Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t
It would have helped resolve them 32 37.21%
It would have made them worse 54 62.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:37 PM

700 posts, read 638,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
1.) You called libertarians "Anti-American," when we're the only ones who actually represent what America itself was supposed represent.

2.) Assad didn't commit genocide against his own people; U.S. taxpayer-funded White Helmets (ISIS) did.
2a.) The U.S. installed literal neo-nazis in Ukraine, at U.S. taxpayer expense.
2b.) Most libertarians, especially ancaps, don't vote or other wise participate in the political process.

I only care about property rights and non-aggression. Stealing my income to fund an empire is an act of aggression against me. I really couldn't care less what other countries do, just as long as they don't threaten me directly.
1.) I didn't call all libertarians anti-American nor did I refer to libertarians who justifiably challenge America's crimes anti-American.
2.) Assad laid waste to entire cities and employed embargos, dumb bombs, and chemicals on innocents. You can park yourself at zerohedge and globalpost.ca and comfort yourself that "da white helmets" are responsible for Assad's atrocities but even the Russian government introduced a UN resolution which condemned "violence by all parties, including disproportionate use of force by Syrian authorities".
3.) Anarcho capitalists are nothing more than glorified hunter gatherers enjoying the fruits of structured governance and the tax-paying citizen while claiming "self-reliance".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 09:37 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Time for republicans to stop putting party before country and impeach traitor trump.

Moron is still bringing up Hillary's emails, even this weekend during his Putin lovefest

Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You don't know enough about what I think to arrive at any conclusion. I don't share anything in detail with random people on this forum.

You definitely post very pro-Trump I distinctly recall your strange posts during the campaign and after the election because they were so bizarre.
1. Most liberals on this forum are the same so I assume you are as well

2. I voted for Trump in Maryland, yes; but mainly in spite of Hillary. A lot of my pro-Trump posts then were trolling but I got enough suspensions so I decided to stop

3. None of this takes away from my main point

Old 07-16-2018, 09:46 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
The first capital of Rus' was Novgorod (or Staraya Ladoga) , not Kiev. Kiev was never the capital of the Russian state. Kiev was the first capital of Medieval or Kievan Rus' of which Ukrainians, Russians, and Belarusians trace their origination.
Please go and spread your "alternative history" lessons elsewhere))) Enough of this nonsense already

"Princely state within Kievan Rus'
In 882, Rurik's successor, Oleg of Novgorod, conquered Kiev and founded the state of Kievan Rus'. Novgorod's size as well as its political, economic, and cultural influence made it the second most important city in Kievan Rus'. According to a custom, the elder son and heir of the ruling Kievan monarch was sent to rule Novgorod even as a minor. When the ruling monarch had no such son, Novgorod was governed by posadniks, such as the legendary Gostomysl, Dobrynya, Konstantin, and Ostromir."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veliky_Novgorod

Old 07-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 4 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
I didn't vote because I think neither would help resolve or make them worse.

Trump simply should have canceled the meeting, for openers. Other nations' leaders cancel meetings with foreign rivals/adversaries for far less than what Russia likely did. Beyond this, Trump should instruct DoD, Intel services, etc. should:

- Beef up firewalls of election polling places and critical national infrastructure (defense is first).
- Launch a "real news" campaign at Russian internet sites.
- If possible, prepare a modern type of Stuxnet to take out Russia's internet infrastructure (against the government, oligarchs, and others as appropriate).

But, this is what a sensible president would do. Alas, we won't get another one for at least 2.5 more years. But at least there's November.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:56 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,957,978 times
As Trump continues to be the source of "fake news", the EU is distancing itself because they too now know that Trump is the source of "fake news". NATO has decided to allow Trump to say whatever he wants, and to simply carry on.

Trump's absence of diplomacy and knowledge doesn't appear important to people in the USA, instead they seem so eager to emotionally react to Trump's nonsense.

"Strange" is one of the words used at the NATO summit to describe Trump. Strange, in the EU, probably isn't a recoverable position without a medical note.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:03 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Stupid picture, stupid article, intended for flaming.

"But this is unfair to Chamberlain, who, although deeply wrongheaded, was in fact a serious and patriotic man. Trump’s performance in Helsinki was something else altogether, a performance so servile that we struggle to place it in context, because there are no parallels in the history of the American presidency."

Really?
Stupid subjects in the picture. Really.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:05 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,957,978 times
What do Trump's statements today have to do with some presidential candidate who was not elected?
The answer is nothing.

What he said today, that he believes Russia over USA security, is bizarre.
No reason to deflect.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:07 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's not irrelevant. We were choosing between Trump and Hillary. You can't vote for Hillary and then say that Trump isn't fit to be President because he did something that Hillary also did.
NOPE NOPE NOPE.

You were choosing between Trump and 15 other guys. You guys picked Trump and have been doubling down like bad gamblers ever since.

Look you guys made a mistake, step up and fix it instead of denying it.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:11 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
1.) I didn't call all libertarians anti-American nor did I refer to libertarians who justifiably challenge America's crimes anti-American.
2.) Assad laid waste to entire cities and employed embargos, dumb bombs, and chemicals on innocents. You can park yourself at zerohedge and globalpost.ca and comfort yourself that "da white helmets" are responsible for Assad's atrocities but even the Russian government introduced a UN resolution which condemned "violence by all parties, including disproportionate use of force by Syrian authorities".
3.) Anarcho capitalists are nothing more than glorified hunter gatherers enjoying the fruits of structured governance and the tax-paying citizen while claiming "self-reliance".
1.) "Anti-American libertarians" sure sounds like an accusation to me.
2.) Even mainstream websites and blogs refuted that Assad did it. And even if he did--it's not my problem.
3.) To the contrary, ancaps are the most evolved of all modern humans, as we realize that "structured governance" is a complete contradiction. We also only pay taxes because we are forced to do so, and would gladly secede from and refuse the State's services if given the option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies