Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 11:16 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,826,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Is this that stupid "taxes are theft" argument again?

Then most certainly, since you must deem me your slave, your property, that I should be compelled to pay for a service which I must pay for myself should I choose to get that same service, you won't mind coming to my door in order to demand my portion of your demanded theft.

Rest assured... should you or another come to my door, armed or not, demanding I pay for them that which I must pay for myself, I will dispatch of them in the same manner I would dispatch any robber.

If you genuinely believe yourself having a right, entitled to STEAL from me, you shouldn't be concerned about the firearms and ammunition you would be greeted with and dispatched by when you come to my door in an attempt to STEAL from me that which I earned.

By what right do you proclaim anything I have earned to pay for something you could earn and pay for yourself?

By what right?

Old 01-15-2019, 11:19 AM

89,308 posts, read 45,022,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Back to the OP's question...

Rights are conferred by the government here in the USA but it is the people who decide what a right is by a democratic process.
Absolutely false. That's a figment of your (and quite a few others', so it seems) imagination.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:20 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,051,798 times
And yet I had a right to an abortion when I, you know, HAD an abortion....

Old 01-15-2019, 11:22 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,660,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Then most certainly, since you must deem me your slave, your property, that I should be compelled to pay for a service which I must pay for myself should I choose to get that same service, you won't mind coming to my door in order to demand my portion of your demanded theft.

Rest assured... should you or another come to my door, armed or not, demanding I pay for them that which I must pay for myself, I will dispatch of them in the same manner I would dispatch any robber.

If you genuinely believe yourself having a right, entitled to STEAL from me, you shouldn't be concerned about the firearms and ammunition you would be greeted with and dispatched by when you come to my door in an attempt to STEAL from me that which I earned.

By what right do you proclaim anything I have earned to pay for something you could earn and pay for yourself?

By what right?
We obviously aren't having a real conversation here, so I'm going to tune you out now.....

Old 01-15-2019, 11:23 AM

89,308 posts, read 45,022,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
And yet I had a right to an abortion when I, you know, HAD an abortion....
If you paid for it yourself or via voluntary donors and did not use the government to force others to pay for your abortion, then yes, that is your right.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:25 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,826,254 times
If I or any other must first be compelled to work, labor and earn in order to pay for something you want, you do NOT have a right to whatever that want is. To proclaim you have such a right is nothing but THEFT.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:36 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,614,644 times
Quote:
You're talking absurdities^
^ A deflection.

You're not answering his questions because you have no valid answers.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:38 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,614,644 times
Quote:
We obviously aren't having a real conversation here, so I'm going to tune you out now.....
^^^^^ Translation: I'm going to bury my head in the sand because I can't/don't want to answer your question.

Old 01-15-2019, 11:47 AM

29,558 posts, read 9,774,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It's my right...
You have the right to....
Healthcare is a right...
College is a right....

Is it really a right, if someone else has to do it for you?
Can I force you to provide a right to me?
Or, do rights deal with Natural Law and things you can provide for yourself?

Interesting to see the diverse viewpoints to come.....

Popcorn please!
"Diverse viewpoints" or just more of the same old pitch between our inherent challenge as individuals vs as a society?

Problem in general is that we don't have the right vocabulary for most of what makes the answer to these questions right or wrong.

Does a poor child in America have a right to healthcare for example?

We're going to answer this question with your litmus test?

"Natural law" would have kids in poor families who can't afford health care dying of measles. That where you and the rest of the ultra right wingers are going with this?

Old 01-15-2019, 12:01 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,660,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ Translation: I'm going to bury my head in the sand because I can't/don't want to answer your question.
No, he is asking absurd questions, comparing paying income tax to armed robbery, which is not true in the slightest. I don't take people like that seriously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies