Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 02:22 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Let's not forget that much of that goes to line the pockets of law makers while we're at it. If you think the system is built on 100% honest I'm sorry. Doctor's are making some serious money.

The ones that are making serious money are the dentist! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-so-darn-rich/ Just pay my dental bills!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 03:23 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The ones that are making serious money are the dentist! https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-so-darn-rich/ Just pay my dental bills!

I would say doctor's, lawyers, & of course dentist make some serious money. Not to mention specialty doctor's. Sport medicine, etc.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:26 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
I would say doctor's, lawyers, & of course dentist make some serious money. Not to mention specialty doctor's. Sport medicine, etc.

Don't say that; I have to go to one on Friday for my knee! Perhaps I am just too old and they will have to shoot me and put me down - at least I would save a few bucks!

Old 05-11-2016, 04:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
That picture was taken in 1962. I don't think it counts now besides we know that you can't give a newborn vaccines.
?? Small pox doesn't count?

Old 05-11-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Because sweetie if you step away from the big pharma point of view and try to see this from OUR SIDE,you will see how bad they CAN BE to the natural development of the immune system!!

We are trying to help you suzy

The 1918 flu epidemic killed those who had the healthiest immune systems. The virus invaded the immune cells to attack the host (person). Thus, those with the most developed immune system, became the most ill and often died.

Quote:
Most influenza outbreaks disproportionately kill juvenile, elderly, or already weakened patients; in contrast, the 1918 pandemic predominantly killed previously healthy young adults. Modern research, using virus taken from the bodies of frozen victims, has concluded that the virus kills through a cytokine storm (overreaction of the body's immune system). The strong immune reactions of young adults ravaged the body, whereas the weaker immune systems of children and middle-aged adults resulted in fewer deaths among those groups.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

Old 05-11-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
People don't want to listen they don't care about what is being pumped into their bodies anymore. If a Dr. says it's good for them or they need it, then why question it? They are taking the easy way out. There is much more information put out by doctors & big pharma how good said medicine is for you.
It's like asking a politician why you should vote for them you know they are going to tell you the truth.
And of course tell you what you want to hear & how ONLY they can decide what's good for you.

And they will never understand that the real reason behind all this is money.
I do care what is pumped into my body. I don't want the germs propagated and spread by unvaccinated people!

Old 05-11-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Because sweetie if you step away from the big pharma point of view and try to see this from OUR SIDE,you will see how bad they CAN BE to the natural development of the immune system!!

We are trying to help you suzy
One could say you are of the big funeral home point of view.

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/20....JPG/asset.jpg

A memorial stone at Maple Grove Cemetery, Queens, New York, dedicated to those who died in a 1918 flu pandemic. More than 300 victims are buried nearby in a mass grave. (Photo by Robert McDonald)

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-11-2016 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: hotlinking

Old 05-11-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I do care what is pumped into my body. I don't want the germs propagated and spread by unvaccinated people!

I know you've heard this before but other's don't choose to get the vaccinations then why do you care? According to some of you here we'll die without it you should be happy to share the world with people who don't try to get you to see outside the box.

I'm sure those that push this B.S on you will be laughing all the way to the back & thank you for conforming.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:48 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Unfortunately, you are advocating confirmed medical data showing an absolute positive effect of vaccinations (since the 1930s) relative to negative effects. This was published in NEJM and was a landmark article.

Those who are opposed to objective science will tend to be those who:

1. oppose vaccinations
2. support holistic medicine
3. oppose the theory of evolution
4. oppose the big bang theory
5. oppose the theory of relativity and special relativity
6. support AGW
7. believe in conspiracy theories
8. believe that fluoridation of water is terrible
9. believe in aliens
10. believe in ghosts

The anti-science crowd, ironically, will often cloak themselves in the veils of "objective science" and truely believe that thier unsubstantiated beliefs are supported by objective "science". These beliefs, of course, reveal thier lack of knowledge of objective science. I slept in a graveyard for a night after my old man beat the hell out of me when I was nine years old. That was a tremendous step in understanding a separation of an emotional belief in ghosts and an objective understanding that dead people cannot hurt you. That is probably one of the main factors in my life that led me to a career in science- an awakening.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Support holistic medicine

Being that this is a debate about getting vaccinated, where exactly do you think that modern medicine came from?

Medicinal plants have been identified and used throughout human history. Plants make many chemical compounds that are for biological functions, including defence against insects, fungi and herbivorous mammals. At least 12,000 such compounds have been isolated so far; a number estimated to be less than 10% of the total. Chemical compounds in plants mediate their effect on the human body through processes identical to those already well understood for the chemical compounds in conventional drugs; thus herbal medicines do not differ greatly from conventional drugs in terms of how they work.

This enables herbal medicines to have beneficial pharmacology, but also gives them the same potential as conventional pharmaceutical drugs to cause harmful side effects.Moreover plant material comes with a variety of compounds which may have undesired effects, though these can be reduced by processing.
The use of plants as medicines pre-dates written human history. Ethnobotany, the study of traditional human uses of plants, is recognized as an effective way to discover future medicines. In 2001, researchers identified 122 compounds used in modern medicine which were derived from traditional plant sources; 80% of these have had a traditional use identical or related to the current use of the active elements of the plant.

Some of the pharmaceuticals currently available to physicians are derived from plants that have a long history of use as herbal remedies, including aspirin, digoxin, quinine, and opium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicinal_plants

Here is your science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies