Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2017, 09:16 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This healthcare bill will kill many Republicans and here is why:

Good luck rural America! Should this bill pass, you won't need insurance or Medicare because you won't have access to medical care without traveling hundreds of miles.
Republican voters have been voting against their own interests for decades now. Don't expect that to change any time soon. When all of their hospitals disappear the GOP will do one of two things. They'll blame the Democrats, and their ignorant and ill-informed constituents will believe it; or they'll yell ABORTION!! GAYS!! WAR ON CHRISTMAS!! to distract them. The suckers fall for it every time.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:06 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
John McCain hates America.
Amazing how many Americans hate America if "repeal and replace" is not what they think is good for America...

Old 09-23-2017, 11:24 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
If there is one thing I have learned from participating in this forum...

No matter how good my intentions, how good my ideas, how strong my arguments, no matter what I said or did, there would be lots of people who would be calling me a liar, corrupt, an enemy of the people. Not sure where to go with that. I have no trouble criticizing politicians for my reasons too, but when I read all manner of characterization to describe how people disagree with others -- about the fundamentals -- I don't know how these politicians do what they do, or how they can be expected to do what they do given how Americans understand and respond to what is going on around them.

Reminds me of a teacher who can't control her class of unruly students no matter what she is trying to say. More and more that's what political "open house" sessions are starting to look like, to a point where I think the connection between politicians and citizens is going to get more and more censored and segregated, if not ended entirely.

Sometimes I wonder how we function as a society at all, let alone as a government, especially some mornings after bothering with these threads...

Old 09-23-2017, 12:08 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I hope that this latest bill passes so the Trupians are ecstatic over their Fearless leader filling HIS promise to dismiss the hated Obamacare. I expect the results will not be what they expected. When they realize that their father cannot get any medical insurance due to his preexisting lung cancer or they will have to pay for their own surgery after they wreaked they motorcycle while expressing their freedom not to wear a helmet they may be a bit disillusioned with their Fearless Leader.

After this happens I wonder if they will be less willing to vote for Congress Critters that pulled this fast one on them?.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:47 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Default Do People Bad-Mouthing Senator McCain on Healthcare Acknowledge His Reasoning?!

"I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal . I believe we could do better working 5ogether, Republicans and Democrats, and have not yet really tried" - John McCain

PUTTING AMERICA BEFORE PARTY, Senator McCain would rather have elected officials from both sides of the aisle work together (what a concept) and come up with a plan that EVERYONE agrees is whats best for our country.

Most Trump supporters hate anybody who doesn't agree with the Donald, I get that. But can anyone who actually understands these complex issues facing our country disagree that input from bith Democrats and Republicans working together is by far our best option?!

And I don't care about who did what in the past, I'm talking about what is going on right now on capital hill...today. What happened in the past can't be changed.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:50 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Reasoning? He is a statist and thinks the govt should make our healthcare choices for us....other than that, brain cancer?

Old 09-23-2017, 12:52 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
trumpers are blinded by their allegiance to Agent Orange. If Donnie Little Hands says something, they hop on board that train. They are incapable of thinking for themselves. Sadly, they seem happy this way. Sheeple.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:54 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Reasoning? He is a statist and thinks the govt should make our healthcare choices for us....other than that, brain cancer?
You do understand that the Graham-Cassidy bill only shifts which government is responsible for healthcare, right?

It's just a different [and worse] version of the ACA, for the most part. Voting for it would also be a contradiction of values if you oppose publicly funded healthcare, yes?

I mean, that was Rand Paul's reasoning.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:54 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Since when does putting Americans first entail an expensive, inefficicent healthcare system? McCain is a scumbag.
Since when is allowing the free market, which drives down prices and increases quality a bad thing? How many more examples does one need to understand governmentr run= failure?
Boobus doesn't learn.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:55 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
trumpers are blinded by their allegiance to Agent Orange.
We don't actually know if Agent Orange (the chemical defoliant used in the Vietnam War, not the politician) is what caused McCain's brain cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies