Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:19 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
It was offensive to use the slur at a ceremony honoring Native American war heroes who helped our country tremendously! Also, another deliberately offensive thing Trump did was have these men stand right in front of a picture of Andrew Jackson, who slaughtered countless Native Americans and removed them from their lands.
Both Elizabeth Warren and Andrew Jackson are Democrats, don't stop there, you are on a roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
I consider myself somewhat liberal. I can't stand Elizabeth Warren. Claimed to be she was something, she's not. Tried to ride on the affirmative action train. Tried to get benefits that weren't rightfully hers. She's whiter than a snowflake and has all the benefits of white privilege.

I side with Donald here.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:22 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Warren is always so full of rage, yelling, mean, does she ever get beyond that anger?

Old 11-29-2017, 02:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
she didn't FAKE having NA ancestry. she was told that by her family.

my own mother always told me that her mother was a Gypsy and one of the grandfathers was Russian.

is it true? who knows. I always took it at face value but when I did a DNA test it showed Polish lines (among others) but no Russian.

other than doing a DNA test, there was no reason to disbelieve my mother.

Ancestry even has an ad showing someone who was told they were one thing and it turned out to be untrue.

I wish people would stick to the truth instead of ramping up the hyperbole. 45 is a master at that and the CULT receives it as if it were the sacrament of Holy Communion.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:27 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I consider myself somewhat liberal. I can't stand Elizabeth Warren. Claimed to be she was something, she's not. Tried to ride on the affirmative action train. Tried to get benefits that weren't rightfully hers. She's whiter than a snowflake and has all the benefits of white privilege.

I side with Donald here.
you need to back those statements with proof and I don't mean breitbart or infowars.

otherwise, they are lies.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:29 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

I side with Donald here.
Cool story, except none of that's true. Elizabeth Warren never "lied" about her ancestry. She thought she had some Cherokee ancestry because that's what her parents told her. There's also no evidence she used it on her student applications to get into school. There's no evidence she received any benefit whatsoever from this claim.

You consider yourself "somewhat liberal" huh? If the rest of the contents of your post are any indication, I suspect that's a fiction as well.

**For the record, Trump said he was Swedish for decades, because his father told him he came from Swedish immigrants, when they were actually of German ancestry. It's really no different. #MakeDonaldDrumpfagain

Old 11-29-2017, 02:31 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,224,169 times
I disliked Dubya for being a President of poor quality.
Now that we have Trump as President we have an entire new standard to judge Bush by. Don't we?

Old 11-29-2017, 04:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
She wrote a cookbook called Pow Wow Chow and apparently she plagiarized much of the recipes in it. But she never claimed to be of Native American decent. Somehow the universities got that info out of thin air without her saying a word.

She is quite a piece of work. Warren and Trump are perfect adversaries.
Warren contributed one recipe to the cookbook. She did not write the entire cookbook.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:35 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
I'm baffled why this is a big deal other than the fact that he came out of Trump's mouth. He obviously meant it to be an insult but it was actually an unintentional compliment.
If Trump called me Pocahontas I'd be like I'm not Native American but thank you Ratcliffe.
It's actually a relevant name unbeknownst to his knowledge. People who fight against Trump like Warren are all Pocahontas. We are Pocahontas taking back our land from the Ratcliffes of the world.

Is it because it's offensive to Pocahontas because Warren did something wrong? I'm not familiar with Warren so I don't have an opinion on her but if that's the case I can't really argue with you because I can imagine that. It sounds like it's the latter though because you guys are saying that the Navajos find it to be a slur. I mean I get it because again coming from Trump it was probably meant to be a slur but secretly smile and don't say a word letting him think he's offended you. Don't actually get offended because that's playing right in the administration's hands.

This is exactly what Bill Maher was talking about. The Democrats/Liberals are getting upset at the minor things that he does instead of focusing on the big picture. The big picture is he has said and done so much worse (and will continue to) than call someone a name that is an unintentional compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Very true and every time they do so without merit as is seen daily, the left is losing votes!

Obama's kids are off limit but Baron Trump can be called autistic, dumb, weird and whatever more and when a picture of a beheaded Trump is shown, the left will bash Baron for not able to handle it as a joke!

The left is clearly showing what they are about!
I know this is the story you're writing in your head so I'd be hard pressed to change it but it's not that Obama's kids are off limits. There's nothing wrong with being autistic in fact a lot of autistic people can have more common sense than the NTS (not that there's anything wrong with being that either but I'm a proud neurodivergent which is why I hate when people say Donald Trump is autistic) People just think that Barron shows the signs of being ND while the Obamas seem more "normal".
I would be more worried about Barron and his father's relationship than that picture. When he grows up he will probably understand why that picture was done..though it was in poor taste.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:36 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were many very good reasons to elect her in Massachusetts other than her heritage, this was beaten to death by her senate opponent in the election. She didn't hide her Indian heritage, she just never used it to advantage. What proof that she was hired at Penn, Harvard or Texas, you are totally ignoring her extensive credentials.

Once again why is this brought up time after time in spite of the lack of evidence, are there no better issues to discuss.
The universities were desperate to add people of color to their staff. It would have worked in her favor to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies