Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 07:24 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Exactly, this claim she carefully sought out does as much or more to question any claim of Indian ancestry than strengthen it.
Yeah, she has not helped herself with this latest episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 07:26 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
My neighbors' Jeep Cherokee has more Native American blood than that imbecile Warren.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:29 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Still doesn't make her NA. African Americans and the vast majority of slave descendants in the Americas have European ancestry. Can we call ourselves white? That would be a monumental stretch.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizab...a-test-results
Many tribes use blood quantum to determine whether a person is a tribal member or not.

There are a lot of native Americans who are tribal members with no more indigenous blood in them than Warren these days. How much of the genetics qualifies a person is up to the individual tribe.

So- who's to say? For sure, the tribes maintain they are the ones that have the say of who is or who is not native American. How you or I feel about it is of no consequence.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:30 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
However, she never got any advantage from that even if she did list herself in a law professor's listing. The documents from her schools and confirm that they viewed her as a white woman.

And she did not LIE. She took her family's word on her heritage. I take my family's word also. Don't you?

Whether she gained any advantage or not is immaterial? You disagree? I mean, if a robber tries to hold up a bank, does he get off if he didn't actually get any money out of it?

She "identified" herself as Native American for some reason. Maybe just to impress people, who knows? I can't say what's in her heart but it doesn't strike me as "heritage pride" unless she can show where she actually walked the walk, learned and practiced NA customs and participated in NA culture.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:44 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Some days I love Twitter:

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1051839318426378242

Old 10-15-2018, 07:46 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So- who's to say? For sure, the tribes maintain they are the ones that have the say of who is or who is not native American. How you or I feel about it is of no consequence.

Have you seen how the tribes feel about Pocahontas' claims? They see here as a white woman making an illegitimate claim and disrespecting the honor of real Native Americans.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:47 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,253,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
My neighbors' Jeep Cherokee has more Native American blood than that imbecile Warren.
Lol. Amen.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Whether she gained any advantage or not is immaterial? You disagree? I mean, if a robber tries to hold up a bank, does he get off if he didn't actually get any money out of it?

She "identified" herself as Native American for some reason. Maybe just to impress people, who knows? I can't say what's in her heart but it doesn't strike me as "heritage pride" unless she can show where she actually walked the walk, learned and practiced NA customs and participated in NA culture.
Actually, several people she has gone camping with have testified that Warren does indeed build a little fire, and sits up close.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:51 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Still doesn't make her NA. African Americans and the vast majority of slave descendants in the Americas have European ancestry. Can we call ourselves white? That would be a monumental stretch.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elizab...a-test-results
Quantum blood isn't relevant due to whitewashing so yeah she's probably Indigenous. Untill recent history, many relatives wouldn't admit to being Native American due to racism.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:52 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
What personal advantage? She did not put it on college or job apps, and it only came up as a secondary item after she was hired at Harvard.
Don’t expect an answer, that would require facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies