Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 07:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Who are you going to believe? Your own eyes or the sacred words of Dear Leader, Donald the All Father, our Lord and Savior?
It's not like Trumps gone back on his word. (I actually posted that and didn't get struck by lightening)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 07:50 AM

1,330 posts, read 699,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Yeah, and Obozo wasn't a narcissist, lying sociopath either? The country survived 8 miserable years but here we are doing just fine.
Learn to use a dictionary. Obama was not a narcissist in any way, like Trump...

Trumps entire life has been about his brand. Nothing more.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:50 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,990,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
prior to 9/11 the fedguv set min. standards for airport security, at the same time it told the airlines they were too big to fail by rewarding them with bailouts, subsidies and shielding them from lawsuits through legislation that protects them from any non passenger related damages they might incur (such as a plane crashing into a building).So yes the airlines did the min., and did so knowing they would be compensated/protected from failure, so why then would they do anything above and beyond what the gov required of them? An accurate assessment would be that the govt incentivized airlines to compromise security and 9/11 was an unfortunate outcome of such.
Tying the economic survival of the airline directly to safety is the best way to ensure it.
Whatever the reasons it was still an ineffective joke. I used to fly regularly out of Newark in the 90s and after observing how lackadaisical and ineffective the screeners were there I was always concerned about my safety. Anyone who flew back then may remember that the people they employed as screeners were from private security companies, like the ones you’d find at malls in the 80s and 90s.

On one trip I was ‘lucky’ enough to witness a ‘test’ performed on the screeners. A man approached a passenger in line in front at the belt for the X-ray machine, identified himself to the passenger as a security employee and asked him if he could use the passenger’s briefcase to test the screener. In his hand was a large translucent plastic card with an image of a handgun on it. The passenger agreed and the tester placed the card under the passenger’s briefcase. This was all done in full view of the person operating the X-ray machine. When the briefcase was x-rayed the screener saw the image of the gun on her screen (which of course she already knew was there) and called over a supervisor who just happenned to be standing nearby watching this comedy unfold. Test passed, all good, the ‘tester’ removed his card from the belt and went over to the next line to do It all over again. Boy did that make me feel safe.

Newark, of course, became the departure point for the majority of the 9/11 hijackers.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:55 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You people are too gullible. Might be the reason you guys have been so clueless since the Tea Party overran the house in 2010.
Just like "Mexico will pay for it"

"Ya Chuck, I'll take the blame" Because instead of placing blame right where it belongs, the democrats spend their time, looking for someone else to blame for their failures, Trump just got there before Chuckie, as the bigger man.

It is too easy to pull one over on you guys! You take yourselves way too seriously.
Yeah meaning just believe me when I tell you to believe me. Otherwise you figure out what I mean. Like Sarah Sanders in a tail spin trying to figure out how to save face. Or Pence, "oh Holy Pence" lying through his teeth. You can see the pain on his face from all the holy lashes he's getting every time he opens his mouth.

You and all of your followers might want to listen to your own advise.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:56 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,247,654 times
Another video where Trump blames the Leader and Chief in 2013.
Without saying the President....
So he pointed the finger at himself today.....
He said it is a FAILURE OF THE LEADER BEING A GOOD NEGOTIATOR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA2QQZTJ50o

Old 01-10-2019, 07:57 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Let me spell it out for you, and I'll speak slowly.

Trump was responsible for the shutdown when it started.

The democrats are responsible for the shutdown continuing. They won't negotiate on things that they themselves, in the past, have said we need to do.
That's a neat trick. The issue that caused the shutdown is exactly the same one that is still ongoing...he wants a border wall. How did anything change other than Trump fans inability to lay any blame at the feet of their savior?

Old 01-10-2019, 07:58 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,036 times
Default The real reason for the shutdown fight

So why is this fight happening on of all things the “wall”?

Its a fight of globalism vs nationalism

You see if theres a wall people have to ask for asylum in mexico. If there is no wall but are other forms of border protection (drones etc) the illegals get to request asylum on usa land. This starts the clock on them being released in the usa. It is all about globalist goals of many in both parties to have a global government.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:59 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,183,676 times
No. This is about Trump trying to save face to his measly base. Nothing more.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:01 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
What were you expecting by a Man that made his billions by going bankrupt.

This wall is all part of the Art Of The Deal to divert attention from his investigation, fleeing administration and indictments of everyone around him.

He has "0" empathy for anyone and doesn't care about the danger this shutdown is causing.

Both sides should accept the 2.5 billion deal offered by Pence towards completing the 700 mile wall, reinforcing whats there, expanding the technology, adding agents on the ground and enforce the immigration system we have in place. Forget about the 2,000 mile wall, by more helicopters and drones to patrol.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:01 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
Why are conservatives lying about the shutdown? Because Trump has normalized lying it's as natural as breathing to them now. They figure they just need to put out talking points and their supporters will latch on and eat it up regardless of how ludicrous and fact less those points are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies