Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 11:18 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,307,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Calling me a racists is slander. Telling the truth isn't racism, it's reality. Your over use of the race card gives it little value now. That'st not my fault.
I don't think I called you "racists" (it should have been singular, 'racist' but I get the point. BUT...if the shoe fits wear it.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Why do blacks get to own a word because of their skin color? How much black does it take to be allowed to use it? Can someone that's 1% black use it freely?
You can use the 'word' all you want. You might not win friends and influence people but you certainly can use it.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
Obama is clearly hell bent on pushing this new racial agenda..next up will be successfully convincing people that blacks deserve reperations from whites..he will guilt whites into this just like he has with trayvon, mike brown, freddie gray, confed flag, etc. it will not stop...since he only has 1 year left expect a lot more of this
Gosh...I must have missed the speech where he suggested reparations, I'd love to read about it though could you post a source for that?

Old 06-23-2015, 11:45 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
He's such an ignorant toolbag. Why does anyone even pay attention to the words that come out of his mouth anyways?
With a comment like that I'd be surprised to see if anyone cares what comes out of your mouth. How old are you anyway?

Old 06-24-2015, 12:01 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
First time I ever heard a President get bleeped.
I don't think it's a big deal; he was "referring"
to the word, not actually "using" it.

Since Obama is not a "brother" can he use it as a brother might or does it sound a bit bigoted coming out of his mouth?

Old 06-24-2015, 12:07 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,984,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Why do blacks get to own a word because of their skin color? How much black does it take to be allowed to use it? Can someone that's 1% black use it freely?
They don't "own" the word. There are a lot of respectable black people in this country who refrain from using it and don't take kindly to fellow blacks who also use it. Just because it's popular in the black youth and inner city culture doesn't make it ok throughout the entire black community.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:10 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,166,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Jesus, he's part black. He's allowed to use the N-word.
He's also half white, so he's also not allowed to use the N word. Are there any more double-standards you'd like to endorse and perpetuate?

It's a shame that when the President of United States of America uses a racial slur, people rush to defend him rather than criticize him for conducting himself in a manner unbecoming the office to which he was elected.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:20 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,166,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What really ticks me off is that political correctness has found its way to commerce. That any merchandise not be sold from stores because of political opinion is wrong
The solution to that is to stop trading with companies who pull this BS.

Remember back when stores made a big deal about the fact that they had stopped selling AR15 rifles? They have quietly begun selling them again. The same cycle is underway with items featuring the Confederate battle flag, and will happen again in the future with the next item that becomes popular to publicly hate.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:50 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Blacks use that word so often that they make it seem as if its an acceptable word to use.

Absolutely correct ! If blacks want that word to disappear, then they need to stop saying it so often themselves. I have heard even small black children calling each other that name, and you know they learned it at home.

As for Obama saying it, he is right. He was making point and he has never been afraid to speak the truth, regardless of how it might shock some. Besides, what are people going to do ? Fire him ???

I still like the guy..........he doesn't mince words.

Don

Old 06-24-2015, 05:12 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Absolutely correct ! If blacks want that word to disappear, then they need to stop saying it so often themselves. I have heard even small black children calling each other that name, and you know they learned it at home.

There are blacks where I work who say this out loud when taking to another black person. What's sad is that the whites laugh in spite of how stupid it really is. Just it's not just blacks it's those white people who seem to cheer them on. And to make matters worse IF you say anything about it then YOUR the racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies