Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Both restaurants are mediocre and overpriced, especially Bw3's. Younger people are preferring to eat healthier, and also are more open to international foods than the older generations. Chains need to adapt or die.
yall are over thinking this.

I have only gone to Buffalo Wild Wings once. It was not that busy , and yet it was crowded. there were only 3 waiters on duty and we were forced to sit in their sections while other areas were completely empty. The tables are so close together that the the waiters for the other sections kept bumping into my table as they walked by, and the TVs were so close together that the sounds of the games were blending into each other(each TV on a different game). And again, did i mention it wasnt busy, because after finally being seated, it took an hour for our wings.

Price wasnt the problem.

It was just a bad experience. if all of them are like this one, then that is why they are dying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 11:17 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
I agree with those that said BWW used to be a lot better ten years ago. It was also a lot more exclusive chain back then and you didn't have them everywhere. I can't really comment on the service, but the wings were done a lot better. Last time I went, it was plain nasty. I've ate at numerous locations and its the same story at very one. It's no wonder people aren't going there anymore. BWW was actually a cool place to go in 2007.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:39 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
It's been awhile since I ate at a chain restaurant but a couple years ago me and a friend of mine visited our old hometown and on purpose went to eat at the only surviving Sizzler I'm aware of in the area. She worked there after high school and I worked in an office nearby and had lunch their frequently way back in the 70's so it was for nostalgias sake. It was fun but kind of weird sitting at the same table and eating the same meal I'd had 40 years ago! Time to let go Sizzler!

Old 06-08-2017, 04:43 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
I'm not seeing how this is a problem. That's how a free market works.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:30 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,921,160 times
The local Applebees and Wild Wings (which is right across from one another) are packed all the time. Of course it's not gourmet food prepared by world class chefs or a millennial hipster joint. But you pay a killing to patronage those places. It's just a nice casual place to get together with friends and family with little hassle and a reasonable price.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:37 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's been awhile since I ate at a chain restaurant but a couple years ago me and a friend of mine visited our old hometown and on purpose went to eat at the only surviving Sizzler I'm aware of in the area. She worked there after high school and I worked in an office nearby and had lunch their frequently way back in the 70's so it was for nostalgias sake. It was fun but kind of weird sitting at the same table and eating the same meal I'd had 40 years ago! Time to let go Sizzler!
It's funny as Brand new sizzler opened in my area . I viewed it as kind of a dying chain too so was surprised they opened a new location .

I was actually going to check it out because I remember it from when I was younger but there was a line out door so decided to leave .

Old 06-08-2017, 07:47 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It's funny as Brand new sizzler opened in my area . I viewed it as kind of a dying chain too so was surprised they opened a new location .

I was actually going to check it out because I remember it from when I was younger but there was a line out door so decided to leave .
Sizzler might be benefitting slightly from an increase in the number of people eating ketogenic (low carb) diets (I do). Steak, potato, and salad meals (NO bread) fill the bill as long as you nix carb-laden salad dressings and potato toppings.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:32 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
There are so many restaurant chains out there. If they can't keep up with what people like, then they go out of business. There is nothing special about either Applebees or BWW, they both have decent food and decent service, but that's not enough anymore. Competition is tough and the restaurant industry is changing.

As a millennial I don't eat at full service restaurants nearly as much as my parents did, but we still like to go out and get a good steak or Korean BBQ. But I'm not as likely to order a burger and fries at a full service restaurant like my parents would.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:26 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,110,959 times
I am finding more and more that at these so-called independent "mom and pop" restaurants, unless you go high-end, the food is basically the same crap off the Sysco or US Foods truck that the chains are getting their own proprietary versions of.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:37 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
I am finding more and more that at these so-called independent "mom and pop" restaurants, unless you go high-end, the food is basically the same crap off the Sysco or US Foods truck that the chains are getting their own proprietary versions of.
Mom and pop definitely doesn't mean quality will be better . Then if quality is better you will pay a lot more of course .
Food has become very expensive in L.A , can't imagine what prices will be when min wage is $15 hr here as it will be soon .

I think that's going to change the restaurant industry a lot .

It's common for prices to go up like 20 percent it seems .

Common to see like $8.99 then new price is $10.99
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies