Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 06:10 PM

998 posts, read 665,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
Dbones,

Why don't you try to tell me what Trump meant then, humor me.

I heard him say he and the country does not have time for political correctness, then he went on with more comments that many consider incredibly insensitive and insulting that over-shadowed the Fox debate and turned it into a Trump Megyn Kelly reality TV escapade.
Trump doesn't have a right to defend himself against a malicious line of questioning by Megyn Kelly? I understand that a man who is strong willed and has deep convictions is intimidating to liberals, given that we've spent the last 7 years with a commander-in-chief who has gone on a world tour on his hands and knees apologizing to every world leader.

Obama is not very bright and the whole world is laughing at how incompetent he and many of our leaders are.

Quote:
We're talking about a contender for POTUS here, not someone who gets paid to be outrageous.
Yet the left had no problem electing a man with essentially no experience, other than serving as a "community organizer". I would say that 90% of Obama's waking hours are comprised of whining and pouting about his political opponents. He really has an awful personality and I don't think he has any friends. Think about it: he even puts his own VP to sleep with his speeches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUo51iE7lf4

Nobody wants to spend any time around him, because all he does is complain. He's what some people would call a "debbie downer".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 11:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
CEO's don't have a say in how much their employees get paid. The shareholders do. If the shareholders want X amount in return the CEO MUST find ways to get them that or THEY are replaced. Focus your anger on Globalism since it's multinational corps with shareholders from other nations that don't care one bit about the workers that are to blame. Those oil rich Arabs in Dubai and such are big culprits of this. They have ZERO loyalty to the American worker since everything is global now, they will just replace you with someone cheaper. That's just the way globalism works.
I understand the argument you are trying to make here, but your wrong and you even said so in the bold. The Shareholders wanting more money doesnt stop the CEO from paying his employees more.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I posted the transcript. Go back through the thread and read my post. Search for Barney in this thread to get to it quickly. Or better yet, here's a link to that post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/40821816-post45.html
Your link talks about intensives to lend, not government mandated goes which is what you claimed in your post.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
So what? You said an income gap is "irrelevant and inconsequential."
I said the gap as you were using it, is irrelevant to the argument you were making and it is.

You also asked for an answer to your question and I gave you one. If you didnt care for an answer, then why ask ?

Old 08-15-2015, 01:40 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
The reasons is because anyone who can claim that Fox News is the most balanced outlet for political news is seriously deluded.

Anyone who thinks they know what balanced really is would be nuts.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:55 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your link talks about intensives to lend, not government mandated goes which is what you claimed in your post.
Here is the HUD mandate Barney Frank was talking about:

http://www.huduser.org/publications/pdf/gse.pdf

Even Barney Frank finally understood that forcing over 50% of the loans Fannie & Freddie (the largest source of mortgage funding in the U.S.) bought be from banks' and originators' loans to high-risk borrowers was what precipitated the crisis.

Barney's own words:
Quote:
Asked about the government's affordable housing goals compelling Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac before the crisis to devote more than half their portfolios to riskier nonprime mortgages for low-income borrowers, Frank blurted out: "No more goals, no more telling the private sector" how to invest in the housing market.

"Barney," Liesman asked, "are you suggesting that the goals of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the concept of promoting homeownership, was something that contributed to the crisis?

"Yes, it was, very much so"
http://64.70.12.11/Events/Barney-Fra...s/10737441405/

Old 08-15-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I said the gap as you were using it, is irrelevant to the argument you were making and it is.
You're admitting that you don't believe wage gaps are relevant.

That's GREAT news! Now you can stop whining about increasing minimum wage (we don't even need one at all if a wage gap is irrelevant) and CEO salaries.

No wonder you vote Dem. The highest wage gaps, which you think are irrelevant, are in blue states.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:15 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
So... why are people complaining about income inequality if the income gap is "irrelevant and inconsequential?"

Are you claiming it's NOT a problem that the income gap is widest in blue states?
Similar to BlacLivesMatter. When a Dem (Obama) is running up the biggest income equality in the nation's history, the income gap is irrelevant and inconsequential. If a Republican (Bush) ran up an ever so slight increase in the income gap, it's the only thing that matters.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Similar to BlackLivesMatter. When a Dem (Obama) is running up the biggest income inequality in the nation's history, the income gap is irrelevant and inconsequential. If a Republican (Bush) ran up an ever so slight increase in the income gap, it's the only thing that matters.
Gruber sure knew the Dem voter base... stupid.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:56 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Gruber sure knew the Dem voter base... stupid.
Yes but I don't know if more stupid or more hypocritical...tough and close race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies