Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 12:14 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,969,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You need to thank your fellow Californians for electing those fine politicians.

How do those laws stand a constitutional challenge? Oh, 4 out of 8 supreme court of justices have already argued that we the people do not have the right to keep and bear arms. Really appreciate it, liberals!
Article II, section 12 of the Montana State constitution gives Montana citizens the absolute right to keep and bear arms "...in defense of his own home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned..."
Article I says Montana has the right to dissolve the Compact with the United States.

My son moved from CA to NV to get away from the CA laws and taxes.
Now, I have no need to ever return to CA.
Thanks, kid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 12:24 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Article II, section 12 of the Montana State constitution gives Montana citizens the absolute right to keep and bear arms "...in defense of his own home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned..."
Article I says Montana has the right to dissolve the Compact with the United States.

My son moved from CA to NV to get away from the CA laws and taxes.
Now, I have no need to ever return to CA.
Thanks, kid!
Please name the last time that liberals gave a crap about our constitution.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:55 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And women who don't like the abortion laws in their state can always move to another state to have one......see how that works?

The way states rights work is they are free to pass laws as long as they don't contradict the Constitution at the federal level.

A state can't make slavery legal because slavery is illegal on the federal level and unconstitutional.

California may be just skimming off of violating the 2nd amendment because it has not banned firearms entirely, but that doesn't mean that it's not their long term goal. What California is doing right now is what Liberals accuse states of doing with voter ID laws........making the regulations and restrictions on exercising a Constitutional right so complicated and burdensome that it pretty much has the effect of not allowing that right to be exercised.
False, abortion has been addressed at the federal level, gun laws should also be done at the federal level....see how that works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Gun laws are done at the federal level, have been since 1934
And yet we still have gun laws in each state. So until that changes, don't like it, don't live in California.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:59 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
False, abortion has been addressed at the federal level, gun laws should also be done at the federal level....see how that works?
States have passed numerous laws re abortion at the state level.

Gun laws have been done at the federal level. So based on your argument California is in the wrong for passing such laws since the federal government has already passed laws regulating guns.

Your argument is terrible, you are basically saying states can only make laws in areas where the federal government has not made any laws, while you ignore the fact the federal government has passed laws re firearms.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:04 PM

27,127 posts, read 15,305,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
A Democrat and a "progressive Leftist" are NOT the same thing.
I suspect there are few real Democrats left.

If there are any left you don't hear them speaking up.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:08 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,804 times
Quote:
States have passed numerous laws re abortion at the state level.

Gun laws have been done at the federal level. So based on your argument California is in the wrong for passing such laws since the federal government has already passed laws regulating guns.

Your argument is terrible, you are basically saying states can only make laws in areas where the federal government has not made any laws, while you ignore the fact the federal government has passed laws re firearms.
And each state has seen restrictive abortion laws shot down because they go against federal laws. See how that works?

The federal government has been leaving gun laws up to the states to decide, that is why we have 50 different sets of laws in regards to guns. We just need one set that applies to all states. I would imagine someone like you would support that....but then again, some people want to argue for the state of arguing.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:13 PM

23,536 posts, read 17,214,216 times
Quote:
I just want to give everyone a view of the goal of anti gun democrats. You can see the true goals this group by the laws and regulations they pass in the states they control; like in California.

The following laws were just signed by the democrat governor and passed by a democrat controlled state congress on top of the already most strict gun laws in the nation. This is a yearly endeavor taken by democrats in California, next year another half dozen gun control measures will be passed.

SB880 and AB113
Bans the purchase of all semi automatic rifles with one evil feature, such as a pistol grip or a flash hider. Everyone who owns said guns will have to register them or move them out of state and will never be able to sell them to someone in the state, pass them down to their children.

Starting next year no one in the state will be able to purchase the most popular rifle in America.

AB1511
Makes it a crime to let someone borrow a gun for more than 3 days.

So now if I let my brother take a gun hunting for a week long trip I am now a criminal.

SB 1235
Makes it illegal to purchase ammo from the Internet or out of state or from non licensed ammo vendors in the state. All ammo purchases must be done through state approved vendors and a background check must be completed each time you need to buy ammo.

So now I have to get screwed paying way more than market rate. If you own a gun that shoots a harder to find caliber you now will not be able to buy ammo and your gun is worthless.

Senate Bill 1446
Requires the confiscation of all magazines that are over 10 rounds. So now the government will be confiscating private property. Magazines over ten rounds have been illegal to purchase for over 15 years in this state, I gues that ban just hasn't been enough.

The above is what "common sense" regulations really mean to anti gun democrats. I post this as a warning to those in purple states and blue states that value your civil rights. The goal of democrats isn't to pass "common sense" measures; it is to make gun ownership and use as difficult as possible for the plebs in society so that we no longer have the desire to own a single gun.
what they want is crystal clear.

theirs is a fuuture goal is no private firearm ownership. to this end they cntinue to pass legislation that has zero impact on saving lives today.

they willingly sacrifice lives of the innocent today in exchange for ultimately banning all fireams tomorrow. there can be no other explanation for the crush of antigun laws that exempt the largest group who commits the most violence. what is accomplished is restricted freedom imposed on those who would never commit a crime or use a firearm to defend drug sales territory.

Happily their activist judges and prosecutors make examples of administrative anti gun legislation violations. The guy who will never commit a crime gets to share a jail cell with a gangbanger who urders with no regret.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:05 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:

And yet we still have gun laws in each state. So until that changes, don't like it, don't live in California.
Nope, it's far more fun to find fixes and work arounds so we get to see the libs heads explode. Hearing them mutter under their breath "Hey those are banned" and I just smile and tell them how wrong they are. They are always wrong.

Like I said, these laws are a mild annoyance. Keep trying.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:09 PM

720 posts, read 500,465 times
I don't like to over-exaggerate, but I think it comes down to ignorance and bigotry.

Blue state liberals don't understand gun culture. In states like CA where their population is in large urban areas, people should ask themselves some questions and answer honestly. How many people do you know own guns? How many guns do you own? How many people do you know go hunting? How many gun shows have you gone to? How many times have you gone to a gun range? Hell, when is the last time you've seen a real gun?

I think a lot of people are paranoid and scared and freaked out over guns. I'm not criticizing them, but that's what it is. The problem is, those same people want to stump for more gun control and act as though they have any frame of reference for the subject. If you grew up in the country like I did, guns were just a part of life. Most of the people I knew growing up had one and many of us went hunting for sport. It wasn't a big deal.

To be honest, it's similar to how a lot of people, especially in liberal places like CA, look at marijuana. To most of America, marijuana is a drug that addicts use and drug dealers sell. It's illegal because it's wrong to do drugs. But out there, where it's nothing to get a medical marijuana card and go to a dispensary and pick from any number of strains of weed, it's no big deal. Even if certain individuals don't do it, they probably know people who do and don't look at them as junkies strung out on happy grass.

It's all about familiarity and a matter of perspective.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:27 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:
And each state has seen restrictive abortion laws shot down because they go against federal laws. See how that works?

The federal government has been leaving gun laws up to the states to decide, that is why we have 50 different sets of laws in regards to guns. We just need one set that applies to all states. I would imagine someone like you would support that....but then again, some people want to argue for the state of arguing.
Actually they havnt been shot down.

You don't seem to understand how the bill of rights works. It is a restriction on the government, not a restriction on the people.

We have a set of federal gun laws that applies to all people. Why do you keep ignoring this fact? It makes your whole argument moot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies