Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 05:20 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Why can't they just have a separate booth for transgender people to change in. Or for the students who don't want to change in front of anybody regardless of sex. Not every one is comfortable with it. When I was little i know I wasn't.
That was the solution the IL school district offered. Both the MTF trans with a penis and the Obama Admin REJECTED that solution. They INSISTED the MTF trans with a penis be given unrestricted access to and use of the girls' restroom/locker/shower room facilities.

That's why 51 families are suing the Obama Admin over this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 05:36 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,313,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Sexual predators don't care about what is(n't) legal in the first place though. That's the point.

And that isn't the right analogy. Things like gender identity and sexual orientation are a fixed, innate trait, whereas poverty is externally-defined and a variable state.

Now, I do think that transgendered individuals should be able to have their gender officially amended on their driver's licences and IDs/passports easily and at no additional cost, one time. Then there'd be a lot less perceived grey area.
This has never, ever, been proven, scientifically or otherwise, which is where the whole crux of the argument lies. It is an easy crutch to use when one knows that one's behavior is outside the norm and wants it validated instead of trying to change it, but it has never, ever, been proven. What would you say to someone who said that being a thief or being a pedophile is a "fixed, innate trait" and had no science or anything else to back it up? Would you just blindly accept it and turn them loose on your possessions or your children because it's who they are and they were born that way, or would you realize that without proof they are simply trying to validate and excuse unacceptable behavior?

This is the issue that the majority of our society has with all of this, there is zero proof that it is inborn and not a result of environmental or mental factors. No one that I know hates gays or transgenders, or anyone else. The true haters are those who are intolerant of people with traditional values that have always been the foundations of our society until the past several decades. We are supposed to live and let live, yet we are not allowed to live as we choose without being called haters, bigots, etc. All of the tolerance is supposed to be on the part of one side only, even though, AGAIN, no one has ever proven in any way that being gay or trans is an innate trait.

If you are trans, realize that you are the exception instead of the norm and act accordingly. If I thought I was a cat and I was one of less than 1% of the population who thought they were cats, I would not expect restaurants to start serving people out of pet bowls to accommodate me. Talk about thinking that someone is a precious little snowflake who needs to be shielded from reality...

Old 05-15-2016, 06:35 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,229 times
I am starting to somewhat sympathize with the Islamists. They at least tried to bring down the nation that generates most of this sick crap, before it spreads to the rest of humanity.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
"never, ever been proven"? You mean other than having been around in humans since they started walking on 2 legs, right?

Old 05-15-2016, 06:42 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
All of society should change based on a part of 1 percentage point and by the Tyrants Edict?
Yes, we are losing something.
How exactly has "all of society" changed?

Besides a good percentage turning into paranoid nutbags over nothing?

Old 05-15-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Can't report a 6'4" male exposing his penis to your 6 year old daughter anymore if that person "claims" to be "transgender."
Sure you can.

Just bc you are in a restroom doesn't mean you go around flaunting your junk.

I think you people have a very weird idea of what goes on in restrooms. Everyone is usually very very private.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Girls/women can't report threatening actions by sexual predators present in their multiple occupancy restrooms/changing/locker/shower rooms now because all the sexual predator has to do is "claim" to be "transgender" and they're allowed to be there to continue to harass girls/women.

That's the point.
Another silly post.
If you're harassing me, you could be another woman and I could turn you in. There's no rule against turning people in who are behaving inappropriately.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:50 AM

Fascinating, though...
Its ok for a lesbian to be in there supposedly showering and changing with other women, but the second a dude does it, it's dangerous and threatening.

Y'all don't think much of men.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:02 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Another silly post.
Not silly, at all.

THIS is what schools' and other facilities' multiple occupancy locker/shower rooms look like (below). Explain to us why "self-identified" "transgender" persons with penises and testicles should be allowed to change (e.g., into and out of swimsuits) and shower with MINOR girls and women (at school, park districts, state parks, gyms, etc...), and vice versa:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 3264$sx1840$s.This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 3264$sx1840$s.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:39 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,381 times
It's not the transgenders that are the problem. It's the freaks who will now use the opportunity to go into bathrooms and do what they have always wanted to do--stalk young boys or girls--and now have free license to do it. So it really has nothing at all to do with what you post below. It's a safety issue that is already proving to be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm really not worried about it. What are you so worried about?

I think it would be better for you to teach your kids that there are people out there who differ from them in many respects and that they shouldn't discriminate against others for things like race, creed, and orientation.

You lose nothing by letting them live your lives with dignity while you do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies