lead to causation, but much research and experimentation is usually necessary to verify cause and effect. Self reported stories on an internet blog and a couple of graphs in Excel don't count. I am curious, what exactly in the polio vaccine causes autism?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ah, they're all lying. OK, then.
Hey, go along, get a long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.