Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 07:46 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
If it is illegal, a judge will overturn it, until then it still falls in states rights. If he doesn't like it, then he can always move to a state that better reflects his opinion on guns.

And women who don't like the abortion laws in their state can always move to another state to have one......see how that works?

The way states rights work is they are free to pass laws as long as they don't contradict the Constitution at the federal level.

A state can't make slavery legal because slavery is illegal on the federal level and unconstitutional.

California may be just skimming off of violating the 2nd amendment because it has not banned firearms entirely, but that doesn't mean that it's not their long term goal. What California is doing right now is what Liberals accuse states of doing with voter ID laws........making the regulations and restrictions on exercising a Constitutional right so complicated and burdensome that it pretty much has the effect of not allowing that right to be exercised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 07:51 AM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
im indifferent on guns for the most part.

i dont get hard by squeezing a trigger like many on the right do.

at the same time im not scared of guns like many on the left are.

my opinion is the majority, simple as that.

the simple solution is to not let anyone buy a gun until they pass the 3 day clearance. right now you can get a gun, even if the clearance is still pending.

that's how that white dylann roof was able to get that gun which he used to kill those church members, and is what they are being sued over now.

a future solution is nano technology. your biometrics control whether you can pull the trigger or not. if the gun is not registered to you, it wont fire. that will be the future maybe 20-30 years from now.
Always with the left.....way to go, I've never heard anyone but the left talk about sex and guns.....

Old 07-02-2016, 10:09 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,069,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
A Democrat and a "progressive Leftist" are NOT the same thing.
I suspect there are few real Democrats left.

Agree. Yesterday's democrats are today's republicans.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Always with the left.....way to go, I've never heard anyone but the left talk about sex and guns.....
That's because to the extreme righties they're one and the same.

Just funn'n with ya chuck.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:33 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Obviously liberals are compensating for some shortcoming and feelings of inferiority. It's common among people who feel sexually inadequate to constantly try and paint others that way.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:50 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
This is the thing, these new laws are worthless. There is another run on ammo the likes we've never seen as everyone has 6 months to hoard.
No ARs are taken off the streets. There is already a work around for the mag lock. This won't remove ONE SINGLE weapon from CA.

I reload so the stupid ammo card means diddly squat.

Is anyone stupid enough to think these laws will prevent the next mass shooting? Has there ever been a shooting with a 10 round bullet buttoned weapon? Hell no.

Keep trying dems, keep trying. This has been, at most, an annoyance.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:52 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
An unarmed populace so that their government goons can impose their personal will upon others without any resistance whatsoever...

More specifically, as is always the case, "liberals" want to impose their will upon everyone else through initiations of force and aggression upon everyone else. Their ONLY purpose, for any stance, policy, or position, is to immorally impose their will upon others through force. (just like the conservatives)

Old 07-02-2016, 11:24 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
No, that is not what I am saying. Not sure what you are reading but it isn't my post. Slavery is illegal at the FEDERAL LEVEL.

My argument is that gun laws should be done at the FEDERAL LEVEL.

Currently gun laws are done at the state level, unlike the law that makes slavery illegal. If YOU support states rights, then you support California deciding what is right for California.

I will say it again, there are states out there that fit your idea of gun laws, you could always move to one of those states rather than live in a state that doesn't reflect your opinions on guns.
Gun laws are done at the federal level, have been since 1934

Old 07-02-2016, 11:25 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
I disagree with that opinion. If something is illegal or unconstitutional, it will be struck down by a judge, even in California.

Personally I have zero interest of ever living in California. I don't know why the OP bothers to stay there.
You are ignoring the decades of legal rulings upholding I conditional action throughout this nations history.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:34 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I just want to give everyone a view of the goal of anti gun democrats. You can see the true goals this group by the laws and regulations they pass in the states they control; like in California.

The following laws were just signed by the democrat governor and passed by a democrat controlled state congress on top of the already most strict gun laws in the nation. This is a yearly endeavor taken by democrats in California, next year another half dozen gun control measures will be passed.

SB880 and AB113
Bans the purchase of all semi automatic rifles with one evil feature, such as a pistol grip or a flash hider. Everyone who owns said guns will have to register them or move them out of state and will never be able to sell them to someone in the state, pass them down to their children.

Starting next year no one in the state will be able to purchase the most popular rifle in America.

AB1511
Makes it a crime to let someone borrow a gun for more than 3 days.

So now if I let my brother take a gun hunting for a week long trip I am now a criminal.

SB 1235
Makes it illegal to purchase ammo from the Internet or out of state or from non licensed ammo vendors in the state. All ammo purchases must be done through state approved vendors and a background check must be completed each time you need to buy ammo.

So now I have to get screwed paying way more than market rate. If you own a gun that shoots a harder to find caliber you now will not be able to buy ammo and your gun is worthless.

Senate Bill 1446
Requires the confiscation of all magazines that are over 10 rounds. So now the government will be confiscating private property. Magazines over ten rounds have been illegal to purchase for over 15 years in this state, I gues that ban just hasn't been enough.

The above is what "common sense" regulations really mean to anti gun democrats. I post this as a warning to those in purple states and blue states that value your civil rights. The goal of democrats isn't to pass "common sense" measures; it is to make gun ownership and use as difficult as possible for the plebs in society so that we no longer have the desire to own a single gun.

You need to thank your fellow Californians for electing those fine politicians.

How do those laws stand a constitutional challenge? Oh, 4 out of 8 supreme court of justices have already argued that we the people do not have the right to keep and bear arms. Really appreciate it, liberals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies