Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 04:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You need to read unbiased history. Islam was in it's infancy when it entered Europe around 700 AD and also took Jerusalem around the same time period. The First Crusade waited 400 years to make a bloody path to Jerusalem killing everyone who didn't think the way they did. The Muslims learned brutality pretty well from the Catholics and the response was multiple times worse to make a statement that they are not to be messed with. The current Extremists are using that method of response as a statement. The current secular/moderate Muslims for the most part follow the current European model which is pretty weak IMPOV.

As a Middle Eastern Jew, I trust Muslims more than I trust Christians. I feel safer in most of the Middle East than I feel when I'm in Europe.
The history I read is accurate.

Muslims came out of the Arabian Peninsula and invaded North Africa, Byzantium, Spain, parts of Italy and Greece, and went as far east as India in a series of bloody conquests. They even tried to take France but were stopped by Charlemagne. That all started in about 700 AD, and the first crusade did not happen until hundreds of years later.

Muslims continued to threaten Europe for almost 1,000 years, finally being turned back at the gates of Vienna.

You seriously need to educate yourself.

I find it quite unbelievable that you are a Middle Eastern Jew.

Then again, maybe you're like our liberals in the United States -- who ignore facts and reality in favor of a narrative that makes them feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Are you being honest, you would put yourself under the control of ISIS rather than under Merkel (I don't know if she's Christian but she is European)....honestly how you feel??????? If yes, please enjoy a nice vacation in Ramadi and report back how safe you felt....might want to bring your wife and daughter as well so that they can also feel safe in the welcoming arms of ISIS.

By the way, you are living in a society that is predominantly Christian, why don't you leave considering how unsafe you feel and move to some of those Muslim ME countries that would welcome you with open arms and make you feel safer than those horrible Christians who are making you feel unsafe.
Exactly.

What a laughable post.

I expected better from him.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I spend over six months a year in the Middle East (six weeks in Israel and a week in Jordan) and have never had a issue.
Six weeks is not six months.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:13 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Six weeks is not six months.
Six weeks in addition to the six months in Arab countries.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:15 AM

Quote:

I find it quite unbelievable that you are a Middle Eastern Jew.

Then again, maybe you're like our liberals in the United States -- who ignore facts and reality in favor of a narrative that makes them feel better.
Nope, Right wing conservative.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Nope, Right wing conservative.
There is nothing conservative about your posts -- bashing Christians and Europe, praising Islamic countries, whitewashing 1,300 years of Islamic Jihad, and claiming that Jews should feel safer around Muslims than Christians.

You can fool some people, but not me.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Six weeks in addition to the six months in Arab countries.
You said six months in your post, but then only told us where you were for six weeks.

So Israel for five weeks and Jordan for one week.

Now how about the other 20 weeks, give or take?

I think you mentioned Dubai.

Israel, Jordan and Dubai -- not exactly typical of Muslim areas that are hostile to westerners....

Old 10-31-2015, 06:05 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Exactly.

What a laughable post.

I expected better from him.
His interpretations and statements seem completely ill thought and emotional and when I asked questions about how or why he thought something, he wasn't able to answer...it's an emotional expression that doesn't seem to be grounded in reality. He also got personal and told me to 'stick it where the sun don't shine' so he realized his argument was woefully too weak and went personal. If in fact he is what he claims to be (Jew), then he just hates Christians like the Muslims often do and no amount of logic will sway an illogical emotional feeling like that.

This nation founded on Christian principles and majority Christian has welcomed Jews, protected them from Muslim trying to wipe them off the face of the earth, allowed Jews to prosper like no one ever has before...and all he does is try to attack those that have allowed this to occur instead of the Muslims who are in fact seeking to wipe Jews off the face of the earth. Like Michael Savage says, Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
His interpretations and statements seem completely ill thought and emotional and when I asked questions about how or why he thought something, he wasn't able to answer...it's an emotional expression that doesn't seem to be grounded in reality. He also got personal and told me to 'stick it where the sun don't shine' so he realized his argument was woefully too weak and went personal. If in fact he is what he claims to be (Jew), then he just hates Christians like the Muslims often do and no amount of logic will sway an illogical emotional feeling like that.
Well said!

Old 10-31-2015, 06:35 AM

Quote:
You said six months in your post, but then only told us where you were for six weeks.

So Israel for five weeks and Jordan for one week.

Now how about the other 20 weeks, give or take?

I think you mentioned Dubai.

Israel, Jordan and Dubai -- not exactly typical of Muslim areas that are hostile to westerners....
You're too fixated on the amount of six months being an exact amount. Some years it is more and some years it could be less. I'm not a Military contractor. I'm an Engineering contractor with a lean towards (hardware & Software) Computers and Robotics . I maintain a office in Dubai as a base of operations and a home. I can't do the same with Israel due to denial of flights from that country and other misc issues, but I do maintain a home there also. My time in Israel is two separate visits which are the weeks around Yom Kippur and the weeks around Passover (I am not a citizen nor do I have a passport for Israel). Now do I go to every country in the Middle East? No. The countries I currently have contracts in are Turkey, Cyprus, Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait, UAE and Saudi Arabia. In addition I do have contracts in India. Since I don't bid on contracts in Syria, Iraq, Yemen and the other few small countries I have no reason to go there. Before the Arab Spring I did go to North Africa, but now that's more unsafe overall than the Middle East. So I no longer bid on contracts there. Amman in Jordan is my main hub to get around the Middle East. So there are stops over days plus there are Hot Springs to the south of Amman near the Dead Sea where pretty much it's locals and I spend around a week there for some R&R. Now why do I work in the Middle East instead of the US? Simple: The Money and overall I get more free time than I ever did working in the US. When I'm in the US I telecommute. Is that enough background info for you to get back onto the topic of this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies