Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 07:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The Colorado movie shooter had his apartment rigged with homemade explosives.
They said it could have brought down the building. He could have killed more people without
going to the theater. Fortunately, he told the cops about the bombs and they disarmed them.
my point exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 09:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so get it through your thick head, it isnt the gun that is the problem. it is the hate in the human heart that is the problem here, a gun is just a tool.
Yea, it's a heart full of hate that is responsible for all these dead bodies. The easy access to guns is really no big deal.

Speaking of thick heads….

Old 06-29-2016, 11:50 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yea, it's a heart full of hate that is responsible for all these dead bodies. The easy access to guns is really no big deal.

Speaking of thick heads….
i dont need gun to kill a lot of people, as i have noted many times. the easy way is to buy some fertilizer, diesel fuel, and some kind of detonator. load these components in a large van or truck, and set it off. remember timothy mcveigh and oklahoma 1995?

add a chemical, biological, or nuclear waste component, and you can kill even more people over time.

as i have noted many times, a gun is just a tool. you want to kill a lot of people it can be an efficient tool. a large bomb however is more efficient.

oh and by the way, if for some reason the necessary components are not readily available, i can just pop down to the local college bookstore and pick up a chemistry book, and with a little study i can find components to create a bomb that will kill many more people than what the orlando shooter killed, and also create a lot of physical damage as well.

now try getting that through YOUR thick head.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:16 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
*The title of this thread: If only Obama had of taken her guns..

(First of all, it's "have" not "of"...cannot even take OP seriously if he can't spell properly or use correct grammar.
Second of all, the entire sentence structure shows just how useless our so called education system is any more. People can't even form a proper sentence. Yes, it is important no matter how many times people cry that it's not important. This is a first impression that people have of the OP and their thread: The title.)

*Several discussions on this forum by liberals claiming that they aren't actually trying to take our guns.

*The title of this thread.

You're not taking our guns, liberals, get used to it, and get over it.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
*The title of this thread: If only Obama had of taken her guns..

(First of all, it's "have" not "of"...cannot even take OP seriously if he can't spell properly or use correct grammar.
LMAO….you are unintentionally funny. Keep it up.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
i dont need gun to kill a lot of people, as i have noted many times. the easy way is to buy some fertilizer, diesel fuel, and some kind of detonator. load these components in a large van or truck, and set it off. remember timothy mcveigh and oklahoma 1995?

add a chemical, biological, or nuclear waste component, and you can kill even more people over time.

as i have noted many times, a gun is just a tool. you want to kill a lot of people it can be an efficient tool. a large bomb however is more efficient.

oh and by the way, if for some reason the necessary components are not readily available, i can just pop down to the local college bookstore and pick up a chemistry book, and with a little study i can find components to create a bomb that will kill many more people than what the orlando shooter killed, and also create a lot of physical damage as well.

now try getting that through YOUR thick head.

You are making my point for me, but don't understand why. It's possible you would understand if I explained it to you, so I'll give you a short answer:

The scenario you presented would take a lot of work, it's not an easy scenario to follow through on. Buying an AR-15 off the shelf is not at all as hard, and the real issue here is access. If access is continued to be so easy that any deranged lunatic can purchase an armload of semi automatic rifles with little or no background checks or training required, this ease of access provides someone who is mentally unbalanced ease of access to commit mass murder.

This is the entire argument. At least from me. No one is trying to take your guns from you.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:01 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You're not taking our guns, liberals, get used to it, and get over it.
As long as there is life, there is hope. I doubt that slaves ever thought that one day slavery would become illegal. Two hundred years is a very long time. Guns have been a serious issue for maybe 1/4 that time. But every day good people, not just gang thugs, decent people, people The Republic will miss, these tax paying Americans get cut down in the prime of their GDP contributing years, and at some point in the future, enough people are going to get fed up enough with all the waste of human potential, to do something substantive about it. Count on that.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The Colorado movie shooter had his apartment rigged with homemade explosives.
They said it could have brought down the building. He could have killed more people without
going to the theater. Fortunately, he told the cops about the bombs and they disarmed them.
He could have killed more people by detonating the bomb in his apartment or by lugging them to the theater and asking movie patrons to remain seated while he got everything ready to send them over the rainbow. But that's not what he did. He got guns and shot people. The San Bernadino shooters did not use bombs which have been the default modus operandi of Jihadi terrorists since ever. Terrosists now use assault rifles just like American nutjobs. So for your point to actually be a point and not just you need to explain why we should worry about death from bombs or poison gas or Bowie knife or Anthrax spores when the majority of tragic fatal incidents in this country are caused by guns? How long would it take after guns are removed as a means of effective terrorism would it take before bombs become an issue? I don't know. And neither do you. We can cross that bridge when we come to it! Salmonella, E. coli, and Lysteria can all make people very ill or kill them. Aren't you glad that food suppliers are tasked with controlling all three, and do not give Salmonella a pass because it is endangered or something?

Old 06-30-2016, 09:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You are making my point for me, but don't understand why. It's possible you would understand if I explained it to you, so I'll give you a short answer:

The scenario you presented would take a lot of work, it's not an easy scenario to follow through on. Buying an AR-15 off the shelf is not at all as hard, and the real issue here is access. If access is continued to be so easy that any deranged lunatic can purchase an armload of semi automatic rifles with little or no background checks or training required, this ease of access provides someone who is mentally unbalanced ease of access to commit mass murder.

This is the entire argument. At least from me. No one is trying to take your guns from you.
How hard do you think it would be for a man with a knife to take over a school bus from the old woman driving it?

How hard is it to rent a commercial cutter and remove a five foot section of railway track?

How hard is it to drive a car 50 mph down a busy downtown sidewalk?

How hard is it to carry a five gallon gas can to a nursing home?

How many pool stores sell buckets of chlorine and acid?

It's really not that hard to kill a bunch of people without a gun.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
so get it through your thick head, it isnt the gun that is the problem. it is the hate in the human heart that is the problem here, a gun is just a tool.
It's a good thing I have a thick skin. You are correct, of course, the gun is just a tool. A tool manufactured to kill people. The hate is in yourheart that you feel that you need to kill people who only intended to ruin your day. The vast majority of people killed by guns did not have one themselves!!!! Gun owners do not have much interest in shooting at people that can shoot back!!! Guns are the problem. Hate is intrinsic to the human spirit. There is no getting away from hate. But we were not born with guns in our bodies. Guns can go away, or be restricted. Hate cannot. So... I'll continue to disagree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies