Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2018, 06:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...SAAEgK6EPD_BwE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fb9d380fcc93

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/prog...trends#history
(see the second report, among others. You'll notice that immigration from Europe is significantly lower than from Asia, Africa, and the ME. It's VERY low from Scandinavian countries).
Oh, links that have absolutely zero support of the argument.

I take it you have no clue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
In what ways is the US similar to a country like Norway?

Do you think Norwegians share a love of Trump? Do you think they'd be willing to give up their universal healthcare in which no one goes broke? Do you think they'd give up their 6 weeks + of vacation time, a minimum of one year paid maternity/ paternity leave? Do you think they'd defend the 2nd Amendment, even after 20 Connecticut families buried their first graders?

Would you call them "libta*d snowflakes" because they fervently believe in the public good -- you know, those pathetic "collectivist" values I've seen you conservatives on here denigrate? Or would you welcome and accommodate their values?
Oh, I see, this comes from a case of TDS. Reduced mental capacity is a symptom.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Do you not know how to research anything? Try Google!
I guess you’re one of those people who believes all the world speaks English.

I’m nit going to copy and paste from pdf documents to an online translator all day to find this stats.

I know you hate facts, so it would probably upset you to learn any. Of course you don’t want someone from that country to actually show such demographic information. It would make you realize why social programs are less expensive in such countries.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Well said.
Technically, you said have said, “I love your opinion that is based upon your preconceived notions.”

Old 01-13-2018, 06:48 PM

6,381 posts, read 5,501,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
It was hyperbole to make a point. And it worked! Democrats have been gob smacked and they are teetering on their back foot ready to go down for the count.

There’s no point in importing inbred welfare recipients into this country. We already have enough.

And quite frankly we shouldn’t give a tinkers damn whether people from Norway want to come here or not.
Indeed. And they just voted for an orange-faced man-child for president because he said he'd protect them from brown people "taking over".

Old 01-13-2018, 06:51 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Indeed. And they just voted for an orange-faced man-child for president because he said he'd protect them from brown people "taking over".
Well, if you would prefer to see brown people "take over," you could always move to the places where brown people are already in control. But they seem to be places where people move from, not move to.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I say we let each state decide its own immigration policies.

I think it would be a hoot watching states like CA become third world s**holes.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:17 PM

6,381 posts, read 5,501,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well, if you would prefer to see brown people "take over," you could always move to the places where brown people are already in control. But they seem to be places where people move from, not move to.
I'm not worried.

I'm secure enough in my identity to not feel threatened by those who are different. I live in a county where whites are not the majority.

My ancestors (and probably yours) immigrated to this country when their homelands in Europe were "****holes" in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Folks who were already here panicked and warned of a "takeover" that would lead to the ultimate collapse of American society too.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I'm not worried.

I'm secure enough in my identity to not feel threatened by those who are different. I live in a county where whites are not the majority.

My ancestors (and probably yours) immigrated to this country when their homelands in Europe were "****holes" in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Folks who were already here panicked and warned of a "takeover" that would lead to the ultimate collapse of American society too.
We weren’t footing massively expensive social service programs for those coming in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:26 PM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
In Norway, you'll pay $23 for a single meal of Big Mac, soda and fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies