Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 03:18 PM

526 posts, read 386,110 times

Advertisements

He opened fire at an elementary school?

If I started a thread with that ****ty of a title as an outright lie, I'd be way too embarrassed to have made such a smarmy mistake and then would delete it.

Apparently political hacks know no shame.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:18 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Many people use them to hunt hogs. AKs too. Matter of fact my girlfriend and I are going hog hunting this coming weekend.
Did you know Remington makes an AR for deer hunting?
Long before they did, I built an AR for a girl I was dating at the time to go deer hunting. Chambered in 308. She took her first deer with it. Far more accurate than a Remington 700 series rifle. Shot groups 3/16th of an inch at 100 yards, while the bolt guns were coming in around 1 inch to 1 and a 1/4.
That is the worst justification for owning an AR15 that I have ever heard in my life.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:20 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm 71 and I still shoot so the story fails to impress me but I seriously doubt if the teacher I am talking about has ever held a gun, let alone shoot one. The real point is that it's a stupid idea to arm teachers, if someone comes in wearing body armor and firing a semi-auto rifle no teacher is going to be able to do a damned thing except try to get cover, which by the way is the same thing a Police Officer would do in that situation, otherwise you'd be dead before you finished standing up We are talking about real life here, not a mission in Call of Duty
What is call of duty?

That is why I said arm and train, arm and train.
Wouldn't have to be mandatory. Can be Optional. I was a student once, following 9/11.

I'd have been more at comfort knowing a teacher was armed and able to defend the class room I was in. Following the first lockdown drill my school had, I asked the same thing. The gasp hear round the world in that auditorium, must have resonated some common sense to the admin and the superintendent as the following year we got 2 NY state troopers in. Student resource officers. And they were armed.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
That is the worst justification for owning an AR15 that I have ever heard in my life.
Good thing it's not a bill of justification...

Why is it the worst "justification" by the way?

Old 11-15-2017, 03:24 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,165 times
Quote:
You choose to drive a car, but you did not choose to be broadsided and turned into what looked like had been fed through a meat grinder. Your risks of being involved in a fatal car accident is 365% higher than that of being shot. In fact your risk of being shot is 0.003%

You chose to eat what you eat, but that's okay if you clog your arteries or ingest the chemicals added.

You choose to consume alcohol at your leisure.

Why can't someone own what they want to own? Why do you choose not to be armed to thwart a would be mass murderer?

You have no problem with becoming a statistic on the road. You have no problem ingesting whatever.
If I don't get in a car, I can't be in a car accident. If I don't drink alcohol I run no risk of alcohol poisoning.

If I own a gun I can be shot and killed in cold blood, if I don't own a gun I can be shot in killed in cold blood. If I am in a safe neighborhood I can be shot and killed in cold blood....are you beginning to get my point...

I am under the tyranny of gun owners, we all are.

Quote:
You have no legitimate basis for preserving life if your answer is to impose stricter legislation on law abiding citizens. Our intent is to defend property, life, liberty. Be it from home invaders, rapists, kidnappers, armed psychos, and tyranny.
If that is your intent then you are horrible at it.

Quote:
Our intent is to enjoy a hobby-building them, hand loading ammo for more consistency and accuracy.
Then get a new and better hobby.

Quote:
Our intent is to put food on the table-why pay for pork chops at 2.99 per lb when 1 AR15 plus ammo at .28-.32 cents per round, I can take wild hogs and get more meat?
Its cheaper to buy it from the store when all things are factored.

Quote:
Our intent is to encourage others to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights and obey the law and follow safe practices, especially when it comes to children. Remove the allure that guns are "forbidden fruit" and "taboo" teach them young (like my father taught me when I was 5) and they grow to be responsible in the future, as they will not partake in behaviors that would result in the loss of their rights to own firearms.
Sounds more like brainwashed.

Quote:
Why is your issue with us? Why do you feel we are a legitimate threat to you?
9,000 murdered people a year is my issue with you guys. All because your stupid paranoid fetish.

Quote:
Are you a criminal? A psycho? A wild hog or other game worth hunting? Why do you feel you can dictate your will onto others?
Yeah only criminals, psycho and hogs are killed by guns. Just ask the people in Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Columbine, and Virginia Tech

Old 11-15-2017, 03:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Talk to the guy right above your post, who lives in the U.K. That sense of security is not false. Yours is, believing that your guns are going to make you safe.
If you say so, oh and yes they along with several dogs, security sensors, cameras and good fences and locked gates all help keep me safe. Where I live the average response time for the Sherriff to respond is 20 minutes, that is way to long in a serious situation. You can own a gun if you want or not, that is your choice, but where I draw the line is with you wanting to take that choice away from me. Go deal with the real issue, mental illness, something all these mass shooters have in common, and then deal with all criminals that do not care spit for laws controlling gun ownership, once you do that, guns will not longer e so scary for you. One last thought, not all the guns I own are for defensive purposes, though all of them can be used for, but most are for hunting purposes, something else I am sure you have little knowledge or experience with.
Your Rights end right where My Rights begin, do not even think about trying to take My Constitutional Rights away, I promise you will not like how that works out.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
No justification needed, it is their Right to own one, if you do not want one then do not get one, so simple.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
sure is, but it's a lot harder to kill dozens of people with than an AR15, dontcha think?
Never heard of an AR10, how about an M1A, maybe an AK47? Oppps

Old 11-15-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
If I don't get in a car, I can't be in a car accident. If I don't drink alcohol I run no risk of alcohol poisoning.

If I own a gun I can be shot and killed in cold blood, if I don't own a gun I can be shot in killed in cold blood. If I am in a safe neighborhood I can be shot and killed in cold blood....are you beginning to get my point...
You can be run over on a sidewalk. In a cross walk. As those numbers (35,092) do include Pedestrians and bicyclists...
If you own a gun you stand a fighting chance against someone willing to harm to you and yours.

Quote:
I am under the tyranny of gun owners, we all are.
Your under something, possibly the influence of a psychedelic drug to have quite the outlook you have. Especially not being able to differentiate between a law abiding gun owner and criminal/psycho.

Quote:
If that is your intent then you are horrible at it.
Beings I haven't encountered a mass shooter, a rapist, kidnapper, car jacker yet...
But if you're implying the guy who responded to the church shooting, keep in mind, hes a responsible gun owner who kept no magazines loaded and his rifle in the safe.

Can't complain there, afterall your side doesn't believe in keeping weapons ready, your side believes they belong in a safe. And his rifle was in a safe. Nor does your side believe in keeping magazines loaded and ready. He had to load his...

Good guys with a gun defeat bad guys with a gun. Some are your neighbors, some wear a uniform and a badge.

Quote:
Then get a new and better hobby.
Unfortunately there are no dirt oval tracks to race stock cars at unless you'd like to fund one for me...

Quote:
Its cheaper to buy it from the store when all things are factored.
No. It's 15 minutes to where I hunt due to no traffic. Another 10 minutes to hike out to stalk, usually find about 5-10 and dispatch 2-3 at a time. I bag more pork with a rifle for pennies on the dollar.

Quote:
Sounds more like brainwashed.
Brainwashed? Coming from someone who can't differentiate law abiding citizens that choose to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, from criminals/psychos? And I'm brainwashed?

Quote:
9,000 murdered people a year is my issue with you guys. All because your stupid paranoid fetish.
Wrong, your problem is with the same scumbags we have a problem with. And if you can not differentiate a law abiding gun owner from a psycho or from criminal, with evil intent...

Quote:
Yeah only criminals, psycho and hogs are killed by guns. Just ask the people in Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, Columbine, and Virginia Tech
wouldn't it stand to reason to enact a national stand your ground law with no duty to retreat especially in the defense of life and fellow man? Wouldn't it stand then that gun free zones are ineffective and that when you remove the incentive to carry out heinous acts by allowing citizens to act upon evil without solely relying on 911?

I'm being realistic with the times here. You're simply scared out of your mind being unhinged with a feeble attempt here and there to mock or attack me. You refuse to change the in effective safeguard of gun free zones and relying solely on 911. I'm acknowledging the world isn't rainbows unicorns and puppy dogs. I'm willing and able to defend life property and liberty. I choose to.

Explain why, when my parents were in school, their generation could carry their guns in their vehicles and no mass shootings occured like there exists with Columbine and Sandy Hook...

I wonder if having the ability to run out and get a gun to fend off a would be attacker had something to do with it along with a society that didn't embrace violence in entertainment. I'm leaning towards having firearms close by and at the ready played a factor...

Old 11-15-2017, 03:54 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:

I have two. I need to justify owning them? Well, it's not a justification but here goes. It is and has been the service rifle of our armed forces. Citizens have always owned and utilized the issue rifle of the military. All the way back to muskets. We were limited to semi auto only versions starting with the M14 in the 1950s.

We also have had to buy commercial rifles because the government has been caving and gutted the CMP. We should be able to obtain surplus rifles and handguns via that agency modified to semi auto only.

The AR 15 is used in competition heavily. The job the CMP is supposed to do is to properly train citizens in the use of firearms, specifically both past and present service rifles and handguns. It still does but in a very diminished way. It's criminal to my mind what's been done to it.

At any rate, neither I nor anyone else need justify owing a service style weapon. Our reasons are our own. But suffice it to say we are following a long standing way of life. We are not nut cases nor are we blind or insensitive to these shootings by madmen.

We have no more control over these creeps than the police do. And we don't want to be any less prepared for the possibility we may need to stand and deliver than the police are if we are the ones in danger. We live on the very same streets the police patrol. The likelihood one or more of us may be the people on scene well before the police is....better than average odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies