Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2016, 06:28 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
That is a fair question, given the current, post literate state of society. In college, while my room mates were playing quarters, I read it right after I read Schopenhauer. I am one of those kinds of people.....So do not expect me to babble about something I don't know with some detail. Miscalculations are an incurable affliction of humanity. Ignorance is not.
You should probably start reciting some verses. Usually that is better proof than a story about quarters and Schopenhauer.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:05 AM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
You should probably start reciting some verses. Usually that is better proof than a story about quarters and Schopenhauer.
He has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

I hate Islam. I am proud to hate Islam because it is dirty, foul, primitive religion begun by a child molester that, uniquely amongst the world's "great religions," urges open ended violence. And it absolutely condones rape....after murdering the husband of course.

And forbidden to you are wedded wives of other people except those who have fallen in your hands (as prisoners of war) . . . (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 319). (See also Suras 4:3 and 33:50).

and again...

Successful indeed are the believers, who are humble in their prayers and who keep aloof from what is vain and who are givers of poor-rate and who guard their private parts, except before their mates or those whom their right hands possess, for they surely are not blamable.

Qur'an 23:1-6

and, confirmation from Hadith:

[SIZE=3]Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): O Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3371

...and marital rape

The Quran in Sura (Chapter) 2:223 says: Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like . . . .

A good passage on raping young girls:

O Prophet, when you divorce women, divorce them when they have reached their period. Count the period, and fear God your Lord. Do not expel them from their houses, nor let them go forth, except when they commit a flagrant indecency. Those are God's bounds; whosoever trespasses the bounds of God has done wrong to himself. Thou knowest not, perchance after that God will bring something new to pass… As for your women who have despaired of further menstruating, if you are in doubt, their period shall be three months; and those who have not menstruated as yet. And those who are with child, their term is when they bring forth their burden. Whoso fears God, God will appoint for him, of His command, easiness. S. 65:1, 4 Arberry

Muhammad was a murderer, rapist, thief and child molester who had sex with Aisha with she was nine years old, and anyone who follows him is mentally ill.

These sorts of unambiguous passages make Muslims my enemies, not by my choice, but by their own:

Quran (8:12)“I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”

Quran (9:29)“Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”

Have a good day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not who you were talking to, but I am guessing you haven't read it.

When Obama says that ISIS is twisting the Koran he is not being accurate. ISIS is reading the Koran literally.

Slave-girls as sexual objects in the Quran

New York Times on Sex Slavery in Islam: “the Quran not only gave [ISIS] the right to rape

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/wo...rape.html?_r=0

ISIS cites Quran to justify child rape
I am sorry, but ISIS is reading the Koran literally.

You are naive or lying if you can't admit that: #1 literal Islamic teachings do condone rape in some situations, #2 that much of the Muslim world puts up impediments for rape victims that tacitly condones rape (ie needing 4 male witnesses to the rape to prove rape), and #3 the Muslim world in general does not place the same value on women as the West.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:09 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,306 times
Quote:
He has.

I am sorry, but ISIS is reading the Koran literally.

You are naive or lying if you can't admit that: #1 literal Islamic teachings do condone rape in some situations, #2 that much of the Muslim world puts up impediments for rape victims that tacitly condones rape (ie needing 4 male witnesses to the rape to prove rape), and #3 the Muslim world in general does not place the same value on women as the West.
My mistake.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:31 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
You are probably sincere in your argument.

However, you fail to comprehend something that is very vital.

Reading the Koran literally, rape can be justified. Most Islamic cultures on earth put up a structure of law that enables rape - i.e. needing 4 male witnesses to prove a rape, punishing a married woman for infidelity when she is raped.

There are passages in the Old Testament that if read and implemented literally today in the West would be seen as barbaric. The fact is that the West has evolved as a culture a lot more over the past 1,000 years or so. Much of the Islamic world has not evolved as a culture as much.

I can find links with Christians disavowing the literal factual interpretations of the Old Testament too...that doesn't mean that at one time Jews and Christians didn't read it literally, before the cultural evolution. Many Muslims do in fact read the Koran with a more literal spin...your links don't.

In reality, the Koran justifies rape for ISIS with a literal reading.

It hasn't just evolved into a secular culture. Unless Christianity is intentionally twisted , the Old Law is obsolete. Its the New Testament and it supersedes the old. Judaism and Islam are very much tied to the civil authority. Christianity specifically teaches to submit to the civil authority, hence why it is the most compatible with secularism of the Abraham religions. Thus a secular and Christian society is double insulated. A non secular Muslim society is a live wire. Can't people see what is going on? What the books say doesn't matter? That what is happening can be easily source form them doesn't matter?

Also what sort of political body is forming to oppose the current hegemony? Feminists, gays, liberals and Islamic Conservatives are going to join together? Well, then this isn't going to be a smooth coup like Persians taking the empire from Media.. Once their common enemy is gone it will be an alliance of mortal enemies. This will make the polyglot of Bolsheviks and the NKVD look like a smooth process.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:44 AM

It forbidden to rape Muslims.

Same crap about "not killing the innocent". If you say the wrong thing , you are not innocent. If I say something bad about Muhammad, its death. It a lying snake in the grass ideology.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:48 AM

There is only one authority on Islam. That would be Muhammad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5fVgM0gLQ

Old 01-23-2016, 09:50 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Not who you were talking to, but I am guessing you haven't read it.

When Obama says that ISIS is twisting the Koran he is not being accurate. ISIS is reading the Koran literally.

Slave-girls as sexual objects in the Quran

New York Times on Sex Slavery in Islam: “the Quran not only gave [ISIS] the right to rape

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/wo...rape.html?_r=0

ISIS cites Quran to justify child rape
I think you all are missing the point I'm trying to make.

It's easy to Google 'good things in the Koran' or 'bad things in the Koran' and find credible information. That doesn't mean you're well informed. The sources used have a stated bias. I guess to their credit, at least they're transparent.

But this does not mean you understand Islam by reading these blogs.

Can reading these blogs help you understand why two Islamic countries, Jordan and Saudi Arabia, have such radically different views? Both are Islamic. But by our standards, only one would constitute as radical (and we're allies with them, which those blogs also can't explain; but it's oil). Why is that?

Old 01-23-2016, 02:00 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
You can't be that ******* stupid.. You think thats every single muslim?????????? Its as if you're doing the ******* brainwashing. Don't be even more sadder than you already are.
You're angry because you are losing the argument. Islam contradicts itself, the later passages supercede the earlier ones.

Rape, Pedophilia AND SLAVERY is condoned, throwing gays off buildings and burning people alive is condoned.

LYING to protect islam and further it is promoted and admired Taqiyya: Deception and Lying in Islam maybe that's what you are engaging in???

No one said "every" single muslim so stop with this nonsense.

BTW enough muslims are in agreement with their inhumane practices and most the rest look away and lie , deflect and make excuses for it like you insist on doing.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:09 PM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I think you all are missing the point I'm trying to make.

It's easy to Google 'good things in the Koran' or 'bad things in the Koran' and find credible information. That doesn't mean you're well informed. The sources used have a stated bias. I guess to their credit, at least they're transparent.

But this does not mean you understand Islam by reading these blogs.

Can reading these blogs help you understand why two Islamic countries, Jordan and Saudi Arabia, have such radically different views? Both are Islamic. But by our standards, only one would constitute as radical (and we're allies with them, which those blogs also can't explain; but it's oil). Why is that?
You are missing the facts.

#1 ISIS is reading the Koran literally, they are not twisting words in their holy book.

#2 Reading the Koran literally justifies rape in various circumstances.

#3 Muslim societies, generally speaking, value women far less than the West.

#4 Muslim societies, generally speaking, set up impediments to hurt rape victimes - needing 4 male witnesses to prove rape, a raped woman getting charged with infidelity, etc...

Old 01-23-2016, 02:26 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxiXGr9nFM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies