Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 06:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When I need my gun, the last thing I want to do is be digging for batteries.
Batteries in smoke detectors need to be replaced. Fire extinguishers expire and need to be replaced. Cars need oil changes on schedule. But replacing a battery in a smart gun one every ten years is too much for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 06:33 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You have never really needed a gun in your entire life...
I hope I'll never need it, just as I hope my life insurance policy is never cashed out.

I also know that guns have kept many law abiding citizens from being victimized. I know that at the gas station I go to all the time, if a woman who went there last year didn't have a gun, the man who jumped in her car with the knife could have done anything to her. Instead of evevtually picking up her kid from daycare, she may have been robbed, raped and then killed.

Additionally, the odds that my gun will ever be used to unjustly harm another person are exceptionally remote.

If you don't want a gun, don't get one, but just as I don't have the right to censor your speech, you don't have the right to disarm me.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Batteries in smoke detectors need to be replaced. Fire extinguishers expire and need to be replaced. Cars need oil changes on schedule. But replacing a battery in a smart gun one every ten years is too much for you?
Once every ten years, are you sure about that?

Old 06-27-2016, 06:39 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Because she couldn't possibly have killed them without a gun.
I know, right. If only government would take away ALL guns from us, then no one would be murdered because only the police and government would be armed and we would all be totally safe from each other.

Baaa Baaaa Baaaa

Old 06-27-2016, 06:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Once every ten years, are you sure about that?
Technology has advanced. Pacemaker batteries last 10 years and smart gun batteries could as well.

Quote:
Many smart firearms safety devices currently in development boast a battery life of two years, five years, or even ten years. All designs have integrated notification systems like beeps or indicator lights to notify the gun owner that the battery should be checked or replaced.
https://smarttechfoundation.org/faq/

Old 06-27-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
The GOP wants to pass a bill that would require no warrant to track our every movement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-court-order/

Your guns will cost you more LIBERTY in the long run to keep them. Any LIBERTY the 2nd amendment supposedly allows you to fight for, you gun nuts remain silent. Where was the gun wielding vigilante to stop the vote on this bill? What liberties do your ""well organized militias, with guns," get you when you sit back and allow all other constitutional rights to be chipped away at?
Really? So not a single democrat voted for that bill? I am disgusted by any member of congress that would vote to remove our freedom of privacy, but the republicans are not alone in their power grab.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Have you read the Old Testament of the bible?
Yup, have you read the New Testament?

Old 06-27-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
[/b]

Or a movie theater, or an elementary school or High School, or a club, or a military training base, or a university, or a shopping mall etc. Most likely they would not venture into a poor inner city hood plagued by violence but the alerts cover this too.
Hmmm, and what ONE thing to all the locations you listed have in common?

Say it together class - GUN FREE ZONES

That's right, those crimes occurred in locations where criminals KNEW they could not be thwarted by law abiding citizens who were armed to protect themselves and others.

But back to blaming those guns!

Old 06-27-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
You can go to a gun range (like I do) to shoot a gun without having to own any. They have every firearm you can imagine available for rent, including fully automatic machine guns depending on the range.

Unless you are planning to massacre a herd of deer or buffalo, you don't need an assault rifle for hunting or skeet shooting.

Funny, I always thought it was called the Bill of RIGHTS not the Bill of Needs.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Generally the rate of fire and magazine-fed would be an assault rifle. It fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. The gunman in Orlando used a Sig Sauer military style assault rifle to gun down over a hundred people within a matter of minutes, and that was just a semi-auto. Even a semi-auto assault rifle can put out a devastating rate of fire. Dropping huge numbers of people effortlessly and efficiently in a very short span of time is what an assault rifle is designed to do, and that is exactly what it did in Orlando.

So does my 9 mm hand gun, my .22 hand gun and my shotgun. Are they all assault rifles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies