Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 07:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Dubai if you must know.

Oh. Lol. I thought you spent time in the real middle east. Not watered down westernized full-of-expats disney world middle east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 07:55 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh. Lol. I thought you spent time in the real middle east. Not watered down westernized full-of-expats disney world middle east.
He should have joined me on my last assignment in Saudi, they are very welcoming to the Jews there (unlike the horrible Christians). Maybe get hired by the bin Laden Construction Company (who I worked with).

Old 10-30-2015, 07:58 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What bigoted remark...I made no bigoted remark and didn't attack you personally as you are doing telling me to stick it where the sun don't shine? I just was advising you to follow the natural progression of leaving what you claim is unsafe ground of Christendom to go to the safe territory of ISIS ville and tell us how safe the Muslims are compared to the horrible Christians you deal with (by the way, the Jew bashers you mentioned, how do you know they are Christians because Christians I know don't do that?). Too bad the Christians in the ME are making Israel feel unsafe forcing the Muslims to protect them.

I don't watch US media at all. I live in Peru and watch primarily BBC. I don't have blinders on, I've worked all over the world including multiple ME countries as well as Asia, Europe, S. America, N. America and haven't spend appreciable time in the USA in over a decade....so no blinders.
Thanks for advising me, but it was unnecessary. I don't tourist other countries. I work and live among the people off the tourist paths. I'm fluent in numerous languages and dialects.

So do you consider all of South America dangerous due to the large amount of drug cartels or are you realistic about the cartels and know that they are a minority and not representative of the entire region?

Old 10-30-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He should have joined me on my last assignment in Saudi, they are very welcoming to the Jews there (unlike the horrible Christians). Maybe get hired by the bin Laden Construction Company (who I worked with).
I was in Saudi Arabia last year thanks to my contract in UAE who also got me papers to visit Mecca. The al-Masjid al-Haram mosque that surrounds kaaba is pretty miraculous.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Maybe you should take a internet visual tour of the Middle East as most of it is barren desert. The more populated areas are to the north (parts of the north are the unsafe areas) and to the west (Beirut is still nice). I have an office in Dubai because it pays much better than my contracts in DC.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Thanks for advising me, but it was unnecessary. I don't tourist other countries. I work and live among the people off the tourist paths. I'm fluent in numerous languages and dialects.

So do you consider all of South America dangerous due to the large amount of drug cartels or are you realistic about the cartels and know that they are a minority and not representative of the entire region?
You never answered how you knew the claimed 'Jew bashers' were Christians when all I hear from Jews in Europe is the Muslims making them feel unsafe? Also why you feel the Christians are making Israel feel unsafe and the Muslims are making them feel safer? Or why you don't tourist other areas of the Middle East when most of the ME is safer than Europe according to you?

Where I work in Peru is relatively safe and much safer than many areas of the Middle East that I worked in. I've worked in several countries in the ME and I don't really consider Dubai representative of the ME, though I wish it were.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
I was in Saudi Arabia last year thanks to my contract in UAE who also got me papers to visit Mecca. The al-Masjid al-Haram mosque that surrounds kaaba is pretty miraculous.
You should have participated in the Hajj, I hear it went over real well this year.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Is there a real USA somewhere in North America or is just NYC that represents the entire country?

Old 10-30-2015, 09:40 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:
Is there a real USA somewhere in North America or is just NYC that represents the entire country?

Spending time in NYC actually does not represent the entire country. How you are accepted and perceived as, say, a gay person, or a minority, in New York City is not going to be all that instructive as to how you will be treated in the 99% of the country that isn't NYC.

Again, you might as well be a tourist visiting Disney World and then go back home to whatever country and say "everyone was so nice!"

Old 10-30-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Again, you might as well be a tourist visiting Disney World and then go back home to whatever country and say "everyone was so nice!"
Nah. I don't care much for Orlando or in your case the I-95 (or A1A) corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies