Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 01:46 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Might as well include the American flag as well.
People don't fly the US flag as a symbol of white supremacy.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:49 PM

491 posts, read 324,733 times
The CSA was a sick concept and the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism, hatred and ignorance. It should be banned and the black folks are JUSTIFIED in getting angry over it. The nation must leave all vestiges of its racist past in the annals of history.

What happened in SC was terrorism. By any academic definition it was terrorism, by any moral definition it was terrorism. The Confederate Flag is a hate symbol as bad as a swastika and MUST be banned.

I will march with my black brothers and sisters if need be on this issue.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:50 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The confederate flag is not currently any nation's flag. But it is currently being deployed by racist hate groups and mass murderers like Dylann Roof. If you want to fly that flag in your front yard, then go for it. But do we really want our state capitols proudly displaying what has increasingly become identified as a banner of racist hate?

I don't. Do you? Really?
That is the thing, its not a "banner of racist hate" you can't decide what other peoples beliefs are when they fly a flag... flags are flown for many different reasons.

These people its safe to say they are flying their flag for radical reasons, but i don't think everyone who flys an American flag is at all affiliated with the KKK.

Most people fly flags to show pride and they fly them for decoration.

Spoiler

Old 06-24-2015, 01:54 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
That is the thing, its not a "banner of racist hate" you can't decide what other peoples beliefs are when they fly a flag... flags are flown for many different reasons.

These people its safe to say they are flying their flag for radical reasons, but i don't think everyone who flys an American flag is at all affiliated with the KKK.

Most people fly flags to show pride and they fly them for decoration.
You appear to have evaded my question. Here it is again:

But do we really want our state capitols proudly displaying what has increasingly become identified as a banner of racist hate?

I don't. Do you? Really?

Old 06-24-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleiron1968 View Post
The CSA was a sick concept and the Confederate flag is a symbol of racism, hatred and ignorance. It should be banned and the black folks are JUSTIFIED in getting angry over it. The nation must leave all vestiges of its racist past in the annals of history.

What happened in SC was terrorism. By any academic definition it was terrorism, by any moral definition it was terrorism. The Confederate Flag is a hate symbol as bad as a swastika and MUST be banned.

I will march with my black brothers and sisters if need be on this issue.
Everyone goes on about how sensitive people are now days and how people get offended over everything and it used to bother me... but come to think of it, it shows how far we as a society have come. before in this exact country we had REAL race riots, forced segregation, more widespread racist terrorist groups, Americans protested about being forced to go to a separate school because of their skin color...

Today we just go on the internet and whine about flags. lol

Old 06-24-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You appear to have evaded my question. Here it is again:

But do we really want our state capitols proudly displaying what has increasingly become identified as a banner of racist hate?

I don't. Do you? Really?
Sure i don't care, a piece of fabric doesn't harm me.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:57 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Sure i don't care, a piece of fabric doesn't harm me.
So, what does that mean? That you are fine with the state legislatures deciding to take this banner down?

Old 06-24-2015, 01:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Don't or didn't?

People don't fly the Confederate flag as a symbol of white supremacy either.

Old 06-24-2015, 02:02 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

O RLY?

https://www.google.com/search?q=klan...iw=375&bih=647

Old 06-24-2015, 02:03 PM

991 posts, read 629,240 times
Shocked

A liberal takes a stand that I would never have believed ...

Webb defends use of Confederate flag

Quote:
Former Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.), a possible 2016 presidential candidate, said on Wednesday that Americans should rethink rushing to ban displays of the Confederate flag at state Capitols.

“The Confederate Battle Flag has wrongly been used for racist and other purposes in recent decades,” Webb said. “It should not be used in any way as a political symbol that divides us.
Webb defends use of Confederate flag | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies