Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 11:31 AM

1,431 posts, read 913,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Mmm, no. Just pointing out that muslims don't have an exclusive franchise on saying crazy offensive sh*t.
So that makes it all better then.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:07 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What reforms did Christianity go through? Are you referring to the fact that after violently resisting for centuries it finally had to concede defeat to the humanist culture that arose in the 14th century? I find it laughable that some Christians are now trying to take credit for the liberal culture it fought against. America is NOT a Christian nation. If fundamentalist Christians had their way, America would look a lot like Saudi Arabia -- sure, they'd pray to a different imaginary being, but sexual repression, repression of speech and thought and all the rest would be there. No thank you. I oppose Islam extremism for the same reason I oppose Christian extremism. I defend Islamic moderate for the same reason I defend Christian moderates. Freedom, reason and tolerance -- those are my values.
Sorry, but Christianity is the source of most/if not all "liberal" policies we have in the western world. Free medicine - The church. Free education - The Church. Looking out for the poor - the church. Social programs - the church. Now, maybe not in the dark ages. Yes, there was a lot of bad the church has done, but they have done good as well. Also, the "fundamentalists" you talk about founded the US of A. Some may have been deist, some were Quakers, some where Shakers and some were Episcopalian/Anglican and Lutherans - but they would all have been considered religious wackos nowadays. Islam has also had a golden age, but it just isn't right now. They are going thru their own dark ages and - just like both internal and external forces applied pressure to the church to change - Islam too, will eventually change.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:12 PM

52 posts, read 57,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Like the US has no religious nuts? Pat Roberts and Jerry Falwell claimed 9/11 was caused by god because people are gay.
Dumb analogy.

Whether Falwell said that or not, it is not even close to what the Imam said about women deserving to be raped in terms of craziness level. Falwell just says stupid things but he isn't advocating violence or rape or harm to anyone.

This muslim cleric on the other hand is directly advocating and condoning the rape of women for not being covered up from head to tie, or simply for wearing perfume! One says something dumb about 9/11 being God's punishment, the other is sanctioning violent crimes against women. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
So that makes it all better then.
In your mind maybe. Frankly I'm more concerned about what religious nutbags elected to public office in this country will do, than I am about comments made by some heretofore-unknown muslim in a foreign country.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:34 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
In your mind maybe. Frankly I'm more concerned about what religious nutbags elected to public office in this country will do, than I am about comments made by some heretofore-unknown muslim in a foreign country.
You're the one who tried to justify it with that initial comment. None of this is ok with me.

And if you can't see why people in the US are concerned about this...well then, I can't help you there.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:35 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
You're the one who tried to justify it
Again, in your mind maybe.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:47 PM

590 posts, read 555,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
wear few clothes (presumably not a burkha), wear perfume, stuff is going to happen:

Cologne Imam: 'Half-Naked' Women 'Wearing Perfume' Were Responsible for Rape, Sexual Assault - The Gateway Pundit

Lesson: Islam is incompatible with western civilization.
Quoted from the title in the link:
Quote:
Cologne Imam: ‘Half-Naked’ Women ‘Wearing Perfume’ Were Responsible for Rape, Sexual Assault
Is that why Muslim women cover their face and their entire body, to discourage Muslim men from sexually assaulting them?

Another reason to keep those people and their own culture of perversion, sharia and everything else, in their own countries and not bring them here.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:48 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Jews hate Christ.

Fundamentalist Christians use Christ.

Muslims behead Christ.

All three are authoritarian-collectivist(s), with the contained individual of each acting as coward in contempt (craven).
Good point but what does your last sentence mean?
Quote:
All three are authoritarian-collectivist(s), with the contained individual of each acting as coward in contempt (craven).

Old 01-21-2016, 04:17 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Good point but what does your last sentence mean?
There are two kinds of contemptible cowards.

One is he who is contemptuous of those who spy his cowardice.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:20 PM

17,594 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
wear few clothes (presumably not a burkha), wear perfume, stuff is going to happen:

Cologne Imam: 'Half-Naked' Women 'Wearing Perfume' Were Responsible for Rape, Sexual Assault - The Gateway Pundit

Lesson: Islam is incompatible with western civilization.
This is the lowest of the low!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies