Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2017, 07:08 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here's what I don't get. Why don't blacks take a strong stance against illegal immigration? I can only guess it's because Hispanics who make up the largest group here illegally are minorities of whom blacks consider to be people of color. They are biting off their noses to spite their faces IMO because blacks more than any other race percentage wise are being negatively impacted in the job market. Illegals have taken the jobs that poor and less educated blacks used to be able to make a living at. It's truly puzzling to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
What on earth are you talking about?
Percentages... baffling, I know, but you really need to try to wrap your head around them. Otherwise it will be impossible to understand the issue.
Quote:
Illegals take the jobs of ALL poor and less educated people in this country, not just blacks.

and simply by the raw numbers, there are A LOT more poor and uneducated whites than there are blacks.

As a tree-hugging liberal, I am all for cutting down on illegal immigration. But I am also all for allowing all those already here to stay, so long as they become citizens and pay taxes like the rest of us.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:12 PM

3,852 posts, read 2,229,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is a myopic view. Even from a strictly racial, pro-black perspective, the immigration issue matters.
Immigration isn't actually an issue. Legitimate immigrants don't have any problems and have all the rights of any American.

There is no reason that anybody should support the movement of people who enter the United States unlawfully and want rights that they are not entitled to. There also isn't a historical reason that black people should unconditionally support these "people of color" who choose to break our laws and are making themselves out to be victims - especially not the historically racist Latin Americans.

I've been accused of being an "uncle tom" in the past just for saying that I don't support illegal immigration. It's madness.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
This is a myopic view. Even from a strictly racial, pro-black perspective, the immigration issue matters.
Ain't my problem. I ain't taking sides. Again, white folks brought these people here and gave them jobs. Black folks had nothing to do with it. We don't employ them. I already gave you the Cuban example when white political figures allowed Hispanic Cubans to enter this country by the hundreds of thousands...they weren't subject to Jim Crow or institutionalized racism. They were allowed to leap right over African Americans that were here for centuries. That was a shocking betrayal, and black folks shouldn't forget it.

You only want blacks to take a stand because you're afraid of potential Latino political power. But as long as Hispanics were no threat to white domination, they were put ahead of African Americans.

Nah...ain't my fight. You deal with it.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Immigration isn't actually an issue. Legitimate immigrants don't have any problems and have all the rights of any American.

There is no reason that anybody should support the movement of people who enter the United States unlawfully and want rights that they are not entitled to. There also isn't a historical reason that black people should unconditionally support these "people of color" who choose to break our laws and are making themselves out to be victims - especially not the historically racist Latin Americans.

I've been accused of being an "uncle tom" in the past just for saying that I don't support illegal immigration. It's madness.
I no supporter of illegal immigration either, but because I live down here on the Mexican border, I see the game for what it is.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:03 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Tell me, pandorafan, how can advocating for POC be justified while advocating for white people is not? How can you expect to create a POC interest group in America without also producing a white population that thinks of itself in racial terms? Why would you want that kind of future for the country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Racial classification, thinking of oneself in racial terms as a science were created by white people.
Tribal thinking is as old as man, and racial classification was inevitable once humans developed the ability to travel the world and see the varieties and patterns of human populations. With the European Enlightenment, people began to think in terms of universality, natural rights and principles that apply to everyone. But this thread is evidence of just how little Enlightenment thinking matters to many present day Americans. Most people here are still unapologetic tribalists.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:21 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,244,554 times
Yes, black people should be advocating for other people of color such as white people, brown people, and yellow people.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Why should they? People needs to worry about themselves first.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Tribal thinking is as old as man, and racial classification was inevitable once humans developed the ability to travel the world and see the varieties and patterns of human populations. With the European Enlightenment, people began to think in terms of universality, natural rights and principles that apply to everyone. But this thread is evidence of just how little Enlightenment thinking matters to many present day Americans. Most people here are still unapologetic tribalists.
You're just as down for your tribe as everyone else is for theirs. Actually, even more so.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:10 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here's what I don't get. Why don't blacks take a strong stance against illegal immigration? I can only guess it's because Hispanics who make up the largest group here illegally are minorities of whom blacks consider to be people of color. They are biting off their noses to spite their faces IMO because blacks more than any other race percentage wise are being negatively impacted in the job market. Illegals have taken the jobs that poor and less educated blacks used to be able to make a living at. It's truly puzzling to me.
Because we're not here to fight the Republican's battles for them. Whites are the majority why don't you fight your own battles??

Old 09-05-2017, 11:29 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Why do people continue to make general statements such as "why don't blacks take a strong stance against illegal immigration?"

Even a simple internet search shows this is absolutely not true, and there have been multiple cases of blacks targeting latinos/hispanics across America.

This is what's so scary about the internet. You have SO much information that is readily available in seconds, yet people conveniently ignore it so they can spout off what they think is 'true.'

The Rainbow Coalition Evaporates
Black anger grows as illegal immigrants transform urban neighborhoods.

Quote:
Terry Anderson is angry. From his KRLA-AM radio perch in Los Angeles, the black talk-show host thunders, “I have gone on the streets and talked to people at random here in the black community, and they all ask me the same question: ‘Why are our politicians and leaders letting this happen?’ ” What’s got Anderson—motto: “If You Ain’t Mad, You Ain’t Payin’ Attention”—so worked up isn’t the Jena Six or nooses on Columbia University doorknobs; it’s the illegal immigrants who allegedly murdered three Newark college students last August.
Black Leader Argues That Illegal Immigration | The Daily Caller

Quote:
Illegal immigration could harm members of the black community and their ability to get jobs, according to a black leader.

Peter Kirsanow, a member of the U.S. Civil Rights Commission, believes that illegal immigration and its effect on the black community, specifically men, don’t receive enough attention, reports the Daily Signal.

“Black males are more likely to experience competition from illegal immigrants,” Kirsanow said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies