Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2017, 02:38 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Tell me, pandorafan, how can advocating for POC be justified while advocating for white people is not? How can you expect to create a POC interest group in America without also producing a white population that thinks of itself in racial terms? Why would you want that kind of future for the country?
Racial classification, thinking of oneself in racial terms as a science were created by white people.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:46 PM

2,425 posts, read 1,451,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
After a couple of recent threads, one that made it really big before being locked, I wanted to created a similar thread to hear from black people and other POC.

Do you feel that it is selfish for blacks to only advocate for ourselves and not for other persons of color? Why or why not?
How do you as a person of color relate to the plight of other POC of another background?

I realize that every person of color does not have your best interest either, however sometimes I wonder if black people should advocate for them more than we do? On the other hand, you have other persons of color who make the same accusations of "self segregation" that many persons of Anglo-Saxon descent make.

As a black person, how do you feel about things such as Black History Month? How about Hispanic Heritage Month. Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month?

How do you feel about the accusation of "race-bating" and "playing the race card"?

NOTE: I will accept commentary from any race of people as long as it's of value.
The answer is no because once other groups get what they're after, they usually leave black people high and dry. The truth is, everyone has eaten off of black people's plate. That is why we are at the very bottom. Hispanics are doing better than us, in spite of us being here for hundreds of years. Now we are suppose to take up for them, like with this DACA situation?

No. They are higher than us in every economic statistic, and a lot of them aren't even US citizens. Do you know how outraged this should make every black descendant of slaves?

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The Black SJW's don't seem to have any love for Asians or East Indians, for obvious reasons. Mainly because they've leapfrogged them (and Whites!). They also go back and forth with Hispanics depending on whether it's convenient. One thing I've never understood is how Blacks can be in favor of illegal immigration, or any immigration really, when all it does is cut down their voting power? As the Hispanic population continues to grow, the Black vote decreases in importance. The majority of the resources for minority communities will soon be headed the way of the Hispanics. Same with seats on school boards, city councils, state senates, etc. As Hispanic populations grow and grow, so does their voting power. Blacks, poor Black specifically, need to embrace mainstream society & become part of it, or they will end up similar to Native Americans culturally. I don't wish that on Black people, but if you look at the demographic shifts and do the math, that is where this is headed.
Because a lot of Asians and Indians hate us and do so because they picked that **** up from white folks.

As to your advice to blacks relative to illegal immigration, that's YOUR fight, not ours. Who gives the illegals all these jobs? Definitely not blacks. Who let them in the country by the millions for cheap labor? Not black folks. Y'all got greedy without thinking about the long term problems that this could cause, and now you want black folks to lock arms with you to fight it. Nope. Forget it. Not interested.

Know why? Because of the stuff you said at the beginning of your post. You'll just go behind our backs and tell the Hispanics that we resent them and we're jealous of them blah, blah, blah....like you already do with the Asians. We know the game because we've seen it play out time and time again.

White folks have already shown their cards. In '59, whites let Hispanic Cuban immigrants come into South Florida by the hundreds of thousands, and they were placed ahead of African Americans who'd been here for centuries, almost immediately. The Cubans weren't subjected to Jim Crow or any statutory discrimination whatsoever.

So naaaaaah...this is between you folks and the Hispanic community to hash out. If they end up overrunning you, too bad. I don't give a damn.

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
couple observations:

-when discussing "why are blacks______"....people immediately jump to Asians. Asians come to the US under differenct circumstances. Why is this even a comparison? Can we stop this?
-Asians have small population numbers, and they are ALLOWED to move freely up as they are both not a "threat" to whites and they are used as the model minority to put against blacks. Like you did.

And I don't see where you have answered whether or not blacks should advocate for other "people of color" seems as if you immediately tried to talk poorly of blacks and made no actual points.
Because they only use Asians as an example when they want to justify the notion of black inferiority.

And they know very well blacks and Asians do not have a similar history or experience.

Also African immigrants (who are "blacker" than African Americans) also outperform American blacks. They are both black, but they do not have the same ethnicity and different historic experiences. They can tell the difference between a Chinese and Vietnamese, but not between a Yoruba Nigerian and someone from Central or Southern Africa.

Because to them black people have no differences, no different cultures, we think the same, we act the same, have the same thoughts, have the same vision.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
The Black SJW's don't seem to have any love for Asians or East Indians, for obvious reasons. Mainly because they've leapfrogged them (and Whites!). They also go back and forth with Hispanics depending on whether it's convenient. One thing I've never understood is how Blacks can be in favor of illegal immigration, or any immigration really, when all it does is cut down their voting power? As the Hispanic population continues to grow, the Black vote decreases in importance. The majority of the resources for minority communities will soon be headed the way of the Hispanics. Same with seats on school boards, city councils, state senates, etc. As Hispanic populations grow and grow, so does their voting power. Blacks, poor Black specifically, need to embrace mainstream society & become part of it, or they will end up similar to Native Americans culturally. I don't wish that on Black people, but if you look at the demographic shifts and do the math, that is where this is headed.
I wish we could be like the Native Americans. They currently sit on 1.5 trillion dollars in resources with their reservations. They still receive billions of dollars from the government to this day, every year. In the Southern Ute Tribe, a tribe of 1400 members, all are worth millions of dollars. Black people can only dream of getting those kinds of resources for all the labor they gave to this country.

The only thing keeping Native Americans "poor", is their division. I'm particularly talking about those who live on reservations. If black people had 1.5 trillion dollars in resources, we would use that to start businesses and create jobs for ourselves. We of 40 million plus would see ourselves as one tribe, unlike the Natives.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:47 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
The answer is no because once other groups get what they're after, they usually leave black people high and dry. The truth is, everyone has eaten off of black people's plate. That is why we are at the very bottom. Hispanics are doing better than us, in spite of us being here for hundreds of years. Now we are suppose to take up for them, like with this DACA situation?

No. They are higher than us in every economic statistic, and a lot of them aren't even US citizens. Do you know how outraged this should make every black descendant of slaves?
I would hope they aren't expecting much from us regarding DACA. Really, what can we do about it? Instead of looking to black people, they need to take that fight to the Uncle Juans of their communities for voting in the person who vowed to take it away.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
I would hope they aren't expecting much from us regarding DACA. Really, what can we do about it? Instead of looking to black people, they need to take that fight to the Uncle Juans of their communities for voting in the person who vowed to take it away.
This is true. Almost 30% of the hispanic vote went for Trump. That is an extremely high number for a man who called illegal immigrants criminals. Of course personally I don't care about all that, and in a way glad Trump won over Hillary. (I can't stand Hillary) Though with that said, all hispanic voters who voted for Trump, don't expect people to fight for you when you're being deported.

As a black person descendant of slaves, I'm still waiting for us to be treated as full citizens in the wealthiest nation on earth, and receive our inheritance. My mind is boggled on how children of illegal immigrants receive all this sympathy, yet black children who are mired in poverty are blamed for their situations. While we are calling these DACA folks "Dreamers", they were calling us "crack babies" and "super predators". They were calling our men "thugs/criminals" and our women "welfare queens". How is it people who crossed the border yesterday have more net worth and more sympathy, than black folks who are citizens and been in this country for hundreds of years? This is crazy stuff.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:21 PM

3,854 posts, read 2,230,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the civil right movement didn't just benefit African Americans, but prompted gains for nearly all minority groups.
But only black people fought the civil rights movement, there wasn't a Mexican, Puerto Rican or an Asian in sight marching down Washington with black people. After the battle was won, the other "minority" groups ("hispanics") were politically fabricated for the purpose of taking advantage of the benefits and protections that they didn't fight for.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:32 PM

3,854 posts, read 2,230,113 times
Quote:
The majority of the resources for minority communities will soon be headed the way of the Hispanics. Same with seats on school boards, city councils, state senates, etc. As Hispanic populations grow and grow, so does their voting power.
"Hispanics" already get the majority of those resources. They have been fighting to get more federal funding than black people since they invented the term in the 80s. That's also why they were celebrating when they become the largest minority group - so they could demand the most money. It's an absolute scam.

When the civil rights act was passed, those programs were never intended for "Spanish" people. They INVENTED that they were minorities for the purpose of getting this money and for taking advantage of affirmative action. In the pre-civil rights era, those same "Spanish" people were saying that they were white and resisted any label as minority.

That's why I think they should just get rid all so called minority benefits because they aren't doing what they were initially intended to do, and most of the money is going to people who were never historically discriminated and wanting nothing to do with civil rights movement when it was happening.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:59 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...that's why I stay out of these battles between whites and Hispanics. I don't give a damn about the immigration debate.
This is a myopic view. Even from a strictly racial, pro-black perspective, the immigration issue matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies