Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t
It would have helped resolve them 32 37.21%
It would have made them worse 54 62.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 07:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times

Advertisements

No real choices in your poll. I'll take Being Manipulated by Dictators for 45, Alex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 07:45 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Are you aware we do the same to them and other countries?
Are you aware what trump just did to the US? Instead of putting America first, Trump put himself and Putin first. Do you have a problem with that?

BTW, are you a CIA agent?

Old 07-16-2018, 07:46 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
The only pseudo American I v heard of that supports radical oligarchs is Paul Manafort. And we don't like him.

Still as long as Russia continues to be a state that murders its rivals on its own soil and extends such to that of our allies, and most likely here in the US.....yah, no respect from America.

That is why Trump will go bye bye now. He doesn't care tho seriously? He s got shelter set up in Russia for he, Jr, and Ivanka, and Tiffany.

If Pence trys to pardon a known traitor to America, he 'll go too.

Wait for it.
Oh you'd like to fix this misfortune? I see.
But it's easy.
Return all the wealth embezzled from Russia and hidden in foreign banks/offshore accounts/real estates with the help of oligarchy, installed in Russia with the help of Clintons - return it all to the Communist party of the Russian Federation and Russian people. Return it in such way, that it wouldn't fall back into Putin's hands and his cronies.
Problem solved.
But this is not gonna happen, is it?
There will be a lot of whining instead about the "evilness of Russia," innit?
Because it feels so much better to be righteous for all the wrong reasons.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:46 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No real choices in your poll. I'll take Being Manipulated by Dictators for 45, Alex.
How. Admitting to facts?

Learn about your own country. Obama, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, these people are evil. They have worked to destroy countries around the world including Russia.

Do you even know what happened in Ukraine or Syria?

Old 07-16-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are you aware what trump just did to the US? Instead of putting America first, Trump put himself and Putin first. Do you have a problem with that?

How?

Tell me how, by admitting to a fact?

Get off MSNBC and other war propaganda and tell me.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:49 PM

26,784 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Some people actually put truth and decency first, relying on a true cold facts.

Even if it goes against "America first."

Old 07-16-2018, 07:50 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because Trump is not taking a hardline with Putin.
In 2017 Trump signed an appropriations bill that not only furthered Obama-era policies regarding Russian expansionism, but explicitly singled out Russian culpability in unsettling other post-Soviet states. The massive bill devoted an entire section to “countering Russian influence and aggression.” Unlike prior appropriation bills, the new law specifically describes Russia’s ongoing occupation of the Georgian provinces of Abkhazia and South Ossetia as just that: occupation. Unlike bills in 2015 and 2016, the 2017 version notes that none “of the funds appropriated by this Act may be made available for assistance [to a country that] has recognized the independence of, or has established diplomatic relations with, the Russian occupied Georgian territories of Abkhazia and Tskhinvali Region/South Ossetia.”

...the expulsion from the U.S. of 60 Russian diplomats and the shuttering of the Russian consulate in Seattle reminds us that the media obsession with the Trump-Putin bromance hides the reality that U.S. government policy remains as tough on Russia as it was under Obama...

Trump approved the export to Ukraine’s military of lethal weapons, including American-made Javelin antitank missiles, to help Kiev's defense of eastern Ukraine against separatists backed by Moscow. Under Obama, the US provided Ukraine only support equipment and training. Trump also pushed for the US to sell more coal to energy-strapped Ukraine, a boon for coal miners who supported Trump’s candidacy and also for Ukraine, which is now less vulnerable to any winter cutoff of energy supplies. In Syria, US troops are present as much to limit Russian and Iranian influence on the country’s future as to fight the Islamic State.

Trump's push to get NATO allies to pay more seems to have been effective, and NATO looks stronger than before. Not the outcome Putin wanted.

Trump leveled financial and travel restrictions against 50 individuals accused of corruption and human-rights abuses ... Among those included on the sanctions lists were the son of Russian prosecutor general Yuri Chaika and Putin-backed strongman Ramzan Kadyrov, President of Chechnya.

Trump has taken actions to bolster NATO against Russian influence with increasing training and drills with US NATO partners. In 2018, DOD plans to increase European Deterrence Initiative spending by US$ 1.4 billion. NATO Secretary-General Stoltenberg said European members and Canada, amid pressure from Trump, spent 5% more on defense in 2017 compared to 2016.

Quote:
If any Democratic President conducted themselves like this you would all say that they are apologizing to Russia.
No, I would not.

I want better relations with Russia. I do not want Russia to be an enemy. We don't need enemies.

Quote:
That's what Trump did -- he apologized to Russia for the USA being upset with their meddling in the election, Crimea, being a brutal regime for killing critics.
He's trying to improve relations. He's using actions that are a stick, and words that are a carrot.

Crimea? I'm not sure that that should not be Russian. Before the Nazi comparisons, the fact is, mant nations have done the same or similar. The Brits flooded Northern Ireland with proddie Scotsmen, the Chinese flooded Tibet and Xinjiang with Han Chinese, The US flooded America with Anglos and other European settlers, Canada did the same, Australia, New Zealand...

Quote:
I just don't know how you justify that.
How I justify wanting better relations with the nation with which we fought an enormously expensive cold war? I don't know how you can justify trying to keep Russia an enemy.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Some people actually put truth and decency first, relying on a true cold facts.

Even if it goes against "America first."
These ‘liberals’ are extreme right wing nationalists who take any criticism of the state as treason.

These people, Brennan, NBC, and all their friends are the fascists.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:55 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
I wonder if some of the posters here are paid in Rubles..... The non stop propaganda and defense of Putin, Trump and the FSB is unreal.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:00 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Yet another example of why libertarians are the only ones who ever make sense:

https://twitter.com/scotthortonshow/...90253346754560
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies