Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 12:56 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
My "slaves":

Look at how they toil. The oppression is bleeding through the images.

Also, to point out how pets with black fur look fantastic, especially out in the sun where their fur can shine. Photographers don't like them because they say they can't get all the features. I say, then you're not a good photographer.

Some people don't like pets with black fur because of superstitions. I think if someone actually believes that an animal with black fur is something evil, they shouldn't have any pet at all.

By the way, these brother and sister dogs were rescued (by me) when someone in Miami threw them out like trash. Like is being suggested that people do. They were 3 months old. Their sibling got hit by a car and killed. They would never have made it "out in the wild".

And also, spaying and neutering is beneficial for the pet, health wise: https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/gener...euter-your-pet
They are gorgeous. <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 12:57 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
They are gorgeous. <3
I agree. Those dogs couldn't look any happier and they are beautiful!!

Old 09-17-2017, 01:28 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
They are gorgeous. <3
Yes they are.

The last dog I dogsat was my brother's first, a Golden crossed with a Samoyed/Norwegian Elkhound mix. Looked like a Black Lab. Sweet dog, utterly devoted to me, which was strange because he wasn't mine, yet any time I was around he Velcroed himself to me.

He was also the only dog my parents allowed me to walk by myself after dark. Probably based on the few times my brother said he did show that he had a protective side, even if his normal personality was a canine goofball.

Miss that dog. He crossed the Bridge right before Christmas 2003.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:03 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
How would you avoid that? Walk around with hired mercenaries? Stay at home 24/7/365?
Live/work in an area where there aren't many public assistance recipients. That, of course, would mean avoiding major US cities.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Than they should just admit that they think they are better, more pefect pet owners than anyone else could possibly be, and simply keep the dogs for the rest of their lives, rather than find homes for them.
Think too - that rescuers often see the worst of the worst. The worst of what humanity has to offer in terms of treatment of their dogs.

That makes them extra careful.

I don't think a fenced yard is necessary for most breeds to be happy; but it is highly recommended for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
My "slaves":

Look at how they toil. The oppression is bleeding through the images.

Also, to point out how pets with black fur look fantastic, especially out in the sun where their fur can shine. Photographers don't like them because they say they can't get all the features. I say, then you're not a good photographer.

Some people don't like pets with black fur because of superstitions. I think if someone actually believes that an animal with black fur is something evil, they shouldn't have any pet at all.

By the way, these brother and sister dogs were rescued (by me) when someone in Miami threw them out like trash. Like is being suggested that people do. They were 3 months old. Their sibling got hit by a car and killed. They would never have made it "out in the wild".

They look strong, healthy and happy.

And also, spaying and neutering is beneficial for the pet, health wise: https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/gener...euter-your-pet

Old 09-17-2017, 02:32 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Live/work in an area where there aren't many public assistance recipients. That, of course, would mean avoiding major US cities.
My job requires living in a major city, unless I wanted to go back to OTR, which I don't, plus I like having tons of amenities at my doorstep rather than having to drive 50 miles

Old 09-17-2017, 02:42 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,251,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
What? purebred dogs and cats are weak and inbred. You like this? Pathetic, sick.
Only inbred if a bad breeder. Good breeders mate between their stock to keep inbred from happening. And weak? I have two purebred Malamutes that would love to pull your face off for calling them weak (only thing stopping them is like all Malamutes, they love humans too much).

Are there some BAD breeders yes, but if you think that there are non-purebred that are not inbred you need to get a good education on the lives of stray dogs.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:48 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Honest question, I really don't know. What's the difference between a puppy mill and a breeder besides semantics? Both breed dogs for profit.

You really should educate yourself before chastising and calling dog owners hypocrites.

This is an example of a puppy mill. I can personally attest to the condition of the dogs in puppy mills and backyard breeding enterprises being similar to those in the video. I have fostered quite a few adult dogs rescued from these environments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C-GPz5hNTaY

Old 09-17-2017, 02:49 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
My job requires living in a major city
I sincerely doubt that, unless you're a public employee.

Quote:
unless I wanted to go back to OTR, which I don't, plus I like having tons of amenities at my doorstep rather than having to drive 50 miles
Again, that's a CHOICE you are making. Live/work among those who will mug/riot when their public assistance is cut off, or don't.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:54 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You really should educate yourself before chastising and calling dog owners hypocrites.

This is an example of a puppy mill. I can personally attest to the condition of the dogs in puppy mills and backyard breeding enterprises being similar to those in the video. I have fostered quite a few adult dogs rescued from these environments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C-GPz5hNTaY
These "puppy mills" should be prohibited, period.
The purebreds should be raised in loving families, and families only, and bred through kennel clubs.
Yes, their price will skyrocket because of that, then more mutts will finally find homes.
HUMANITY OVER PROFITS!!!!

Last edited by erasure; 09-17-2017 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies