Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 05:31 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Can you show me where the Democratic platform states anything about "open borders"?

Also, what do republicans plan on doing with employers that use illegal labor? Republicans never talk about the employers who cheat, just the illegals.

Thanks

The Democrats are for amnesty, sanctuary cities, non enforcement of our immigration laws internally, don't want the border secured with a wall and want to abolish ICE. That speaks open borders to anyone with half a brain.

The Republicans have introduced e-verify in the past but the Democrats didn't support it. Trump has e-verify in his 2019 budget. What are the odds that the Democrats won't pass it again? So you're wrong that the Republicans don't want to address the cheating employers and illegals are equally guilty of breaking the law, duh. Trump also reinstated the workplace raids which Obama ended. So you were saying?

What is the Democrats plain to tow in these employers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 06:16 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
I'm a life long democrat but even I'm continuously disappointed that democrats keep forcing illegal immigrants down the population's throats. You're not going to convince rust belt moderates who determine elections that illegal immigration is good and the more they continue to do this, the more they are going to lose. Taxes, health care, education, and other social services are issues that matter to me the most but democrats are making immigration the focal point of their platform which sidelines all the other issues.
Agreed. Dems need to focus on Americans and let those illegals fight their own battles in their own countries.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:27 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You don't tell them, you find them. And don't kid yourself, the majority of illegals live in California.

Will democrats get behind a bill that will make everify mandatory across the country, heavily fine employers, focus on finding and deporting illegals already in the country, removing ridiculous sanctuary laws?
Will republicans? Will farmers?

Old 10-22-2018, 06:29 PM

533 posts, read 642,960 times
Quote:
I'm a life long democrat but even I'm continuously disappointed that democrats keep forcing illegal immigrants down the population's throats. You're not going to convince rust belt moderates who determine elections that illegal immigration is good and the more they continue to do this, the more they are going to lose. Taxes, health care, education, and other social services are issues that matter to me the most but democrats are making immigration the focal point of their platform which sidelines all the other issues.
Couldn't agree more. They also need to stop making every issue about race.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Newsflash: Florida passed NY in population years ago.
Newsflash: the growth in FL ain't coming from trump friendly demographics lol

Old 10-22-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Democrats are for amnesty, sanctuary cities, non enforcement of our immigration laws internally, don't want the border secured with a wall and want to abolish ICE. That speaks open borders to anyone with half a brain.

The Republicans have introduced e-verify in the past but the Democrats didn't support it. Trump has e-verify in his 2019 budget. What are the odds that the Democrats won't pass it again? So you're wrong that the Republicans don't want to address the cheating employers and illegals are equally guilty of breaking the law, duh. Trump also reinstated the workplace raids which Obama ended. So you were saying?

What is the Democrats plain to tow in these employers?
Why should democrats do anything when republicans are in control and won't fix our reform immigration or crackdown on employers who use illegals? Everify is as effective as Republican efforts in gun regulation lmao.

Just like on the deficit, Republicans are also hypocrites on immigration
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arely-enforced

Last edited by chopchop0; 10-22-2018 at 07:18 PM..

Old 10-22-2018, 07:16 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Texas will not be blue for 30-40 years, and POTUS Trump won w/o CA or NY.

Newsflash: Florida passed NY in population years ago. Others will in the next few decades. NY State has de-populated.

Dems cant win POTUS w/o the Rust Belt and the wwc.
I don't know where you are getting your info from, but I would question its accuracy. Many of the major population centers of Texas have become very liberal in the last ten or so years. And yes, Hispanics vote for Dems, on average, at close to 80%.........guess which demographic is growing the fastest in Texas. TX, CA and NY............those are the top states as far as electoral-votes go, Blue or going that way.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I don't know where you are getting your info from, but I would question its accuracy. Many of the major population centers of Texas have become very liberal in the last ten or so years. And yes, Hispanics vote for Dems, on average, at close to 80%.........guess which demographic is growing the fastest in Texas. TX, CA and NY............those are the top states as far as electoral-votes go, Blue or going that way.
And fl. Trump just pissed off a bunch of Puerto Ricans in the last year who fled to FL and will be voting....

Old 10-22-2018, 07:20 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
I have said this same thing for a few years now. I can't imagine anyone wanting a flow of illegals into this country except the Democrat politicians.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:22 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Independents don't seem to think it is their number one priority. Jobs, healthcare, and rising wages ALL take precedence over immigration in the polls.

Republicans are laser-focused on immigration; but that does not mean everyone is.

That said, I like Beto O'Rourke's idea. Instead of spending all our money on middle-east never-ending WARS, why can't we help places like Guatemala to improve their infrastructure and THEIR economy so their people wont want to keep leaving to come here.

I like it.
You know, I see you spouting off these Democrat talking points all over this board and I am just curious how old you are? Were you even ALIVE during 911?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies