Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 08:58 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,970,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Obama was on a podcast called WTF, for crying out loud. Who'd expect anything different?
He's a classless dirtbag, isnt he?

Old 06-23-2015, 09:08 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
What kind of man - who is in the position of president - leads the people in this manner?

He knows the controversy with this word - yet he chooses to stir the pot. What does this say about the man Obama?

Deplorable stuff...

Old 06-23-2015, 09:39 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What kind of man - who is in the position of president - leads the people in this manner?

He knows the controversy with this word - yet he chooses to stir the pot. What does this say about the man Obama?

Deplorable stuff...
What does it say about him? It says he's smarter than a bunch of people who took the bait and couldn't help but try to make a big deal out of this. The irony of watching racists out themselves so that they can no longer try to hide behind racial dog whistles is delicious.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Talking You were saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
You lefties need a new "insult". You all sound like the same broken record. Accusing, stereotyping, and falsifying. Such class.
Speaking of class...

Referring to the president:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS
He's a classless dirtbag, isnt he?
Carry on.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:32 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Anytime someone says that a person of great standing uses the n-word, it's "to make a point". I somewhat disagree. That word really should be gone, I think. It's horrible, a terrible time in American history that continues to this day.

Or do y'all think it really did make the point the President was trying to make?
The "point" he made was that as Certifiably Politically Correct -- he's allowed to use it.

But anyone who is not Certifiably Politically Correct would, regardless of context, immediately have been hauled off to face the Inquisition.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:33 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,610,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You're right I don't want to have a 'conversation' with you, if I want to read crap like that I can go to stormfront forums, at least they don't deny their racism. But have no fear, there are others here who agree with you and some of them even have 3 or 4 'alter egos' so they can spend hours congratulating themselves and each other on their profoundly brilliant comments
Yea, he was on a podcast called What the Fuuk but you have an issue with stormfront forums! Convincing.

Not.

If you can't come back to me with contrary statistics about the black demographic just stay off my ass.

Calling me a racists is slander. Telling the truth isn't racism, it's reality. Your over use of the race card gives it little value now. That'st not my fault.

Asking why black people can't over come their struggles in America, lower their crime and treat women better isn't putting them down. Asians aren't superior because of their skin color, they simply take advantage of opportunity. I'm Asian, I wonder why they don't do the same. Now I am a racists. See, that's why there is no conversation. It's not open to discussion so blacks need to stop saying it is. If we can't talk about it without slanderous accusations then what's your solution? No flag? Great, I'll patiently wait to see the results. Hows that?

I bet if Obama posed the question it would be a great thing, not because the question is different because he is black.

I said nothing he isn't saying.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDxgJq4toYo

He's one of the good role models. Smart enough to know what will actually make the biggest difference.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:02 AM

613 posts, read 463,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yea, he was on a podcast called What the Fuuk but you have an issue with stormfront forums! Convincing.

Not.

If you can't come back to me with contrary statistics about the black demographic just stay off my ass.

Calling me a racists is slander. Telling the truth isn't racism, it's reality. Your over use of the race card gives it little value now. That'st not my fault.

Asking why black people can't over come their struggles in America, lower their crime and treat women better isn't putting them down. Asians aren't superior because of their skin color, they simply take advantage of opportunity. I'm Asian, I wonder why they don't do the same. Now I am a racists. See, that's why there is no conversation. It's not open to discussion so blacks need to stop saying it is. If we can't talk about it without slanderous accusations then what's your solution? No flag? Great, I'll patiently wait to see the results. Hows that?

I bet if Obama posed the question it would be a great thing, not because the question is different because he is black.

I said nothing he isn't saying.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDxgJq4toYo

He's one of the good role models. Smart enough to know what will actually make the biggest difference.
This post is so effing annoying.

All Black people can do is make sure they're doing their part to be productive citizens. If people want to judge the entire black race based on stereotypes, then that's their ignorance/stupidity. Every time a white person goes on a killing rampage, you never see people here blaming the entire race for it, talking about how whites need to uplift their communities.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:10 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,109,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
But its ok for him to use the word, or say whatever he likes, for that matter, because after all he is still the Rock Star Idol occupying the white house.

His fans and followers will still fawn all over him anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
The President doesn't need to use the N word to make a point. (Maybe lesser mortals like you or I might need to punctuate a point now and then but not the POTUS)

If he were really interested in making change he would call in his Attorney General, Sec of Education whomever and say something like This has got to stop. I want this changed. You provide me a coordinated recommendation by Wednesday to implement my guidance to you. Good day Ladies/Gentlemen

It is called the Exercise of Power.

He has it. He should use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'd agree, generally. My problem, however, is that the media takes a double standard when dealing with these issues. I'd hardly expect the media to have the same response (i.e. not attacking Obama as a general matter) if Mitt Romney or another white Republican used the same word in the exact same context. That is racism in itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
If George Bush would have used it in the same "context" would it be accepted too?
The running theme here seems to be certain folks are upset because they cannot publicly use the word "n*gger" like the "good, old days".

If that's the case, then I say, too bad, so sad, leave your ignorance, fear, and hatred on the trash heap of history and embrace the new dichotomy.

Have a blessed day.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:07 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,358,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
He's right.
He was absolutely right.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:18 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,599,218 times
I have no issues with him using, I just wish it hadn't done it on wheel of fortune. I mean, I understand that the clue was "People who annoy you," but he should have taken the time to buy another vowel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies