Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 02:24 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You are right, if it was a middle aged white man he would have showed his ID immediately and would not have caused a scene. Hell, do you know how many black people give the police a hard time when pulled over and dont want to present their license? It seems to me blacks want to act a fool without consequence.
Exactly. White people don't have the choice to refuse and then scream racism. No one will care even if we go to the media and say I was asked while on the phone! OMG! And then police called after I screamed and made a disturbance. There would be a collective shrug. So? Are you black? No? Then it doesn't matter.

Old 01-02-2019, 03:53 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
And yet all the other black guests stayed there with no issues.
All the other blacks were carefully minding their Ps and Qs, taking extra effort to be nice.

We already know that the way to stay out of trouble is to avoid acting like either Sha-ne-ne (who will get the cops called on her promptly) or like Katie (who can act like a jackazz and get away with it because of WMP).

Old 01-02-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Exactly. White people don't have the choice to refuse and then scream racism. No one will care even if we go to the media and say I was asked while on the phone! OMG! And then police called after I screamed and made a disturbance. There would be a collective shrug. So? Are you black? No? Then it doesn't matter.
White people keep saying, "If it happened to me...." but it wouldn't happen to you.

That's why there are no videos of it happening to white people...it simply doesn't.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
All the other blacks were carefully minding their Ps and Qs, taking extra effort to be nice.

We already know that the way to stay out of trouble is to avoid acting like either Sha-ne-ne (who will get the cops called on her promptly) or like Katie (who can act like a jackazz and get away with it because of WMP).
That is complete bull****.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
White people keep saying, "If it happened to me...." but it wouldn't happen to you.

That's why there are no videos of it happening to white people...it simply doesn't.
It does. It has. To me. But no one cares! It wasn't racially motivated. Or was it? I mean that can happen. Hispanic or black employees might have had racial motivation, but no one cares, so I don't even bother to WONDER.

There are no videos because no one cares! White person tossed out for making a scene is not newsworthy. I was tossed for making a scene because my phone didn't work. I wasn't even making a scene. I was in a normal tone saying you need to make my phone work or give me another room or give me my money back. Police were called because they weren't going to do any of those things and they wanted me out of their lobby. I couldn't make a thing on social media because I am not black.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:03 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Nobody would bother racially profiling black people if it weren't for other black people screwing it up for you. This guy, I hate to say it, is somebody who ain't helping your cause as a people and making ya'll look bad. Yes I get it: everybody should be judged based on their own behavior and it is unfortunate when people get unfairly profiled based on age/race/sex/etc who aren't doing anything wrong, but meanwhile out in the real world the behavior of other black people is going to reflect on you if you're black and that is just a burden you have to deal with. So instead of getting mad at the rest world for assuming you are one of the "bad" black people when you are not, get mad at the ghetto/ratchet/rude black people who give all the rest of you a bad look in the first place.

It is obvious this guy is no hero and doesn't get it based on the video he posted where he was crying about how they were picking on him because he was black. How about just admitting they were picking on you because you were being an entitled douche by refusing to show them your card and then throwing a huge embarrassing tantrum in public? Put the race baiting on the back burner and grow up!

Old 01-02-2019, 05:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Nobody would bother racially profiling black people if it weren't for other black people screwing it up for you. This guy, I hate to say it, is somebody who ain't helping your cause as a people and making ya'll look bad. Yes I get it: everybody should be judged based on their own behavior and it is unfortunate when people get unfairly profiled based on age/race/sex/etc who aren't doing anything wrong, but meanwhile out in the real world the behavior of other black people is going to reflect on you if you're black and that is just a burden you have to deal with. So instead of getting mad at the rest world for assuming you are one of the "bad" black people when you are not, get mad at the ghetto/ratchet/rude black people who give all the rest of you a bad look in the first place.

It is obvious this guy is no hero and doesn't get it based on the video he posted where he was crying about how they were picking on him because he was black. How about just admitting they were picking on you because you were being an entitled douche by refusing to show them your card and then throwing a huge embarrassing tantrum in public? Put the race baiting on the back burner and grow up!
Yeah?

Is everyone judging white people by the actions of Timothy McVeigh? Adam Lanza? Charlottesville?
Guy that shot up the synagogue?

Old 01-02-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Nobody would bother racially profiling black people if it weren't for other black people screwing it up for you. This guy, I hate to say it, is somebody who ain't helping your cause as a people and making ya'll look bad. Yes I get it: everybody should be judged based on their own behavior and it is unfortunate when people get unfairly profiled based on age/race/sex/etc who aren't doing anything wrong, but meanwhile out in the real world the behavior of other black people is going to reflect on you if you're black and that is just a burden you have to deal with.
And so, you have just defined white privilege.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
And so, you have just defined white privilege.
Just giving it to you straight like an adult. If that hits you too hard in the feels, go find some other universe to live in where everybody kisses your a*s all day I guess.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah?

Is everyone judging white people by the actions of Timothy McVeigh? Adam Lanza? Charlottesville?
Guy that shot up the synagogue?
So this is the "white people are bad too" deflection response? That will get you nowhere. One of those people I'm fairly certain was a made up character who never even existed, not to change the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies