Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 06:39 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Irrelevant. College students frequently remain residents of their home states. Both of my kids did.
I was replying to a question you asked.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 07:00 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
http://flip.it/1_RYPZ

how do y'all feel about this ? i think gun owners are not a protected class so its the owners will to legally discriminate.

the roomates are obvious a-holes for rumaging thru her stuff while she was away.

this no different than my cousins who evicted a couple from his 3-family in somerville because they had a dog.

Newsflash: There's no such thing as a protected class when it comes to your own roommates.

Freedom of association wins the day.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:04 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,279 times
Why didn't she tell her roommates that she had a gun? Anyone living in a home should be told there are firearms on the premises. Clearly, she was hiding that fact from them. Wonder why.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:09 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Why didn't she tell her roommates that she had a gun? Anyone living in a home should be told there are firearms on the premises. Clearly, she was hiding that fact from them. Wonder why.
Yes, why? Is it illegal to own a gun? Should she tell them also if she donates to causes they disagree with?

Old 12-04-2018, 07:15 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Yes, why? Is it illegal to own a gun? Should she tell them also if she donates to causes they disagree with?
Anyone living in a home should be informed that there are firearms on the premises. She clearly hid that fact from her roommates. This has nothing to do with legality. Causes she donates to don't put her roommates in potential jeopardy; guns do. Get real.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
In your own home you have a choice....and a right to own or not.

Any Harvard grad that hasn't figured out that it would be important to reveal gun ownership when applying to rent/lease a place -- shouldn't be a Harvard grad.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:30 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Anyone living in a home should be informed that there are firearms on the premises. She clearly hid that fact from her roommates. This has nothing to do with legality. Causes she donates to don't put her roommates in potential jeopardy; guns do. Get real.
How are they put in jeopardy? If she's crazy enough to not be trusted with a firearm, then why would she be trusted around sharp knives, or baseball bats, or toxic chemicals? She had no reason or obligation to inform them. Their "discomfort" is not her problem, but for the left (and other sissies) it's all about the "feels", right? Maybe she had not yet obtained secure storage and was practicing security through obfuscation - not the best answer but her possessions are hers and not subject to approval by a bunch of snowflakes. This has everything to do with legality.

I clean my guns in the driveway after a session at the range, toxic cleaners and such. One day, my next-door neighbor came over and said "I didn't know you had all of those." I replied "I didn't know I had to tell you." He went on "You don't keep any of them loaded, do you?" I asked him if he had any pens in the house, and if so, did he keep ink in those pens. "Not much good otherwise, are they?"

His feels are not my problem. Likewise with this young lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
In your own home you have a choice....and a right to own or not.

Any Harvard grad that hasn't figured out that it would be important to reveal gun ownership when applying to rent/lease a place -- shouldn't be a Harvard grad.
This was her home. She chose to own. Nobody's business but hers.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:37 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:

So if DH and I decide to rent a room, we have to inform the prospective tenant of the fact that we own firearms.

1) I see.
2) lolol

Old 12-04-2018, 07:37 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Why is this even a news story? Roommates have a debate. Why does the rest of the world need to know that?

As for the girl with the firearms, why would she even want to stay there with pansies like that? If they ever get attacked, I'll bet they're going to wish she was around.

Now she can live with roommates who aren't such babies, or she can go live on her own. I prefer the latter, and maybe she will find out it's the best thing that happened.
Not likely to be missed under any circumstances. They'll never get attacked and there's no guarantee she even knows how to use it - more likely she'd end up hurting herself or them. She can go elsewhere and protect herself....maybe.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:51 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,577,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Newsflash: There's no such thing as a protected class when it comes to your own roommates.

Freedom of association wins the day.
huh ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies