Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 02:30 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Actually they havnt been shot down.

You don't seem to understand how the bill of rights works. It is a restriction on the government, not a restriction on the people.

We have a set of federal gun laws that applies to all people. Why do you keep ignoring this fact? It makes your whole argument moot.
For the thousandth time, no liberal gives a crap about your stupid constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 02:34 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Nope, it's far more fun to find fixes and work arounds so we get to see the libs heads explode. Hearing them mutter under their breath "Hey those are banned" and I just smile and tell them how wrong they are. They are always wrong.

Like I said, these laws are a mild annoyance. Keep trying.
Whatever floats your boat. I am not trying to do anything, I don't live in California, nor am I trying to pass any gun laws. So I don't really care what you choose to waste your money on.

Quote:
Actually they havnt been shot down.

You don't seem to understand how the bill of rights works. It is a restriction on the government, not a restriction on the people.

We have a set of federal gun laws that applies to all people. Why do you keep ignoring this fact? It makes your whole argument moot.
Depends on what specific laws you are talking about. The restrictive abortion law in Texas was just struck down because it went beyond the federal law. Though all you are arguing about is that you think it is okay for California to put forth such laws about guns because it is well within their right to do so. I on the other hand think no state should have gun laws, they should only be done at the federal level. Why do you keep ignoring that fact and then try to pretend I am saying something different?

Old 07-02-2016, 02:41 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
I just want to give everyone a view of the goal of anti gun democrats. You can see the true goals this group by the laws and regulations they pass in the states they control; like in California.

The following laws were just signed by the democrat governor and passed by a democrat controlled state congress on top of the already most strict gun laws in the nation. This is a yearly endeavor taken by democrats in California, next year another half dozen gun control measures will be passed.

SB880 and AB113
Bans the purchase of all semi automatic rifles with one evil feature, such as a pistol grip or a flash hider. Everyone who owns said guns will have to register them or move them out of state and will never be able to sell them to someone in the state, pass them down to their children.

Starting next year no one in the state will be able to purchase the most popular rifle in America.

AB1511
Makes it a crime to let someone borrow a gun for more than 3 days.

So now if I let my brother take a gun hunting for a week long trip I am now a criminal.

SB 1235
Makes it illegal to purchase ammo from the Internet or out of state or from non licensed ammo vendors in the state. All ammo purchases must be done through state approved vendors and a background check must be completed each time you need to buy ammo.

So now I have to get screwed paying way more than market rate. If you own a gun that shoots a harder to find caliber you now will not be able to buy ammo and your gun is worthless.

Senate Bill 1446
Requires the confiscation of all magazines that are over 10 rounds. So now the government will be confiscating private property. Magazines over ten rounds have been illegal to purchase for over 15 years in this state, I gues that ban just hasn't been enough.

The above is what "common sense" regulations really mean to anti gun democrats. I post this as a warning to those in purple states and blue states that value your civil rights. The goal of democrats isn't to pass "common sense" measures; it is to make gun ownership and use as difficult as possible for the plebs in society so that we no longer have the desire to own a single gun.
Common sense and gun control are contra-indicated. The only common sense is vigorously enforce already written and enacted. More laws are just as useless as those passed earlier.

Liberals are completely stupid regarding this issue.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Common sense and gun control are contra-indicated. The only common sense is vigorously enforce already written and enacted. More laws are just as useless as those passed earlier.

Liberals are completely stupid regarding this issue.
No, they are not stupid. They are freaking smart because their end goal is to ban all guns. If they focus on criminals, how can they ban guns?

Old 07-02-2016, 02:56 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No, they are not stupid. They are freaking smart because their end goal is to ban all guns. If they focus on criminals, how can they ban guns?
If you think that, then you should run out and spend every last dollar you have on guns and ammo to prepare. Plus it helps the economy when people spend money out of fear.

Old 07-02-2016, 03:57 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Whatever floats your boat. I am not trying to do anything, I don't live in California, nor am I trying to pass any gun laws. So I don't really care what you choose to waste your money on.

Depends on what specific laws you are talking about. The restrictive abortion law in Texas was just struck down because it went beyond the federal law. Though all you are arguing about is that you think it is okay for California to put forth such laws about guns because it is well within their right to do so. I on the other hand think no state should have gun laws, they should only be done at the federal level. Why do you keep ignoring that fact and then try to pretend I am saying something different?
If you don't care nor live here wth are you clammering on about it? Telling people to move. That's an odd two cents.

Back to the thread. I'm giddy the NEW BULLET BUTTON is actually faster than the old one

Thank you capitalism and ingenuity. Now I'll never have to buy ammo OR enter some stupid registration. This was actually a good thing. I can't wait to see Brown's face when he hears the great news.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
If you think that, then you should run out and spend every last dollar you have on guns and ammo to prepare. Plus it helps the economy when people spend money out of fear.
You would crazy if you don't believe that.

Just look at all the gun control laws. Please name one that is not targeting law abiding citizens.

I also got four liberal superem court justices argued that nobody should be allowed to own any guns.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:33 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No this is what happens when you have liberals in complete charge, they ignore the constitution and all of a sudden become advocates of 'states rights' - but only in this one limited scenario.

Liberals sure love criminals, they do everything they can to ensure a safe environment for them.
No, the new CA laws need to be national. People can purchase easily in Nevada and bring it over state lines.

Liberals do not love criminals - that's silly. OTOH, one could say that gun nutters don't care if criminals have guns. Yes.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:37 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
A friend of mine who spent 25 years as a LEO in L.A., says that even retired cops are not exempt. He will be limited in what he can own.

Old 07-02-2016, 04:48 PM

477 posts, read 276,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Liberals do not love criminals - that's silly. OTOH, one could say that gun nutters don't care if criminals have guns. Yes.
Oh, "gun nuts" DO care that criminals have guns. They're just smart enough to realize that they're criminals, and they will possess and do anything that's within their agenda as a criminal.

If and when you happen across a criminal, on the street, or in your home, please remember to remind them about the importance of following the various laws they're currently breaking, especially the ones about guns.

Yes, laws exist for a reason. I AM glad that many laws are there and help punish criminals... unfortunately, they often punish them AFTER the fact, because... that's life. That works after they've burgled your home, and maybe you get your stuff back, and maybe the perp stays off the street.

Where these laws DON'T work is where the liberals want them, and that's to PREVENT the deaths, the murders.

Its funny how some can support the idea of the ATF going door to door to take away firearms from Mr. and Mrs. Jones, but they're the same folks who rallied against "stop and frisk."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies