Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 12:30 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Why is everyone all of the sudden race obsessed? I don't remember it being like this 5-10 years ago.
It's really always been like this. The LA Riots, the OJ thing, then it came up again in Ferguson.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:30 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Black people should do whatever the hell they feel like doing. We don't have to explain to anyone why we do or don't support anything or anyone.

That's my answer.
agreed.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The Black SJW's don't seem to have any love for Asians or East Indians, for obvious reasons. Mainly because they've leapfrogged them (and Whites!). They also go back and forth with Hispanics depending on whether it's convenient. One thing I've never understood is how Blacks can be in favor of illegal immigration, or any immigration really, when all it does is cut down their voting power? As the Hispanic population continues to grow, the Black vote decreases in importance. The majority of the resources for minority communities will soon be headed the way of the Hispanics. Same with seats on school boards, city councils, state senates, etc. As Hispanic populations grow and grow, so does their voting power. Blacks, poor Black specifically, need to embrace mainstream society & become part of it, or they will end up similar to Native Americans culturally. I don't wish that on Black people, but if you look at the demographic shifts and do the math, that is where this is headed.
couple observations:

-when discussing "why are blacks______"....people immediately jump to Asians. Asians come to the US under differenct circumstances. Why is this even a comparison? Can we stop this?
-Asians have small population numbers, and they are ALLOWED to move freely up as they are both not a "threat" to whites and they are used as the model minority to put against blacks. Like you did.

And I don't see where you have answered whether or not blacks should advocate for other "people of color" seems as if you immediately tried to talk poorly of blacks and made no actual points.

Last edited by 8won6; 09-05-2017 at 12:43 PM..

Old 09-05-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
How would the blacks feel if native Americans rioted and demanded that the whites and blacks get out of their land (America)? The whites go back to Europe and the Blacks back to Africa. How would blacks feel about the native Americans' grievances?
Well, blacks didn't voluntarily come here. So if Native Americans want to spend money and labor setting us up in some other country, fine. Otherwise, it's a lost cause, when it comes to them making requests of blacks. And many native American tribes already allowed whites to claim native American, so are they going to waffle back and forth on deals they agreed to?

Old 09-05-2017, 12:39 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikithetiki View Post
Yep, that study doesn't look enrollment into four year universities but any type of college including two year or online universities. That poster also failed to mention that hispanics have one of the highest college and high school dropout rates.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...y-report-finds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethi...raduation/amp/
I'm sure there are a lot of Immigrants in the group, not long time Americans. Most everyone in my family, Anglo/Hispanic have degrees, both Bachelors and Masters. Kind of difficult to mix in recent Immigrants with people who have been here since Arizona was a Territory.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
LOL...that's why I stay out of these battles between whites and Hispanics. I don't give a damn about the immigration debate.
exactly! lol...it's funny because people on these forums often hit me with the "you're a liberal so you want immigration"...I stay out of other groups fights, unless it's something that will strategically help blacks. And even then I'm not going to be fully invested. Blacks have done enough helping its time for other groups to do some heavy lifting.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:26 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
I think the civil right movement didn't just benefit African Americans, but prompted gains for nearly all minority groups. So I think the black civil right leaders have fought for equality of all people.

Should black people be advocating for other persons of color? I think it depends on the individual. They make their own decisions.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the civil right movement didn't just benefit African Americans, but prompted gains for nearly all minority groups. So I think the black civil right leaders have fought for equality of all people.

Should black people be advocating for other persons of color? I think it depends on the individual. They make their own decisions.
Thank you for acknowledging that black civil rights leaders stood up for EVERYBODY that was oppressed and made the path easier for every minority group.

But that love has mostly been unrequited, and I'm sick of it. So I'll stand up for people that I feel are being bullied or marginalized if I see it, but as far as sticking my neck out for other races of people? Case by case basis.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
exactly! lol...it's funny because people on these forums often hit me with the "you're a liberal so you want immigration"...I stay out of other groups fights, unless it's something that will strategically help blacks. And even then I'm not going to be fully invested. Blacks have done enough helping its time for other groups to do some heavy lifting.
Yep. I'm just sticking up for my own at this point. Doesn't mean that I'll watch injustice happen and say nothing, but if I ain't feeling the love, I'm sitting it out.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:34 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Thank you for acknowledging that black civil rights leaders stood up for EVERYBODY that was oppressed and made the path easier for every minority group.

But that love has mostly been unrequited, and I'm sick of it. So I'll stand up for people that I feel are being bullied or marginalized if I see it, but as far as sticking my neck out for other races of people? Case by case basis.
Yep agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies