Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 05:20 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You hate the poor and yet have the audacity to claim that you care about them? Dont be silly. Automation has always happened, it is the backbone of economic growth and prosperity, and new type of jobs will be created as always happens. You are essentially arguing for feudalism. A permanent underclass people can look down upon to feel good about themselves. Thats the issue here. People making $14 an hour being convinced they should feel threatened by burger flippers making $10 an hour and demanding more.
Reading a chart must be very hard for you to do.

These jobs are going bye bye no matter how much you whine about a living wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 05:22 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Go away. You're giving me an headache.
Truth hurts doesn’t it?

If you don’t have anything constructive to say, go somewhere please.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:23 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
We already have peasants in this country, the ones who think the government will legislate them out of poverty on a burger flippers salary.
The reason you even live in a prosperous society is because the corrupt elites have been forced to give the people some more economic freedom and allow limited democracy and union power. If you had your way, a permanent oligarchy would form, stifling economic and political reform and steamrolling over people like yourself.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:24 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
Quote:
I’ve got some bad news dude, those jobs will be long gone before your minimum wage hike pipe dream ever becomes a reality.
Boy, and you can't wait can you? I bet you're salivating at the thought. Don't wish for it......... you may get more than you can cope with.

Get building those for profit jails. You'll need them.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:

These jobs are going bye bye no matter how much you whine about a living wage.
Thats right. They are going bye bye no matter what. So stop using that as an argument against a living wage!

Old 05-09-2018, 05:26 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Truth hurts doesn’t it?

If you don’t have anything constructive to say, go somewhere please.
How about you saying something new, instead of parroting the same old crap?

Old 05-09-2018, 05:27 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The reason you even live in a prosperous society is because the corrupt elites have been forced to give the people some more economic freedom and allow limited democracy and union power. If you had your way, a permanent oligarchy would form, stifling economic and political reform and steamrolling over people like yourself.
I live in a prosperous society because my ancestors were sold into slavery from West Africa by their own kings.

I’m prosperous because I do something this country needs done at more than minimum wage, where I don’t have to whine to politicians every other year for a pay raise.

I appreciate your concern.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:32 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Instead of keeping repeating this drivel, explain yourself. Why is working for $15 per hour more slave like than $7 per hour?

You seem to think folks would be happier working for peanuts. The rich hate and despise the poor. Same all over the world.

We have enriched folks like the Chinese, at the expense of our own people. America has been flooded with illegal immigrants, who work for peanuts. You think this is right? It sure doesn't help America's poor.

Yet, it has been allowed to happen as this suits the rich and powerful, who you seem to admire so much.

I said it once, and I'll repeat it. If the rich of cities like NYC want serving by underlings, then the underlings need to be able to live nearby, so they will be able to serve the rich their meals, and drinks, and all the other services the rich desire.

Not much to ask is it? That they earn enough to pay for shelter, and to feed themselves. You think they should live in tents in Central Park?
He(she) thinks making the employer pay more than 50 cents per hour makes the employer the slave 😒

Old 05-09-2018, 05:33 AM

Quote:
I live in a prosperous society because my ancestors were sold into slavery from West Africa by their own kings.

I’m prosperous because I do something this country needs done at more than minimum wage, where I don’t have to whine to politicians every other year for a pay raise.

I appreciate your concern.
Umm. No. Slavery does not bring prosperity. Thats just stupid. Oppression and slavery HURTS prosperity. Thats why countries that actually want reform have to give the people more freedom. Thats politics. You on the other hand promote oppression and slavery and drudgery and oligarchy.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:34 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Ordinary working people have been s**t on from a great height for decades now. Yet, we have people here saying they should be grateful for any crumbs off the rich man's table.

To me it's simple. Unless the rich of places like NYC want to stay home, cook for themselves, walk their dogs, clean their own toilets, drive themselves home when drunk, and a thousand other services that are provided by serfs, then said serfs need to be able to afford to live within range of their Lords and Masters.

Cities like London, which 40 years ago, were full of ordinary folks, are now enclaves for the rich, and the poor. Nothing in between. The ordinary working people have been driven out by the high cost of living in London.

The rich of London, are now served by the poor of Eastern Europe, who will live 20 to a house, as the only way they can afford the extortionate rents demanded by landlords. Bunk beds, and sleeping bags on floors. All so the rich can be served as they demand.

It's sickening, and I am fed up of hearing how their poverty is all their own fault, and go get a very expensive education so they can improve themselves.

Maybe folks here can talk rubbish to the young, who will nod at their superior knowledge. Don't try it with me, who remembers a very different time when we had strong unions to ensure working folks earned proper wages. The unions were destroyed deliberately, and gates opened to mass immigration to bring us to where we are today.

You think your government couldn't have stopped all the illegal immigration if they really wanted? It was allowed to happen because the rich wanted it, to suit their own ends. Ordinary working folks have been driven out of NYC, same as those in London. Now, we hear that they should be happy with $7 per hour, because that's all their working efforts are worth. Nobody should be expected to work for wages they can't live on. No one. There is no argument to support it beyond the rich despising the poor, and enjoying their plight. Just make sure they show respect to the rich. Disgusting.

Well, as automation gains more ground, you're going to have less work for the unskilled to do. Make sure you build lots more for profits prisons America - you're going to need them. Build your walls high rich folk, so you can have your parties in safety. The ones where you complain you can't get good help.
Margaret Thatcher and Jon Major were the worst for the working people of the UK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies