U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you support a preemptive nuclear strike?
Yes; it's the quickest, most decisive way to neutralize a threat casualties and political fallout be damned 51 15.13%
No; Nuclear weapons should only be used should the enemy strike first with a nuclear weapon 286 84.87%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Texas
6,825 posts, read 4,738,745 times
Reputation: 5728

Advertisements

No doubt Crooked Trump will use North Korea to get Russia off the front burner.

 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:20 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
26,956 posts, read 13,297,061 times
Reputation: 7752
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Last Updated Aug 8, 2017 3:31 PM EDT

President Trump addressed the ongoing crisis between the U.S. and North Korea at a briefing on opioids in New Jersey on Tuesday, issuing a stern warning to the regime for its continued provocations.

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States," warned Mr. Trump from his golf club in Bedminster.

"They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen," he told reporters. "He has been very threatening -- beyond a normal statement," Mr. Trump said of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. "As I said, they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before."


Trump warns North Korea will be "met with fire and fury" - CBS News

This rhetoric is starting to sound a bit scary.
It's supposed to sound scary to the fat little N. Korean dictator. But it was Obama, who let this escalate to this point, leaving us with few options when N. Korea began flexing it's muscles by firing ICBM's and threatening us by bragging that they could now hit many U.S. cities.

We may be forced into a preemptive strike, our military leaders have said. Rex Tillerson has warned them that "this isn't the Obama Administration."
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Stasis
14,534 posts, read 8,065,910 times
Reputation: 7550
"they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before."

More power and destruction than we saw at Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Worse than Dresden & Coventry?
Trump is big on the rhetoric. A history ignorant child with lots of bluster.

 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:23 PM
 
Location: NE Ohio
26,956 posts, read 13,297,061 times
Reputation: 7752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
In the same story: Over 60% of Americans doubt Trump's ability to handle the North Korea situation while the usual 1/3 think he can handle it.
I doubt those figures! I think we can handle this little turd. Look at the difference Trump has already made in the fight against ISIS. Consider the source of the story ...CBS.
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
25,979 posts, read 34,762,970 times
Reputation: 15538
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I doubt those figures! I think we can handle this little turd. Look at the difference Trump has already made in the fight against ISIS. Consider the source of the story ...CBS.
You mean Trump, right?
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:25 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
26,529 posts, read 31,003,972 times
Reputation: 31031
It was just announced this afternoon that NK has a miniature nuclear warhead that will fit on a missile.

Do we wait until they shoot off that missile or try and stop it before? Hopefully China is doing everything possible they can possibly do.
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:26 PM
 
1,690 posts, read 587,550 times
Reputation: 1671
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Last Updated Aug 8, 2017 3:31 PM EDT

President Trump addressed the ongoing crisis between the U.S. and North Korea at a briefing on opioids in New Jersey on Tuesday, issuing a stern warning to the regime for its continued provocations.

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States," warned Mr. Trump from his golf club in Bedminster.

"They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen," he told reporters. "He has been very threatening -- beyond a normal statement," Mr. Trump said of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. "As I said, they will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before."


Trump warns North Korea will be "met with fire and fury" - CBS News

This rhetoric is starting to sound a bit scary.
This guy should just say we are going to war with NK or just sit down and shut up until he figures out a strategy. This is not the kind of situation where saber rattling is at all useful, given the grave consequences of a misstep by either him or the other crazy leader.

What an a***clown and exactly what both BO and HC were talking about in terms of his lack of judgment and presidential temperament to lead in grave situations.
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Stasis
14,534 posts, read 8,065,910 times
Reputation: 7550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It was just announced this afternoon that NK has a miniature nuclear warhead that will fit on a missile.

Do we wait until they shoot off that missile or try and stop it before? Hopefully China is doing everything possible they can possibly do.
North Korea will not strike first. Their nukes are for deterrence.
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
9,478 posts, read 13,201,770 times
Reputation: 10137
Wait... I thought Hillary was the war monger?
 
Old 08-08-2017, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
25,979 posts, read 34,762,970 times
Reputation: 15538
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
President Trump's approval rating will be about 95% after he defeats Kim.
Heck, Bush's approval rating was 90% after 911.
With untold thousands dead, Asia in ruins and the world economic order completely destroyed? I don't think so. (not to mention no more Galaxy phones or LG appliances). This is not the same as dropping a few bombs on some defenseless, primitive desert tribesmen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top