Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 05:38 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
It's all about trump, they are being paid to hate trump as much as possible, 1000 of people watching every move to make him look bad
Very true and every time they do so without merit as is seen daily, the left is losing votes!

Obama's kids are off limit but Baron Trump can be called autistic, dumb, weird and whatever more and when a picture of a beheaded Trump is shown, the left will bash Baron for not able to handle it as a joke!

The left is clearly showing what they are about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 05:52 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So now you are trying to twist it that using a slur is OK, as long as you don't point it at the person who the stereotype represents.

It would be like giving a speech at the Black Music Awards (or whatever) and making a reference about how Justin Bieber acts like an N-word. Then trying to justify it by saying "I was only insulting Bieber, the fact that I use your entire race as an analogy for a derogatory description doesn't count, since I didn't say it about you".

You guys quit defending it. Own it. You all don't have a problem with people being racist, unless you perceive it to be against whites. You all feel that "we took it from them fair and square. It's ours now, not yours. Get over it." Don't believe me, just read the comments in this discussion.

Unfortunately, I think Trump is perhaps the last nail in the coffin that contains what was once American Values.
I am not a Trump supporter. Also not a supporter of this victim mentality of the left. And I don't defend racists remarks that actually are racist remarks.

But now you are comparing the word Pocahontas to the N word? She was a real person and movies are named after her but now that word cannot be uttered by white people and calling another white person that is the same as the N word? I can't believe you actually wrote that.

Trump using Pocahontas regarding Warren is like giving a nickname skinny to a fat person. Just to point out the absurdity of her claiming to be a minority when clearly she is not. He did not come up with it, it was out there since her senate run.

I don't know or care what other white people believe but I don't play the victim card. If people say racist things about white people I don't run for cover in my safe space. Remember sticks and stones and words, etc etc. They are only words I really could care less. I believe you give more power to racists when you overreact to their racist comments.

Yes the Indians lost the land they were living on. It happened a long time ago when the world was more ruthless. Get over it. It was wrong but drudging it up all the time serves no valid purpose. Sorry but I don't like the woe is me attitude.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:29 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Not being eloquent and direct is very different from taking a lowbrow, self-centered potshot at a political opponent DURING an honor ceremony. If you can't tell the difference between choosing to indulge your petty, immature feelings of dislike while honoring Americans and accidentally putting your foot in your mouth over a turn of words, well, there's no hope for you. It's okay to like/love Trump and admit he was self-indulging here while he was supposed to be putting Native Americans' honor FIRST. He is just too much a narcissist to think of anyone in the room but himself. You are obviously right there with him.
Again we knew how he was before he was elected.
You should not assume people can not tell the difference nor should you assume just because one does not bash him continually for his lack of eloquence and restraint that they in support of his timing, remarks and lack of restraint.
Please dont expect me to find any credibility in the words of those who are so quick to judge him for his words and potshots when they themselves act likewise behind the anonymity of the internet in relentless judgement, name calling and accusations against the presidents demeanor.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
It was offensive to use the slur at a ceremony honoring Native American war heroes who helped our country tremendously! Also, another deliberately offensive thing Trump did was have these men stand right in front of a picture of Andrew Jackson, who slaughtered countless Native Americans and removed them from their lands.
I'm not native American so I don't understand how Pocahontas is necessarily a slur...more of a derogatory nickname for someone Trump doesn't like.

I agree with you about the portrait of Andrew Jackson...bad taste, for sure. I also don't like how Trump used the occasion to focus attention on himself yet again. He ruined the occasion for those being honored.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:50 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Guess you didn't read all the posts as to why she may have thought she was native american? She wasn't duplicitous at all. As with many of us, she believed what she was told by her parents and others. It wasn't until I took a DNA test through Ancestry.com that I became aware that I was less than one percent native american. I had been told by my mom and other elder family members that I had native american ancestry on both sides. They were wrong. It happens.
Oh come on. I have always been told my fathers mothers side was Cherokee. You can actually see it in my father and grandmothers red skin tone, black hair and high cheek bones. Maybe I am 1/32 Native American, maybe not. I'm just as much 1/32 Irish on my paternal grandpas side, English and French on the other side. But I did not claim minority status on and off thru my education and career to advance my chances of getting positions or advancement.

And how is using the term Pocahontas a racial slur but titling your book "POW WOW CHOW" not?

Old 11-29-2017, 07:59 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
It's all about trump, they are being paid to hate trump as much as possible, 1000 of people watching every move to make him look bad
Haha - he-he In your imaginary world maybe ...

It would be nice to be paid, but I do this for free, and willingly. Not because I hate him, I most certainly do not ... I do not respect him enough to hate him ... there's a little bit of pity mixed in with the disgust.

Pointing out Trump's flaws is not hard to do, Trump gives us all the material and I just run with it ...

Show me the money!
Attached Thumbnails
Liberals don't mind that Warren faked Indian ancestry, but VERY outragedthat President Trump made a public joke about it-money-cannot-buy.jpg   Liberals don't mind that Warren faked Indian ancestry, but VERY outragedthat President Trump made a public joke about it-t-business-acumen.jpg   Liberals don't mind that Warren faked Indian ancestry, but VERY outragedthat President Trump made a public joke about it-trophies.jpg  

Old 11-29-2017, 08:02 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times
He was there to honor the Navajo Veterans, not to discuss Elizabeth Warren's ancestry. The veterans were not amused. It was tasteless.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
lmao

pocahontas.com

Old 11-29-2017, 08:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Liberals don't mind that Warren faked Indian ancestry, but VERY outragedthat President Trump made a public joke about it
No one cares if she thinks she has indian blood, but the President is being a real jerk constantly resorting to name-calling and use of slurs. Now he is also tweeting some anti-muslim propaganda to stir them up. What an idiot.

Navajo Nation response to Trumps slurs:

They said it was “deep-seated, systematic ignorance of Native Americans.”

And: “The reckless appropriation of this term is deeply offensive and dangerous to the sovereignty of our identity of our peoples,”

And: “Such rhetoric is damaging, and it a serious infringement of our right to live as Native Americans."

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-29-2017 at 08:50 AM..

Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
turns out that President Trump knows that Liawatha is using Pocahontas.com as her Campaign donation site.
It redirects right to her official page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies