Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 01:04 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I provided you with a source, perhaps you missed it?

That's for standard immigration visa applications, not illegal entrants.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:25 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Default 22 year old pays $6000 to coyote to smuggle her to the USA

How can they pay such a fee? Political asylum? Really?
Honduran father reveals daughter was never separated from her mother | Daily Mail Online
Home doesn’t appear too bad.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFrtxfVpTGQ

Old 06-25-2018, 01:28 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, wow, Jesus taught us to obey the laws and not only that, but said, to pay taxes....

Romans 13:6-7
For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

Respect!
I posted numerous Biblical verses days ago on this thread. They are easy to find and understand. If you aren't afraid of being proven wrong, of course.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Immigration process today is NOT extremely difficult, that is bull and a mere excuse to not become a citizen. My girlfriend did it...and this is all a slap in the face to her, not to mention a lousy excuse not to.
https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...-just-get-line

The incredibly complicated process behind legal immigration to the US - Business Insider

Old 06-25-2018, 01:31 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
Instead of spending billions of dollars for a useless wall, we should use the money to help build affordable housing not only for struggling Americans (which I agree, there are too many), but for the non-criminal, undocumented immigrants who want to stay and work here. It’s great for the economy people, wake up!

Old 06-25-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
We have so so so many people right here in the U.S. who are in dire need of help...and yet, our churches and companies, even the monies we donate are farmed out to other countries....why?

When we have children who go to school without breakfast?

Children whose parents have been arrested and sent to jail and are now in foster care? Our own systems are broken, and yet, your church chooses to help others break the laws, rather than help our own.
My church helps the homeless. That would include Americans. My church helps the poor. That would include Americans.

Our school districts provide free breakfast and lunch for all students regardless of income.

Many children whose parents are in jail are in the care of family members.

Please know from which you speak before attempting another reply. Thank you.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I'm not the one bitc#ing and moaning about how we must feed,house and support ILLEGAL immigrants over our own citizens now am I?
I'm not the one bitc#ing and moaning about how heartless and cruel people are when they want these ILLEGAL immigrants (adults AND kids) sent back to where they came from now am I?
No but you ARE complaining that there are Americans who need help first. Just wondering what YOU are doing for THEM.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:46 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Wow just wow! many of these people are fleeing horrible conditions and are taking a chance with their own lives and that of their children because to stay would be certain harm or death. We are mistreating children that are already traumatized,does this not bother you as a human being?
I am not a Dem but, I certainly know whose fault this is. Trump administration devised all of this without any plan to fire up his base and blames it on the Dems. The GOP has full control so how the heck you can believe its the fault of dems is almost delusional. Using people as pawns belongs solely to Trump.
Face it friend, your president doesn't like black or brown people.
If constitutional rights to due process are removed it can and will eventually effect anyone who the leaders feel it should. It is going down a very slippery slope.
President Trump has accomplished getting Americans to begin to hate one another. I find that deplorable.

ORGANIZED. INVASION.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1HA01X

Old 06-25-2018, 01:47 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Please show in the Constitution where it says NON-Citizens have any/all said rights?
The Founders weren't dumb. When they chose to write "person" in parts of the constitution and "citizen" in others, they probably thought they were making their point pretty damn clear. Optimistic bunch.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:51 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Instead of spending billions of dollars for a useless wall, we should use the money to help build affordable housing not only for struggling Americans (which I agree, there are too many), but for the non-criminal, undocumented immigrants who want to stay and work here. It’s great for the economy people, wake up!
Build affordable housing. With whose money? At whose expense? Do we bother asking people if they want to "build affordable housing" for ILLEGAL, NOT UNDOCUMENTED, ILLEGAL, ALIENS, NOT IMMIGRANTS, ALIENS. Do we ask them, or do we just steal their money and "build affordable housing"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies