Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 10:06 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How many times have you used a gun to defend yourself?
Once. Guy tried breaking into my house as I was bathing my child (probably about 2 years old). Or should I have gone hand-to-hand with him while holding my kid? Maybe just cower to the side while he took whatever he wanted? Good thing a 9mm pointed at the door he was trying to open made him change his mind. He had a good racket too, dressed as a guy that looked like he was doing the electric or gas lines. I just don't think they needed to come into my home at 9pm unannounced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 10:16 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Once. Guy tried breaking into my house as I was bathing my child (probably about 2 years old). Or should I have gone hand-to-hand with him while holding my kid? Maybe just cower to the side while he took whatever he wanted? Good thing a 9mm pointed at the door he was trying to open made him change his mind. He had a good racket too, dressed as a guy that looked like he was doing the electric or gas lines. I just don't think they needed to come into my home at 9pm unannounced.
But you didn't actually use a gun. It was a prop to scare him.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:44 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,800 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me. This has nothing to do with Mexico. Doctors in the US prescribed opiates like they were candy. People got hooked. When they couldn't get prescriptions anymore they turned to heroin. Heroin is cheap. The problem is when people go to rehap to get clean. If they relapse after being clean for a month or so they can't use the same amount to get high. But many do and that's why they overdose
I said that very thing like 5 posts back... Like word for word. Scary. Lol

Old 06-18-2016, 10:47 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I said that very thing like 5 posts back... Like word for word. Scary. Lol
Oh sorry, I didn't read your post. Great minds think alike lol

Old 06-18-2016, 10:51 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN?

Because it is one of the advantages of BEING AMERICAN.
. . . .
"Besides the ADVANTAGE OF BEING ARMED, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, THE [EUROPEAN] GOVERNMENTS ARE AFRAID TO TRUST THE PEOPLE WITH ARMS."
- - - James Madison, Federalist Papers #46, January 29, 1788.
The Federalist #46
. . .
● An Armed Populace Fears No Government.
● A Disarmed Populace Fears All Government.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:12 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,617 times
Why do we ban many types of explosives?

Those are also "arms," are they not? I thought the 2nd Amendment protected the right to bear "arms"?

I mean, criminals will still get explosives, so why deny the rest of us the bombs and missiles we need to protect ourselves?

If criminals want explosives, they will get them.

Period.

That is what I always hear. CRIMINALS WILL ALWAYS GET THEM!

It's weird, I rarely see mass murderers in the United States using illegal explosives to kill people. They usually use weapons that they bought legally.

There are only two reasons for this: either illegal explosives aren't effective for killing a large number of people, or they just couldn't get the illegal explosives as easily as I have been told, so it was just easier to LEGALLY buy a rifle and high-capacity magazines.

Hmmm...I wonder which one it was.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:17 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Banning certain classes of arms or reclassifying them like machine guns will certainly slow them down a bit, however. And prosecution for all involved in an illegal arms sale.

Six shot maximum capacity and no carry concealed or open would put a serious dent in the ability of someone to shoot a hundred people.

lol!

machine guns are already highly regulated and you need to have a tax stamp for each one. plus the fact that the cheap automatic firearms go for $6000. a real M-16 would cost in excess of $12000. I have seen M2 machine guns go for $30,000+. how many do you know of that have that much money to throw around?
also, that does not count the price of the ammunition that you have to supply for such weapons.

as far as your saying that no ccw or open carry, ask this yourself truthfully.

do you really think that anyone bent on committing murder or mass murder or criminals that are already forbidden to even have a firearm will care 1 bit about what the law says about carrying a firearm?

Old 06-19-2016, 03:53 AM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
But you didn't actually use a gun. It was a prop to scare him.
Well, he "used it as a prop to scare him," so in fact he did use it.
In fact, it appears that it saved his ass.
Many defensive uses of a gun doesn't result in a shot fired.
(Although they don't make it into the statistics.)

Old 06-19-2016, 09:51 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
The only beneficiaries of an unarmed populace are the PREDATORS.
So, if you are an advocate of disarmament, you're either a PREDATOR or an accomplice.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No it wouldn't, but even if it did they would just use something else. I'm sure liberals feel so much better when people are blown up or burned alive than if they're shot.

Seems as if you have surrendered to the terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies