Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 11:38 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The kids can protect themselves. Government has denied them the ability, unconstitutionally.
People, regardless of age, have every right to keep & bear their own arms, for their own personal protection, no matter where they travel.
so, you're proposing a 'well regulated kids militia'?

ah, that pesky 'well regulated militia' part of the second that no one will address! it's like it doesn't even exist!

Old 05-21-2018, 11:43 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
why should I provide an answer to a whataboutism?

the subject is guns.

not knives
not rental trucks
not automobiles
not airplanes

not any of the other myriad ways humans are able to kill each other.

UNDERSTAND NOW?
The subject is school security.

UNDERSTAND NOW?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:45 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think, people should carry conceal in these public places that "allow" firearms.

Just remember, you're responsible for your own safety and the safety of your love ones; not your neighbor, not law enforcement, especially not our goverment.

Since 9/11 we haven't had a hijacking.

Why?

1. Airport security.

2. Armed pilots and reinforced cockpit doors

Do people think the airlines/governments solely depended on some silly law (that's meant to be broken) stating hijackers shouldn't use guns or other weapons to hijack planes? Lol right!

Another thing to remember: there hasn't been one law that hasn't been broken, and will continue to be broken. All laws are mostly geared for accountability, not prevention. People hell-bent on doing harm dont pause to think "this is against the law, I shouldn't do it". Only good people adhere to laws, not bad people.
I disagree about security theatre being the reason we haven't had a hijacking. That was a carefully-planned attack. Years in the making.

If someone wanted to do it again? They would.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:46 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
We protect our military bases, airports, banks, and George Soros' house by people with guns and you hardly see a mass shooting at those venues.

But concerts, schools, movie theaters, churches have little to no security which makes it an easy target for mass shooters.

Maybe it's time we need more armed guards or more open carry permits.

For further reading
Winner. I would also include metal detectors. YES - it's going to be expensive.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I know these things can happen outside a school. My point is schools have a duty to ensure a safe working environment. And I’ve always said some kid could do something outside of school with planning, but this would have an inhibiting effect. I can’t think of any other thing besides less media attention (probably impossible).
And kids not having access to guns would have a pretty significant inhibiting effect, as it's pretty hard to shoot someone with gun if you DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO GUNS.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
"We need prevention's. Threatening to charge parents isn't good enough. We need mechanisms in place just in case the kid gets into their parents gun safe."

How about just requiring police surv cams in everyones house? That way police can see what everyone is doing before these things happen, just imagine all the other crimes and violence that could be prevented if citizens were monitored and recorded 24/7, everywhere they go?
That's a tad dramatic, don't you think?

Why are people who are allegedly "responsible gun owners" so freaked at the idea of being required to be RESPONSIBLE with their guns?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:50 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I disagree about security theatre being the reason we haven't had a hijacking. That was a carefully-planned attack. Years in the making.

If someone wanted to do it again? They would.
I agree with this. Airline is very difficult to protect because of the endless threat vectors.

A school is much easier as there are finite number of threat vectors. Also the goal is not to say no student death. The goal is to minimize the death but maximize the difficulty.

Once the lunatics find out it's difficult to shoot up schools without being shot at, they would go murder their own family members instead.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I think, gun grabbers could care less about kids lives -"

Exactly, ALL the want to do is ban guns, PERIOD.
I don't want to ban guns. Not at all. I just want people who own guns to treat them with respect and to be responsible for them at all times.

If you are a cop and someone uses your gun to commit a crime, you lose your job.

Because you shouldn't have let anyone gain access to your service weapon.

Why not hold the public to that same standard?

If you cannot keep your kids from using your guns to commit crimes? You can go to jail with them.

You can be charged with a felony and lose your right to own guns.

Because you cannot treat them responsibly.

I fail to see why this would be such a horrible idea. Most people will never have kids who take their guns and kill folks with them, so they would never go to jail for it or lose their right to keep guns.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
"It's not really feasible."

It IS and IS being done and HAS BEN DONE FOR A WHILE in MANY schools .

I can't believe how utterly negative some of you can be.

Instead of LOOKING AT WHERE IT IS WORKING, you just make up excuse after excuse!

We hear, ALL THE TIME "sensible gun control" and when SENSIBLE things ARE BEING DONE, you ignore them!

Then you wonder why we do NOT listen to you!
It's expensive. There are too many entry points in most schools and it would take too long to get into the building between class changes.

Lots of schools already have metal detectors in higher-crime/urban areas.

Lots of schools already have armed officers. Santa Fe and Parkland both had resource officers who were armed.

My daughter's school has armed officers, in fact.

What is this grand proposal really going to do but cost additional money?

Old 05-21-2018, 11:54 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
We REALLY ARE smart enough to figue these "obstacles" out!
So far this year, your country has lost more children to gunfire in schools than you have soldiers on the battlefield. Could you figure things out a little faster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies