Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 11:31 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Actually the 2nd Amendment says nothing about what level gun laws can be passed. They can in fact happen at the federal level....though currently most gun laws are at the state level, therefore anyone who like to spout out about states rights has to accept that some states aren't going to pass laws they like. Don't like it, don't live in that state.

Also, this is just a forum site on the internet, beyond commenting on this thread, I have no mission to do anything in regards to the Bill of Rights or the 2nd Amendment specifically.
So your saying a state can pass a law saying slavery is legal?

Because that is your argument re gun rights. That a state can violate civil liberties as spelled out in bill of rights because of states rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 11:36 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
The bleeding heart Liberals want a gun free country which they believe will lead to murder rates similar to Europe paradises like Sweden. The Progressives want to disarm Americans so they can impose what they will and the citizenry will be disarmed to fight back.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:56 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

Because that is your argument re gun rights. That a state can violate civil liberties as spelled out in bill of rights because of states rights.
No, that is not what I am saying. Not sure what you are reading but it isn't my post. Slavery is illegal at the FEDERAL LEVEL.

My argument is that gun laws should be done at the FEDERAL LEVEL.

Currently gun laws are done at the state level, unlike the law that makes slavery illegal. If YOU support states rights, then you support California deciding what is right for California.

I will say it again, there are states out there that fit your idea of gun laws, you could always move to one of those states rather than live in a state that doesn't reflect your opinions on guns.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:05 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,215,097 times
Quote:
I just want to give everyone a view of the goal of anti gun democrats. You can see the true goals this group by the laws and regulations they pass in the states they control; like in California. ....

Senate Bill 1446

Requires the confiscation of all magazines that are over 10 rounds. So now the government will be confiscating private property. Magazines over ten rounds have been illegal to purchase for over 15 years in this state, I gues that ban just hasn't been enough.

Quote:

Quote:
No, that is not what I am saying. Not sure what you are reading but it isn't my post. Slavery is illegal at the FEDERAL LEVEL.

My argument is that gun laws should be done at the FEDERAL LEVEL.

Currently gun laws are done at the state level, unlike the law that makes slavery illegal. If YOU support states rights, then you support California deciding what is right for California.

I will say it again, there are states out there that fit your idea of gun laws, you could always move to one of those states rather than live in a state that doesn't reflect your opinions on guns.

I think What shooting4life, was referring to about Civil Liberties is the Senate Bill 1446, which is the forfeiture of items, that at some point were legally purchased, with out due process. And that is the part that is illegal.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I think What shooting4life, was referring to about Civil Liberties is the Senate Bill 1446, which is the forfeiture of items, that at some point were legally purchased, with out due process. And that is the part that is illegal.
If it is illegal, a judge will overturn it, until then it still falls in states rights. If he doesn't like it, then he can always move to a state that better reflects his opinion on guns.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:33 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,215,097 times
Quote:
If it is illegal, a judge will overturn it, until then it still falls in states rights. If he doesn't like it, then he can always move to a state that better reflects his opinion on guns.

You are correct about what shooting4life could do; But It will not be challenged in CA courts, at this point I think the entire legal system in CA has been bought and paid for.

But back to that Bill, confiscation with out due process, and with out compensation, is by it's very definition illegal search and seizure.

And at this point you could not pay me enough money to ever Move to CA, or move back to New York where I was born. Both states legislatures are all wackadoodles.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
You are correct about what shooting4life could do; But It will not be challenged in CA courts, at this point I think the entire legal system in CA has been bought and paid for.

But back to that Bill, confiscation with out due process, and with out compensation, is by it's very definition illegal search and seizure.

And at this point you could not pay me enough money to ever Move to CA, or move back to New York where I was born. Both states legislatures are all wackadoodles.
I disagree with that opinion. If something is illegal or unconstitutional, it will be struck down by a judge, even in California.

Personally I have zero interest of ever living in California. I don't know why the OP bothers to stay there.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:14 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post

a future solution is nano technology. your biometrics control whether you can pull the trigger or not. if the gun is not registered to you, it wont fire. that will be the future maybe 20-30 years from now.
Won't happen. Not reliable enough and adds too much money per gun. One gun shop tried selling One and he got major backlash and hate which was warranted

Old 07-02-2016, 04:09 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,184 times
Quote:
I just want to give everyone a view of the goal of anti gun democrats. You can see the true goals this group by the laws and regulations they pass in the states they control; like in California.

The following laws were just signed by the democrat governor and passed by a democrat controlled state congress on top of the already most strict gun laws in the nation. This is a yearly endeavor taken by democrats in California, next year another half dozen gun control measures will be passed.

SB880 and AB113
Bans the purchase of all semi automatic rifles with one evil feature, such as a pistol grip or a flash hider. Everyone who owns said guns will have to register them or move them out of state and will never be able to sell them to someone in the state, pass them down to their children.

Starting next year no one in the state will be able to purchase the most popular rifle in America.

AB1511
Makes it a crime to let someone borrow a gun for more than 3 days.

So now if I let my brother take a gun hunting for a week long trip I am now a criminal.

SB 1235
Makes it illegal to purchase ammo from the Internet or out of state or from non licensed ammo vendors in the state. All ammo purchases must be done through state approved vendors and a background check must be completed each time you need to buy ammo.

So now I have to get screwed paying way more than market rate. If you own a gun that shoots a harder to find caliber you now will not be able to buy ammo and your gun is worthless.

Senate Bill 1446
Requires the confiscation of all magazines that are over 10 rounds. So now the government will be confiscating private property. Magazines over ten rounds have been illegal to purchase for over 15 years in this state, I gues that ban just hasn't been enough.

The above is what "common sense" regulations really mean to anti gun democrats. I post this as a warning to those in purple states and blue states that value your civil rights. The goal of democrats isn't to pass "common sense" measures; it is to make gun ownership and use as difficult as possible for the plebs in society so that we no longer have the desire to own a single gun.
Oh, we're sorry. Are you inconvenienced?

The founding fathers never said we couldn't change laws. So if you have a problem with that maybe you should take it up with them.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:11 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
I just want to give everyone a view of the goal of anti gun democrats. You can see the true goals this group by the laws and regulations they pass in the states they control; like in California.

The following laws were just signed by the democrat governor and passed by a democrat controlled state congress on top of the already most strict gun laws in the nation. This is a yearly endeavor taken by democrats in California, next year another half dozen gun control measures will be passed.

SB880 and AB113
Bans the purchase of all semi automatic rifles with one evil feature, such as a pistol grip or a flash hider. Everyone who owns said guns will have to register them or move them out of state and will never be able to sell them to someone in the state, pass them down to their children.

Starting next year no one in the state will be able to purchase the most popular rifle in America.

AB1511
Makes it a crime to let someone borrow a gun for more than 3 days.

So now if I let my brother take a gun hunting for a week long trip I am now a criminal.

SB 1235
Makes it illegal to purchase ammo from the Internet or out of state or from non licensed ammo vendors in the state. All ammo purchases must be done through state approved vendors and a background check must be completed each time you need to buy ammo.

So now I have to get screwed paying way more than market rate. If you own a gun that shoots a harder to find caliber you now will not be able to buy ammo and your gun is worthless.

Senate Bill 1446

The above is what "common sense" regulations really mean to anti gun democrats. I post this as a warning to those in purple states and blue states that value your civil rights. The goal of democrats isn't to pass "common sense" measures; it is to make gun ownership and use as difficult as possible for the plebs in society so that we no longer have the desire to own a single gun.
What do anti gun democrats actually want?

Ask Sen. barbara fienstein of CALIFORNIA.

"If I could remove EVERY gun, I would" or something to that affect.

I suggest you MOVE, just as many have done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies