Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2017, 11:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Why is everyone all of the sudden race obsessed? I don't remember it being like this 5-10 years ago.
Well, you know WHO was in office for 2 terms & started it all back up.

Idiot, that he was.

How do you vote for a grown man that has no clue where his birth certificate is/keeps "losing it" after he "finds it"? But has traveled the world? Where are his old passports? He trashed them as well? Why didn't he allow his app to Columbia be released, not his grades - lets see if he applied as a non-citizen?

Never should have been so complicated if he (and those who believed in him) was on the up-and- up.

Common sense evades liberals who want things for free, so that's why they had to bully and call those questioning Obama's place of birth "birthers".

Just like how they do Trump and those who voted for him.

They're bullies.

May as well wear white hoods on their heads given the way they act toward/treat those who they disagree with.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-05-2017 at 11:40 PM..

Old 09-05-2017, 11:48 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ain't my problem. I ain't taking sides. Again, white folks brought these people here and gave them jobs. Black folks had nothing to do with it. We don't employ them. I already gave you the Cuban example when white political figures allowed Hispanic Cubans to enter this country by the hundreds of thousands...they weren't subject to Jim Crow or institutionalized racism. They were allowed to leap right over African Americans that were here for centuries. That was a shocking betrayal, and black folks shouldn't forget it.

You only want blacks to take a stand because you're afraid of potential Latino political power. But as long as Hispanics were no threat to white domination, they were put ahead of African Americans.

Nah...ain't my fight. You deal with it.
The idea of universal principles, and building a good society for everyone without regard for race, doesn't even register for you... not even a blip on the radar.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:04 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why do people continue to make general statements such as "why don't blacks take a strong stance against illegal immigration?"

Even a simple internet search shows this is absolutely not true, and there have been multiple cases of blacks targeting latinos/hispanics across America.

This is what's so scary about the internet. You have SO much information that is readily available in seconds, yet people conveniently ignore it so they can spout off what they think is 'true.'

The Rainbow Coalition Evaporates
Black anger grows as illegal immigrants transform urban neighborhoods.

Black Leader Argues That Illegal Immigration | The Daily Caller
It's easy to get information but tough for many, even with help from the internet, to wrap their heads around the fact that individual cases do not disprove general statements about societal trends.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:05 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
I'm trying to figure out who the "other people of color" are. LMAO

I didn't realize there were other people of color. Please, a list would be fly.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:58 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The idea of universal principles, and building a good society for everyone without regard for race, doesn't even register for you... not even a blip on the radar.
Universal principles and a good society? Who are you kidding? Do you even read your posts on other race threads? You're one of the first people to poop all over black folks.

Now you wanna come in here and talk about "everyone without regard for race" as if you're Martin Luther King or something? Man, please. FOH with that.

You're playing the kumbaya game ONLY because you feel threatened by Hispanic culture and potential political power. Black folks have absolutely nothing to gain by getting in the middle of that mess.

These illegals displaced millions of whites from jobs in all kinds of industries from meatpacking to textile production, and y'all didn't do a damn thing about it. In fact, you kept voting in pro business Republicans that tried for years to protect this cheap labor source in order to undermine American workers and drive unions and wages into the ground.

But NOW, you wanna sound the alarm because it's getting beyond finances at this point...you fear that your culture will be overrun by millions of non English speaking people. But no one cared 35 years ago when these people were dislodging Americans from jobs and tanking wages.

All of a sudden, you wanna put the onus on blacks to help fix what white folks failed to do when they were losing jobs. But nah...it ain't happening.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:34 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I wish we could be like the Native Americans. They currently sit on 1.5 trillion dollars in resources with their reservations. They still receive billions of dollars from the government to this day, every year. In the Southern Ute Tribe, a tribe of 1400 members, all are worth millions of dollars. Black people can only dream of getting those kinds of resources for all the labor they gave to this country.

The only thing keeping Native Americans "poor", is their division. I'm particularly talking about those who live on reservations. If black people had 1.5 trillion dollars in resources, we would use that to start businesses and create jobs for ourselves. We of 40 million plus would see ourselves as one tribe, unlike the Natives.
I agree with the bold. Even though many blacks ourselves like to say we have disunity, in America, we really don't and we really do look out for each other for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why do people continue to make general statements such as "why don't blacks take a strong stance against illegal immigration?"

Even a simple internet search shows this is absolutely not true, and there have been multiple cases of blacks targeting latinos/hispanics across America.

This is what's so scary about the internet. You have SO much information that is readily available in seconds, yet people conveniently ignore it so they can spout off what they think is 'true.'

The Rainbow Coalition Evaporates
Black anger grows as illegal immigrants transform urban neighborhoods.

Black Leader Argues That Illegal Immigration | The Daily Caller
On the bold here, they think that Al Sharpton's stance on the issue is all our issues...because...you know us blacks do everything he says and thinks everything he thinks lol

Old 09-06-2017, 06:44 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Universal principles and a good society? Who are you kidding? Do you even read your posts on other race threads? You're one of the first people to poop all over black folks.

Now you wanna come in here and talk about "everyone without regard for race" as if you're Martin Luther King or something? Man, please. FOH with that.

You're playing the kumbaya game ONLY because you feel threatened by Hispanic culture and potential political power. Black folks have absolutely nothing to gain by getting in the middle of that mess.

These illegals displaced millions of whites from jobs in all kinds of industries from meatpacking to textile production, and y'all didn't do a damn thing about it. In fact, you kept voting in pro business Republicans that tried for years to protect this cheap labor source in order to undermine American workers and drive unions and wages into the ground.

But NOW, you wanna sound the alarm because it's getting beyond finances at this point...you fear that your culture will be overrun by millions of non English speaking people. But no one cared 35 years ago when these people were dislodging Americans from jobs and tanking wages.

All of a sudden, you wanna put the onus on blacks to help fix what white folks failed to do when they were losing jobs. But nah...it ain't happening.
This was harsh but to the point. ITA in regards to what occurred with the illegal immigrant issue in this country.

I especially agree with the blue. People fail to realize that the Republican stance of supporting businesses in them hiring illegal workers was the main reason for the issue becoming a major factor today and in the recent past. I'll note that Democrats also IMO have too loose a position on the issue, but at least they put the onus where it belongs - on the business owners who hire the workers.

I've known a lot of republicans who are business owners, especially in GA when the law I discussed was enroute to be passed. A lot of white business owners were mad about that law. They wanted to be able to hire cheap illegal hispanic workers because they were "hard workers" and they could pay them half of what an American would be required to be paid for those jobs. The executive at the company I worked for at the time, started a very unnecessary rant against that law, which was passed by GOP lawmakers who responded to the outcry from their constituents over other financial issues that the illegal immigrants were causing. My executive had a spouse who owned a construction company and both of them were mad about the law. She started a very heated discussion during our meeting about how we were going to start using E-Verify and went off on a tangent about how the law wouldn't have been passed if it hadn't been for Obama (as if he had any say so in a state law....) and how her spouse wouldn't be able to make as much money because he'd be forced to hire American workers in the state of GA. When people in our meeting said he should be hiring Americans. She mentioned how "blacks don't work as hard" and this was in a staff meeting where us black workers were present....lol.

So I agree with DD. This illegal immigrant thing is something created primarily by white Republicans who supported business owners who are majority white when they wanted to hire cheap labor. The lower income to middle income whites have been hurt the most by it IMO that is why they are trying to get blacks involved to try to fix it. But regardless you all aren't doing it to hire us. You are doing it to hire yourselves. We're not as stupid as you think we are.

But again, I don't support illegal immigration. I just know that it is not my fight to fight.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:58 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I'm trying to figure out who the "other people of color" are. LMAO
It is difficult to keep up with because they invent new minorities every generation. Following the footsteps of the fake "hispanic" group, Middle Easterners (even Armenians and Isrealis) are about to become official "people of color" in a few years. We're all going to have to start calling people "MENA" in 2020.

The Kardashians are a non-white minority family now.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:14 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
It is difficult to keep up with because they invent new minorities every generation. Following the footsteps of the fake "hispanic" group, Middle Easterners (even Armenians and Isrealis) are about to become official "people of color" in a few years. We're all going to have to start calling people "MENA" in 2020.

The Kardashians are a non-white minority family now.
>LMAO!! Couldn't rep you again so it's manual this time.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:41 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:

WELL SAID! broke it down perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies