Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 10:53 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Do you people whine this much when a cow is punched in the skull with a captive bolt stunner and has it's throat slit all while still alive to start the butchering process for our steaks and hamburgers?

I sense a lot of hypocrisy here
No hypocrite here. Fight one battle at a time and this battle is about dogs and puppymills. Distracting from the immediate topic doesn't change anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 10:55 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
No hypocrite here. Fight one battle at a time and this battle is about dogs and puppymills. Distracting from the immediate topic doesn't change anything.
I'm not distracting from anything, I just happen to think that anyone who isn't a vegan and who owns anything with leather is selective in which animals they cry over

Old 09-17-2017, 10:58 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
I'm not distracting from anything, I just happen to think that anyone who isn't a vegan and who owns anything with leather is selective in which animals they cry over
Well at least your thinking about it.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:59 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Let me help you learn something new today - it's called the Serenity prayer.
It goes like this -

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference."

The last part is particularly important.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:46 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post

Quote:

You have a point, and I acknowledge it. People probably do get more riled up about the treatment of animals they are accustomed to as thinking of as pets or family members than those they consider food. On the other hand, while I am not vegan, I think factory farming is horrible, and I try to get meat and eggs that are not produced that way whenever I can. If stricter laws would reduce the suffering and make such items easier to find, I would support them. If it meant a price increase, I would eat less meat, and probably be healthier for it.

I suspect one thing that is bothering people here is what appears to be your hostility to dogs other than Pugs and Frenchies. I get that they are your favorite breeds, but what's up with the disparaging remarks about "stupid mutts?"

Old 09-18-2017, 12:06 AM

3,073 posts, read 1,682,636 times
More damn California regulations.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:32 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
People make the mistake of only looking at the upfront cost without realizing that often buying a puppy from a pet store results in increased veterinary bills long term due to poor breeding.
Agreed. From what I've read over the long haul it could easily be cheaper to buy from a breeder because of the heralthier dogs they have. It always pays to look ahead at future costs.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Your posts are such a laugh. Because you say so. You're wrong way to often. To even think that is laughable. Of course a pet store is cheaper.
Here's your silly thought process on this. The breeder has healthier dogs, less chance of a mix bred, return guarantee, and you know the lineage. They take extra care placing the dog. Yet you say they cost less than what one gets at a pet store.
That's what people do right? Go for a lower quality dog and pay a higher price.

Let’s do the math. A $900 dog from a puppy mill costs 21 cents a day over the puppy’s 12-year life span. A $2,000 dog from a quality breeder costs 45 cents a day. The difference is less than a quarter a day. And what does that 24 cents buy for your dog? A small handful of supermarket kibble.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/allenst.../#41d661ac5e2d

If you decide on pet store purchase, the cost will be lower.
https://www.creditloan.com/blog/how-...in-a-lifetime/

lol you make such silly statements. The puppy mills arent the only other way to get a snob dog. Keep trying though.
You are the one who makes no sense. One can ABSOLUTELY get a dog from a breeder that is cheaper than a pet store puppy who comes from a puppy mill.

Duh.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:36 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
yep. more government overreach from the government.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You have a point, and I acknowledge it. People probably do get more riled up about the treatment of animals they are accustomed to as thinking of as pets or family members than those they consider food. On the other hand, while I am not vegan, I think factory farming is horrible, and I try to get meat and eggs that are not produced that way whenever I can. If stricter laws would reduce the suffering and make such items easier to find, I would support them. If it meant a price increase, I would eat less meat, and probably be healthier for it.

I suspect one thing that is bothering people here is what appears to be your hostility to dogs other than Pugs and Frenchies. I get that they are your favorite breeds, but what's up with the disparaging remarks about "stupid mutts?"
I feel this law will drastically force up the cost of desirable breeds to where only the wealthy will be able to afford them, because it will drastically reduce the supply.

And I wouldn't want to be forced to own a mutt, I've never wanted a mutt. I only like three breeds of dog: pug, French Bulldog and English Bulldog. These are already pricy enough as it is. If the supply is cut down, price will go up and up.

Sad thing is that I am a liberal, if any of you have followed my posting history here, but I just can't agree with this law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies