Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 04:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
lol. Only 2% of illegal aliens are doing farm work. How about those illegals who are using fake or stolen SS numbers or working for cash evading taxes and have taken a job that Americans have always done for a fair wage? Those are felonies. How about we get rid of the drug dealers and the rest of the illegal alien population? We can do both. It doesn't have to be a choice between the two.
Mandatory e-verify. Fine all businesses that are caught hiring illegals. Cheaper than a wall and would probably actually make money from the fines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 04:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't understand or read the topic heading?
I guess you don't understand the quote. All walls can be breached if someone want's it bad enough.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:06 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Some illegal drugs are coming in by the use of catapults. I'd bet an illegal could also be flung over a high wall in this manner.

You guys are grasping at straws, aren't you? How long before and if that happened do you think it would be stopped by the Border Patrol or some other method of detection?

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
US Commandos Unable To Scale Border Wall Prototypes In Tests

I find this OP title so disingenuous and much more Mis-informing.. BECAUSE, most cross border " Drugs" and no doubt special high paying types wander back and forth via " Tunnel's all decked out with Air Conditioning/ Lighting.. tracks with containers to funnel drugs and high profile BAD GUYS!

BTW~~Commando's unable to scale Walls seems rather dis-engenuous/ridiculous talking point .. because properly trained folks.. could and do figure that out.. Guess, those they hired weren't certified experienced types!!

LOL.. Commando's can't scale prototypes .. But, then ASSumes says ALL previous walls were a failure.. LOL.. BUT almost all Immigrant's crossing borders did NOT cross the border over WALLS.. But used other means.. Water/ etc. BUT WTF.. Illegal's crossing INTO USA is at it's lowest (negative) like for many decades!!

I wouldn't worry so much about illegals coming over some silly wall.. and ignore Inbound flights of foreign operatives.... or Drug Lords who have tunnel's and American people who may be helping them!!

I'D BE MORE WORRIED about Corporations who bring HB workers into Country and lose track of them and THEY Stay in US and Corporations are NOT held accountable!! Sure Blame desperate Refugee's and people fleeing horrific home conditions.. and NOT bother reign in BIG Business for allowing "Foreigners" entrance and allow them to stay because Once they get here.. DO not make sure They return to their home Country once their contract is completed!!

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
I guess you didn't understand or read the topic heading?
Seems pertinent to me. Can you verbalize why Patton's quote does not meet with your approval?

Old 01-19-2018, 04:07 PM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
lol. Only 2% of illegal aliens are doing farm work. How about those illegals who are using fake or stolen SS numbers or working for cash evading taxes and have taken a job that Americans have always done for a fair wage? Those are felonies. How about we get rid of the drug dealers and the rest of the illegal alien population? We can do both. It doesn't have to be a choice between the two.
How about if we lock up their employers, and make CEOs criminally liable ir their company hires them? How about five years minimum, no parole, and federally mandated?

If there are no jobs, they will self-deport at no cost or effort to the government. That will leave LE available to solve some real crimes.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I guess you don't understand the quote. All walls can be breached if someone want's it bad enough.

Perhaps a few but that would come to a screeching halt once detected. I wonder why those Commandos couldn't do it?

Old 01-19-2018, 04:08 PM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
You guys are grasping at straws, aren't you? How long before and if that happened do you think it would be stopped by the Border Patrol or some other method of detection?
How deep and lonhg do you think tunnels can be dug?

Old 01-19-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How about if we lock up their employers, and make CEOs criminally liable ir their company hires them? How about five years minimum, no parole, and federally mandated?

If there are no jobs, they will self-deport at no cost or effort to the government. That will leave LE available to solve some real crimes.

I'm all for holding any employers accountable for knowingly hiring illegal aliens in fact Trump has e-verify in his 2018 budget but jobs aren't the only incentives that bring illegal aliens here. Birthright citizenship and benefits do also. I don't see that ending soon. Also, criminals and terrorists aren't looking for work, thus the wall. Real crimes? Illegal immigration isn't a real crime especially considering the negative impact they have on our own citizens?

Old 01-19-2018, 04:12 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Fake number, it is 4% but they constitute at least 50% of all farm labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies