Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2018, 02:29 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,515,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Trump was livid when the Embassy moved to the other side of the Thames from his beloved, elitist Mayfair. Called Battersea "lousy" and "horrible". He's mad that he would not be able to stay in Embassy accommodations at the Mayfair building on state visits to London!
Well to be fair,given the choice I'd rather stay in Mayfair than Battersea.
Whatever you think about Trump he does have quite a lot of experience in real estate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 02:39 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Go and see for yourself then!
I can see for myself, I live here!! That's how I know its poppycock, I am the horses mouth!

Old 09-20-2018, 04:25 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
This was the warning I received when I announced my upcoming trip to friends and clients. "There are roving bands of Muslims", said one. "You won't even recognize London", said another. Then there are the news reports of the swarms of refugee rapists. Well, I just returned from my trip to Rome, San Marino, Venice, Monaco, Paris and London and I'm happy to report that all of the warnings are absolute BULLPUCKY. I walked ALL OVER these cities during my visit and I didn't see a single example of the supposed horrors that I was warned about, and I LOOKED for them. So, ignore the fear mongers and go ahead and book that vacation. You'll have a wonderful time. Just watch out for those obnoxious American tourists.
I lived in Brussels from 2014 to 2017. I would hear Americans talking about what a hell hole war zone Europe has become. Meanwhile, pretty much everywhere I went was safe and friendly.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:29 AM

27,198 posts, read 13,489,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I can see for myself, I live here!! That's how I know its poppycock, I am the horses mouth!

It's a Jungle out there.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I lived in Brussels from 2014 to 2017. I would hear Americans talking about what a hell hole war zone Europe has become. Meanwhile, pretty much everywhere I went was safe and friendly.
Lol...listening to Americans in Hayseedville, Nebraska opine on world events is always a riot. “Rush said it, so it must be true.â€

Old 09-20-2018, 11:57 AM

1,094 posts, read 499,898 times
I've worked in Europe and America and almost anywhere in Europe is much, much, much safer than almost any major city or even minor city in America. This is reflected in both violent and non-violent crime statistics, and in everyday experience, not to mention all the school shootings and mass shootings in the USA. Even if you look at just Muslim terrorism, the USA has been hit harder than any European country, 9/11 alone did more damage than all other terrorist attacks combined, then you also have Ft. Hood, Boston Marathon, the New York City attacks in 2017 with the van driver, Orlando, the lady being shot in Minnesota by the Somali cop (may well have been jihad-motivated some now think), the rapes of women and even little girls in places like Michigan, New Hampshire and Minnesota (just like Rotherham in England) and the San Bernardino attacks. Practically every US city is more dangerous than anywhere in Europe, even just looking at the tiny factor of terrorism, leave alone the much higher general crime rates in the US. (Not to mention the fact that most of the Muslims are having to leave Europe anyway, France's laws for example make it about impossible to practice the religion and in Germany the Syrians are being forced to leave).

Old 09-20-2018, 01:35 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,229,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Live where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

It's a Jungle out there.

Well of course they're not going to shoot a promotional travel video that reveals the reality that the English are a small minority of the people of London. Tourists aren't going to show up to a place which is majority Arab/black/indian.

People go to London because they want to see and partake of English culture and traditions, not the balkanized Middle East foreign mob with non-English clothing, language, accents, foods, customs, etc.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:39 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,229,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
I've worked in Europe and America and almost anywhere in Europe is much, much, much safer than almost any major city or even minor city in America. This is reflected in both violent and non-violent crime statistics, and in everyday experience, not to mention all the school shootings and mass shootings in the USA. Even if you look at just Muslim terrorism, the USA has been hit harder than any European country, 9/11 alone did more damage than all other terrorist attacks combined, then you also have Ft. Hood, Boston Marathon, the New York City attacks in 2017 with the van driver, Orlando, the lady being shot in Minnesota by the Somali cop (may well have been jihad-motivated some now think), the rapes of women and even little girls in places like Michigan, New Hampshire and Minnesota (just like Rotherham in England) and the San Bernardino attacks. Practically every US city is more dangerous than anywhere in Europe, even just looking at the tiny factor of terrorism, leave alone the much higher general crime rates in the US. (Not to mention the fact that most of the Muslims are having to leave Europe anyway, France's laws for example make it about impossible to practice the religion and in Germany the Syrians are being forced to leave).
Europe has until very recently had a mostly ethnically and culturally homogenous cultural mix, which is not the case for the US, which has had a permanent problematic underclass by virtue of the legacy of African slavery, and in the last 50 years the balkanization from the great White Genocide programs achieved by mass immigration of non-white Third World global poor.

If Europe can really expel the Muslims, then that's a good thing. I don't have any hope it will actually succeed.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Chicago has some jaw-dropping number of shootings.

Chicago had a record 55 million overnight visitors last year. They spend enormous sums on lodging, dining, shopping, and entertainment. They have no reasons to visit the 5/25 areas where most shootings occur and don't engage with gang members and therefore, don't get shot.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Live where?

Well of course they're not going to shoot a promotional travel video that reveals the reality that the English are a small minority of the people of London. Tourists aren't going to show up to a place which is majority Arab/black/indian.

People go to London because they want to see and partake of English culture and traditions, not the balkanized Middle East foreign mob with non-English clothing, language, accents, foods, customs, etc.
Guess that explains why no tourist go to Egypt or the Taj Mahal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies