Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 08:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,450,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
To the contrary, I believe Baltimore residents for the most part have proven themselves good people in this.

I would have no problems living in or investing in Baltimore. It's hardly fallen, your hope that it has notwithstanding.

If they can fix the rot in the police dept and hold the cops to the same standard they hold everyone else to, I think some good can come out of this.
Tell that to McCormick's

Quote:
(Another local company McCormick & Sons — which makes the iconic Old Bay seasoning — chose Tuesday to announce the site of its new headquarters in nearby Hunt Valley, Md. after the spice and seasonings company previously threatened to move its operations, and its 2,100 employees, out of state.)
Baltimore Unrest Affects Businesses, MLB and NFL Teams

Old 04-29-2015, 08:37 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,017,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is why liberalism has to be eradicated from America. This culture of anti-Americanism will bring us all down if we don't stop it.

Whole Foods forced to remove pictures of them feeding the National Guard in Baltimore due to liberal backlash.

Whole Foods Under Fire for... Making Sandwiches for National Guard?!
I must say I wasn't shocked neither

Old 04-29-2015, 08:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,450,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There was an article up on CNN last night, I should have linked it.

It referenced Republicans not giving funding to fight inner city poverty.

I'm all for diversion and after school programs but that is the responsibility of local government imo.
On Morning Joe this morning they've already started begging the Feds for more money. These people are like broken records.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:41 AM

15,656 posts, read 10,428,470 times
Kudos to the Baltimore leaders and citizens, along with help of the national guard and police, for keeping the peace last night. The turn around was very impressive.

19,573 posts, read 8,544,925 times
As the protectors of the black community and the routine beneficiary of 90%+ of black votes, what are the "solutions" that the Democratic party is currently promoting to fix this mess, other than maintaining the status quo by spending more money in the same ways that have clearly failed over the last 50 years?

I will suggest to you that the Democrats are not even currently proposing any concrete "solutions" to this mess. Just more of the same, the continuation of the status quo.

1,632 posts, read 1,853,012 times
And Hillary was fast to jump on the Band Wagon on CNN today ' that women has to go

Old 04-29-2015, 08:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,010,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
Any person on hard drugs will commit a felony crime just to keep up the drug habit anyway and will be desperate. So only violent crimes should be felonies? Everyone make choices so if you chose to do a hard drug then you can live with the consequences. Making hard drugs legal doesn't solve anything
I guess I'm a bit more compassionate, and not that authoritarian in terms of what people choose to put in their bodies. And furthermore, there is no proof that every person on hard drugs will commit felony crimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How's you drill it into a kid's head that their choices have lifelong consequences? This certainly is not limited to black ghetto kids.

The only countries that have made a serious dent in drug trafficking are those states that impose the harshest penalties.

Trust me... I educate my kid as to the dangers of hard drugs! We also watch the show Intervention, and we encourage our son to watch with us. Now I'm not much on reality tv at all, but I do like that show! It pretty much shows flat out the destructive nature of hard drugs! He is 12, so he is going to start becoming well aware of what is out there, and so far based on what he has seen from the addicts featured on that show, he wants no part of it! Hell, he gets on my a** about smoking cigarettes!

And to both of you... actions have consequences. However; not everything is black and white, and there are things in life that do indeed deserve second chances! Oh, and middle-aged mom, there are countries like Singapore that impose the death penalty for possession! Do you support such Draconian measures?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,010,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You consider the distribution of illegal narcotics, minor?

Of course I do! Though I'm not talking about distribution to minors! I'm talking about ADULTS!

Old 04-29-2015, 08:59 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,288,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

And to both of you... actions have consequences. However; not everything is black and white, and there are things in life that do indeed deserve second chances! Oh, and middle-aged mom, there are countries like Singapore that impose the death penalty for possession! Do you support such Draconian measures?

NOOOO!, Singapore has the death penalty for drug trafficking not for pot possession.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:00 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,017,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I guess I'm a bit more compassionate, and not that authoritarian in terms of what people choose to put in their bodies. And furthermore, there is no proof that every person on hard drugs will commit felony crimes!
Putting such hard drugs in your body doesn't affect just you, it will affect others. There is plenty proof of people on hard drugs committing a felony just to keep the habit. It sound like you haven't had any experience of people on hard drugs. Ever met a crack head that will do anything just to get a fix or the paranoid meth head that will commit robbery or attack someone because they hear voices? If you live in an area that has these issue you will come across such people on a daily bases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies